Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Resident Evil 3 - PS4, XB1 (4/3/20)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-20, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: Resident Evil 3 - PS4, XB1 (4/3/20)

Originally Posted by gerrythedon

Nicole Tompkins is a Texas-born actress whose work includes theater, film, voice-over, video games and television. She most recently starred as the iconic Jill Valentine lending her voice and full performance capture to bring the role to life in Capcom's remake of the fan favorite game Resident Evil 3.
Old 04-12-20, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Completed it yesterday, gonna replay it tomorrow.
How long did it take you?
Old 04-12-20, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
How long did it take you?
Clear time - 07:26:17
Play time - 14:38:41
Old 04-18-20, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

I started playing today for an hour and the grenades are glitched. When I throw them nothing happened they just roll on the ground. Looking online people say the update fixed it but I'm fully updated. Someone else said it fixed after they died so I'll have to see if that fixes it.

Edit: Yep that fixed it. I let Nemesis kill me and then reloaded my save and then the grenades started working.

Last edited by The Questyen; 04-18-20 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-19-20, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finished it up a little while ago. Great game that is a fitting continuation to what Capcom did with the RE2 remake. Nemesis was far less of an annoyance then I was expecting. He only chases you during scripted sections and was far less annoying than Mr. X in RE2. My final playtime was around 7 hours.
Old 04-27-20, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Glad I decided to buy this as I had a change of heart - AWESOME game, this is my favorite RE to date. I've only played the following: RE7, original RE2, RE2 remake, and RE3 Remake but this is by far the best. This game is great for causals like myself -the assisted mode is and ACTUAL assisted mode this time out meaning ammo is everywhere - in fact, you'll actually have to constantly drop stuff because you have too much.

The graphics are even better this time out - very well done. Nemesis is awesome, I honestly held back on this game because of him, thought it was going to be too over the top and guess what? IT IS too dare over the top and that's what makes it great. He's scary but not annoying like Mr. X.

Great game, a lot of tense scenes and nice flow - glad they left out a lot of the puzzle stuff I keep hearing about from the original - I know a lot of you like that thing in your RE games but for me, it's an outdated element and I hope they continue to ditch it in future games as well.
Old 04-27-20, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

My friend said he beat it in just a few hours. He was furious and got Amazon to refund his purchase. I have never been much of a RE fan so I have no opinion either way, but he's not the kind to do that sort of thing routinely and I assume he must have really been disappointed.
Old 04-27-20, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
My friend said he beat it in just a few hours. He was furious and got Amazon to refund his purchase. I have never been much of a RE fan so I have no opinion either way, but he's not the kind to do that sort of thing routinely and I assume he must have really been disappointed.
Yeah, pretty much every complaint I see thrown at the game is about how short it is. Quick players can beat it in less than an hour. While average players can beat it in about 3 hours.

Majority of the top liked reviews on Steam are negative and refer to the lack of a decent length.

So much was removed from the game too... so it's not like there wasn't stuff to draw from with the original. Feels more like DLC to RE2 Remake than a proper full-on game in a lot of ways.
Old 04-27-20, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Your friend is lying. Even if you played with a guide the game would take 5-7 hours to beat even on easy. No chance he beat it in a few hours on his first playthrough. Asking for a refund from Amazon is a shitty move also. Same type of person who sees a movie at the theater and goes up and asks for a refund if they didn't like it. Those people are trash.
Old 04-27-20, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

^ It's not something I would ever do, but as Xbox has that sort of a standard refund policy now, I won't go so far as calling people who ask for a refund after a day "trash".
Old 04-27-20, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Your friend is lying. Even if you played with a guide the game would take 5-7 hours to beat even on easy. No chance he beat it in a few hours on his first playthrough.
I wouldn't say he's lying. A few hours is well within the norm for a playthrough of RE3R and thus believable. After all I've seen many people talk about beating it in under 3 hours; and he did state a "few" hours which is usually used for 3 or more. For most players, 7 hours on this game requires being very slow, back tracking a lot, or leaving the game running while you go do something else for a bit. As I mentioned previously, some really fast players are beating the full game in less than 1 hour (current speedrun record on HTLB is 50min 28sec). It all comes down to play style. Maybe you just play far slower than what Decker's friend does. Just like some people took 40+ minutes on the demo, while it took me only 8 minutes to complete.

Last edited by Koby; 04-27-20 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-27-20, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I keep hearing that B.S. about this game being too short as well - I call B.S. myself - this game felt longer than the RE2 remake. Don't forget, I got trough this probably quicker than most as I played on the easiest difficulty.
Old 04-27-20, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldn't say he's lying. A few hours is well within the norm for a playthrough of RE3R and thus believable. After all I've seen many people talk about beating it in under 3 hours; and he did state a "few" hours which is usually used for 3 or more. For most players, 7 hours on this game requires being very slow, back tracking a lot, or leaving the game running while you go do something else for a bit. As I mentioned previously, some really fast players are beating the full game in less than 1 hour (current speedrun record on HTLB is 50min 28sec). It all comes down to play style. Maybe you just play far slower than what Decker's friend does. Just like some people took 40+ minutes on the demo, while it took me only 8 minutes to complete.
Those people are speed running the game and playing it over and over again to get their times down. No one is beating it under 5 hours during a normal playthrough. 90% of the games ever made have been beaten in less than an hour by a speed runner so that's a terrible comparison.
Old 04-27-20, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to How Long To Beat the original Resident Evil 3 took on average 6 and a half hours to beat. The remake is listed at 6 hours. To beat and unlock everything in the original game is 12 hours and in the remake it's 20 hours.
Old 04-28-20, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No one is beating it under 5 hours during a normal playthrough.
Again, different play styles for different folks. Just because you didn't, doesn't mean no one is. Maybe you just play a lot slower than those complaining about how short it is? Calling people liars for being faster than you is a bit silly. I beat it in less than 4 hours my first play through and that was with me wasting quite a bit of time. I know I can definitely knock that time down in future plays.

