Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-21, 11:24 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

I'm busy doing the whole egg thing. And honestly, Zippy the rabbit is kind of creepy.
Old 03-29-21, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts

Nintendo must love leaving money on the table. They could sale tons of the Sanrio Cards if they were widely available.
The following users liked this post:
DeFan (03-29-21)
Old 04-15-21, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

I am weak and preordered the AC official soundtrack on Amazon (import). It says coming tomorrow but that's gotta be an error.

On a side note, I want to get the sanrio cards but I wish they would just announce a reissue so I don't have to go with nfc tags.
Old 04-15-21, 10:17 AM
Banned by request

I bought a set of the Sanrio cards from Etsy. I'm guessing that's what nfc tags are? They are damn small, but they worked just fine for my daughter. I agree, there's so much money they're leaving by making the Sanrio products as a limited edition. Lots of cute stuff comes with the characters.
Old 04-17-21, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by E Unit
I bought a set of the Sanrio cards from Etsy. I'm guessing that's what nfc tags are? They are damn small, but they worked just fine for my daughter. I agree, there's so much money they're leaving by making the Sanrio products as a limited edition. Lots of cute stuff comes with the characters.
We ordered a set a month ago and have yet to receive them. If we don't get them by today, my wife is going to contact Esty about our situation.
Old 04-18-21, 10:04 PM
Banned by request

Did you order them from Amazon? We got ours in about a week.
Old 04-19-21, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did you order them from Amazon? We got ours in about a week.
No, my wife ordered them straight of the Esty website. She lives on that site.
Old 04-19-21, 08:36 AM
Banned by request

Ha! Got it.
Old 04-28-21, 01:13 PM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

https://slate.com/culture/2021/04/an...ppointing.html

I'm curious if people who are still playing feel like there are too few QOL improvements. I'm content with the game play but I quit playing in February because I ran out of inventory space again. I know I don't need to keep 6 colors of tuxedo jacket but I like scrolling through my inventory. If the game won't accommodate my preferences I don't want to play.
Old 04-28-21, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

We still play. I have no need for something like increased inventory. You can still scroll through all the things you can buy (which is all of what you have or had), and at this point the number of Bells needed to rebuy anything are a non-issue. We created a separate character and house for things that are not re-purchasable and just store them there.

I would like to see some new achievements, or "things to do". There's really no point to fishing, swimming or catching bugs anymore.
Old 04-28-21, 01:47 PM
Banned by request

I use the Nintendo app to connect to NookLink. I think it’s. Nice idea, but they could do a lot more with it, like daily challenges or something.
Old 07-03-21, 01:35 PM
Premium Member

I have nothing to say, I'm just prattling again...
Old 07-04-21, 08:58 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by the cow
i have nothing to say, i'm just prattling again...
😂
Old 07-23-21, 12:29 PM

I believe this when I read it. 😂

Old 09-10-21, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 92 Likes on 88 Posts

How often did you look at these stars before you said "screw it", I'll watch a movie? Not sure how long I'm expected to look at them and actually gain anything...I doubt I'll gain much, but their frequency is suddenly growing...I have to pause to type every couple seconds...If this is considered an update, then it's extremely lame....And not well thought out by Nintendo...
Old 09-10-21, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Goonies85
How often did you look at these stars before you said "screw it", I'll watch a movie? Not sure how long I'm expected to look at them and actually gain anything...I doubt I'll gain much, but their frequency is suddenly growing...I have to pause to type every couple seconds...If this is considered an update, then it's extremely lame....And not well thought out by Nintendo...
Are you talking about falling stars?
Old 09-10-21, 11:55 PM
Premium Member

Stars (if you are talking about the falling/shooting stars) have always been in the game they are not new. Most days it's none, some days it's a few throughout the evening/night, and sometimes there is a meteor shower night where they appear a lot. If you track how often they appear and other weather patterns (like rain), there is a website you can plug the info in that will map out all of your weather and when the stars appear. You can only gain 20 per night in single player on your own island regardless of how many you wish upon.
Old 09-11-21, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow
Stars (if you are talking about the falling/shooting stars) have always been in the game they are not new. Most days it's none, some days it's a few throughout the evening/night, and sometimes there is a meteor shower night where they appear a lot. If you track how often they appear and other weather patterns (like rain), there is a website you can plug the info in that will map out all of your weather and when the stars appear. You can only gain 20 per night in single player on your own island regardless of how many you wish upon.
I apologize. I've only owned the game for a short period of time and I believe this is the first night I've been subjected to frequent, frequent shooting stars, and whatnot. I've shot a bunch of them, but it gets wearisome. I'm in the current time zone and whatnot so I was caught off guard (cause it sounds like we're either gonna get some more rain...or even...even...sheet down in Alberta)...I just thought it was odd how many their were, when I had actually never seen one before, despite looking constantly...maybe those "shards" will wash down on the beach and I'll be very appreciative...I just didn't wanted waste my time...Especially after having to sit so long in a court room today (different story, won't talk)...just bugs me...Nook did open his new shop today which was nice...but I guess these "shards" or whatever just make stuff that you can maybe sell for a premium? Is that their point?
Old 09-11-21, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Are you talking about falling stars?
Yeah, I apologize, I think I meant to say "shooting stars". I guess there's a difference...There just seems to be a ton of them tonight...As per the gameplay, I guess...Sorry for the confusion...my bad...
Old 09-11-21, 06:13 AM

Yeah, I apologize, I think I meant to say "shooting stars". I guess there's a difference...There just seems to be a ton of them tonight...As per the gameplay, I guess...Sorry for the confusion...my bad...
No worries.

