Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Old 09-21-19, 11:48 PM

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

I've played about a dozen rounds so far, and here's my initial impression of 32vs32 Ground War mode.

I like the progression system. The last COD I played (WWII) was too confusing. There were loot boxes and cards and coins and it didn't make any sense. This is back to basics and very easy to follow.

I also like that games are short. I think they were around 15 minutes each. Sometimes a round of Battlefield can go on forever.

Getting placed in a match, and returning to the menu after the match was very quick. Much faster than Battlefield.

I don't like this map. The gameplay is too chaotic. 64-players feels really crowded. And rooms have too many entry points so you're constantly getting shot in the back. After 2-3 minutes, the killstreaks force everyone inside to avoid the missiles and helicopters.

Tanks are annoying. They're parked on the edge of the map and shooting through open windows, blindly killing anyone in the room.

Almost every game is a blowout, and I blame that on killstreaks. The team that's doing well gets killstreaks, then they start dominating the game. I only had one close game.

I hate snipers that sit on a roof and target spawn points. You shouldn't be able to kill players that are in their starting base.
Old 09-25-19, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
I've played about a dozen rounds so far, and here's my initial impression of 32vs32 Ground War mode.

I like the progression system. The last COD I played (WWII) was too confusing. There were loot boxes and cards and coins and it didn't make any sense. This is back to basics and very easy to follow.

I also like that games are short. I think they were around 15 minutes each. Sometimes a round of Battlefield can go on forever.

Getting placed in a match, and returning to the menu after the match was very quick. Much faster than Battlefield.

I don't like this map. The gameplay is too chaotic. 64-players feels really crowded. And rooms have too many entry points so you're constantly getting shot in the back. After 2-3 minutes, the killstreaks force everyone inside to avoid the missiles and helicopters.

Tanks are annoying. They're parked on the edge of the map and shooting through open windows, blindly killing anyone in the room.

Almost every game is a blowout, and I blame that on killstreaks. The team that's doing well gets killstreaks, then they start dominating the game. I only had one close game.

I hate snipers that sit on a roof and target spawn points. You shouldn't be able to kill players that are in their starting base.
Pretty sure I played original MW (and the follow-on). Aside from getting into Black Ops 4 with friends for the battleground play, I havenít touched MW series in a long time. I did however check out the MW open beta.

I agree with a lot of your assessment. Once I learned to play the map, I did a lot better with positive streaks. However, as you said once middle strikes and barriers come in itís just no longer fun. There were often times when Iíd spawn and die instantly because a kill streak was in progress, or an enemy was walking by (because as you said - crowded).

I feel like to have a chance, you need to know youíre going to do poorly until you upgrade weapons and unlock kill streaks. I wish theyíd either segment players, or severely nerf kills streaks and make them tactical advantages (radar, armor buff, etc.). Otherwise itís like fish and a barrel.

Iíd possibly pick it up in the $20-40 range, but wonít pay full price.
Old 09-25-19, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fans Upset Over Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's Year-Long PS4 Exclusive Mode, Infinity Ward Reacts

Xbox and PC players won't get the Special Ops Survival Mode until October 2020

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09...ty-ward-reacts