Feel free to browse others complaining about the game being over in about 3 hours or crying about how much content was actually cut from the remake:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/95206...nr=1_5_100010_

Still a great game, despite being over too quick and lacking a lot of the content from the original, but it certainly would've been nice to have been able to revisit a lot of the content that didn't make the cut. Definitely still in my top 5 entries for the franchise.

Last edited by Koby; 04-28-20 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-28-20, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I beat it in less than 4 hours my first play through and that was with me wasting quite a bit of time.
No you didn't.
Old 04-28-20, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No you didn't.
See that's the problem. You think because you play slow, that anyone that plays faster is lying; yet the vast majority of people who reviewed the game clearly played faster than you, hence all the reviews citing and/or complaining the game is only 3-4 hours on a normal playthrough.

But alright. Call me a liar for being honest about the time it took to play the game. I'll call you liar for claiming the game is longer than it is. Same thing.

It doesn't change the fact that I beat the game in less than 4 hours on my first play through, nor does it change the fact that so many reviews cite how short the game is.

Just be honest. You play very slow and/or wasted a lot of time. No need to get upset and call folks liars for being faster than you.

I'm curious. How long did it take you to get through a single campaign in RE2 Remake? There were 4: Claire A & B, Leon A & B. Did it take you 7+ hours there too? Because for me, my first play was about 5 hours. The other three campaigns took me about 3 hours my first time through them.
Old 04-28-20, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

See that's the problem. You think because you play slow, that anyone that plays faster is lying; yet the vast majority of people who reviewed the game clearly played faster than you, hence all the reviews citing and/or complaining the game is only 3-4 hours on a normal playthrough.

But alright. Call me a liar for being honest about the time it took to play the game. I'll call you liar for claiming the game is longer than it is. Same thing.

It doesn't change the fact that I beat the game in less than 4 hours on my first play through, nor does it change the fact that so many reviews cite how short the game is.

Just be honest. You play very slow and/or wasted a lot of time. No need to get upset and call folks liars for being faster than you.

I'm curious. How long did it take you to get through a single campaign in RE2 Remake? There were 4: Claire A & B, Leon A & B. Did it take you 7+ hours there too? Because for me, my first play was about 5 hours. The other three campaigns took me about 3 hours my first time through them.
I'm not upset in the slightest. People lie all the time you're not the first to do it.
Old 04-28-20, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not upset in the slightest. People lie all the time you're not the first to do it.
Alright. So because everyone plays faster than you, that makes them liars. Got it.

Thanks for spamming the thread with nonsense attacks just because you're slow.

You're not even willing to answer valid questions... just repeating that anyone faster than you must be liars. =O

Maybe you're just trolling?
Old 04-28-20, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Alright. That's enough. Just chill for a bit ... (that's forum talk for stop replying in this thread for a few days voluntarily otherwise we will prevent you from replying for a week).

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk Forum
Old 04-28-20, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just want to make sure everyone knows......The game does take about 6 - 7 hours if you play normal so it's about the same length as RE2. Just want to make sure anyone one the fence about buying this doesn't turn away from it because they think it's only a couple of hours long.
Old 04-28-20, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It comes bundled (for free) with an online game called Resident Evil Resistance, which would probably be fun, but I haven't tried it out yet.
That alone would give you unlimited replayability though.
Old 04-28-20, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by namja
Alright. That's enough. Just chill for a bit ... (that's forum talk for stop replying in this thread for a few days voluntarily otherwise we will prevent you from replying for a week).

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk Forum
Yeah ok
Old 04-28-20, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It comes bundled (for free) with an online game called Resident Evil Resistance, which would probably be fun, but I haven't tried it out yet.
That alone would give you unlimited replayability though.
It's pretty fun. You can play as the mastermind which means you plant zombies and you can even control Mr. X - it's a lot of fun looking through the cameras at the players and planting zombies on them unexpectedly.

What makes it so great is that you can ALWAYS just play as the mastermind if you wan to, there is no random player selected at the start of the match. I love that as I think that's all I'll play as.

Mind you, I haven't played it all that much so I can't say it's worth it or not but the time I did put in I had fun with.
Old 04-29-20, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

My first playthrough took me just over 7 hours. Outside of the first area where I took my time trying to find everything, I kinda plowed through the rest of the game as it felt much more linear. Does the runtime count retries on boss fights? There were a couple that took me quite a few tries before I beat them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.