When it comes to shooting stars at night, you’ll hear a chime like sound when they start to fall.

At that point, put away anything you are holding, turn and face the sky and when you see one falling, press B to “wish” on it. It will twinkle. Hold still and continue to wish on each one that falls. When they’ve stopped, wander around and watch for more.

For each star you wish on, a star fragment will appear on the beach the following morning. Collect them.

They are used in recipes to make wands and other items.

Depending on the day, you might find a star fragment that belongs to the current Zodiak sign. Those are used to craft special objects.

Some evenings you’ll see and owl names Celeste and she will give you special star-related recipes.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 09-11-21 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-11-21, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No worries.

When it comes to shooting stars at night, you’ll hear a chime like sound when they start to fall.

At that point, put away anything you are holding, turn and face the sky and when you see one falling, press B to “wish” on it. It will twinkle. Hold still and continue to wish on each one that falls. When they’ve stopped, wander around and watch for more.

For each star you wish on, a star fragment will appear on the beach the following morning. Collect them.

They are used in recipes to make wands and other items.

Depending on the day, you might find a star fragment that belongs to the current Zodiak sign. Those are used to craft special objects.

Some evenings you’ll see and owl names Celeste and she will give you special star-related recipes.

Hope that helps.
Man, you were so right. I woke up and had like 17 "star fragments" + like one giant star fragment + 2, I don't know, like semi-star fragments...Managed to craft some cool stuff...which I sold...So all in all, it was a good call to try and capture as many as I could...Almost wish I had stayed up later and caught more of them. At least now I know...That's something new to me...Can't remember this sort of thing from the GameCube version...Still have tons of "star fragments" left, so I'll be able to craft more stuff later...Any ideas on how I can get different fruits without having to resort to going to friends islands? (I don't currently subscribe to the Nintendo network, so all I have right now are Coconuts, Apples, and Peaches)? Is it just randomly flying to Nook Islands and hoping there's a better variety or do they force you to have to fly to other peoples islands? Cause I have all these recipes for like Pears and Cherries, but I do NOT have those fruits, nor does it look like I'll have them anytime soon...
Old 09-11-21, 05:03 PM

Any ideas on how I can get different fruits without having to resort to going to friends islands? (I don't currently subscribe to the Nintendo network, so all I have right now are Coconuts, Apples, and Peaches)? Is it just randomly flying to Nook Islands and hoping there's a better variety or do they force you to have to fly to other peoples islands? Cause I have all these recipes for like Pears and Cherries, but I do NOT have those fruits, nor does it look like I'll have them anytime soon...
I got mine from visiting friends, but there are several ways to get them.

This page will help:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-cro...and_Templates)

Once you pay off your Island Package, you can use Nook Miles Tickets to visit Mystery Islands… those randomly generated islands might have what you need.
Old 09-11-21, 05:39 PM
Banned by request

One big call out is during Isabel’s morning announcement - she will say that the weather thought is supposed to have a lot of shooting stars, or something to that effect. When she announces it, you will definitely see a lot.

I remember reading a whole back that if you have Celeste visiting, you will see shooting stars, but that isn’t always true. Although she will always give you a DIY for using star fragments.
Old 09-11-21, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine from visiting friends, but there are several ways to get them.

This page will help:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-cro...and_Templates)

Once you pay off your Island Package, you can use Nook Miles Tickets to visit Mystery Islands… those randomly generated islands might have what you need.
Ahhh, now I really wanna pay off the last of my debt (I think I still got like 200,000 bells left to pay. Appreciate the head's up...I know you can skip ahead in time and whatnot, but I prefer not to do that...This will definitely motivate me, as I had not heard of "Mystery Islands" before...Sweet...
Old 09-11-21, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One big call out is during Isabel’s morning announcement - she will say that the weather thought is supposed to have a lot of shooting stars, or something to that effect. When she announces it, you will definitely see a lot.

I remember reading a whole back that if you have Celeste visiting, you will see shooting stars, but that isn’t always true. Although she will always give you a DIY for using star fragments.
Yeah, I heard her saying that which is why I stayed up. Just didn't think they'd last soooooo long. I was all worried that it would only be for like ten or fifteen minutes, but it was like...hours....and hours....and hours...I probably should've stayed up even later but I had a court case in the morning (thankfully, I was not imprisoned, so I'm good; just a small fine which I can pay off in a year)...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.