DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/647731-call-duty-modern-warfare-2019-not-confused-call-duty-4-modern-warfare.html)

Dan 05-24-19 09:10 AM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Title confirmed by Jason Schreier of Kotaku:

frag me if old.

Adam Tyner 05-24-19 09:23 AM

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIII: Modern Warfare IIII: Modern Warfare. Makes sense to me!

mattysemo247 05-24-19 12:22 PM

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

They should just take the sports approach and put the year behind it. Call of Duty '19

slop101 05-24-19 01:43 PM

No single player campaign again?

Rob V 05-28-19 09:24 AM

I'm out this time... fool me 19 times, shame on you. Fool me ........ can't get fooled again!

Adam Tyner 05-30-19 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 13555402)
No single player campaign again?

There is a campaign!

I can’t post everything here easily ‘cause I’m on my phone, but full campaign, new engine, cross-platform multiplayer... October 25th.

Adam Tyner 05-30-19 12:48 PM

Atmos! No season pass! Oh boy.

Prepare to go dark, Modern Warfare® is back!

The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war. Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up.

Beyond the campaign, players will be thrust into the ultimate online playground with a classic multiplayer experience and an all-new cooperative play mode, featuring a collection of strategic co-op missions accessible to all skill levels, that only Call of Duty can deliver.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can with an edgy, culturally relevant and thought-provoking single-player campaign.
  • Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces and freedom fighters throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East.
  • Fans will experience personalities from the Modern Warfare series, including the iconic Captain Price, while experiencing visceral frontline encounters with lethal tier one operators who work within the gray area of their rules of engagement.
  • Single player gameplay is reflexive and strategic, supporting the narrative through a variety of different playstyles including close quarter, stealth missions and long-range combat that puts tactical decision making to the ultimate test.

Tech: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare features a new engine delivering an immersive and photo-realistic experience. The new technology utilizes the latest advancements in visual engineering, including a physically-based material system allowing for state-of-the-art photogrammetry, a new hybrid tile based streaming system, new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing (PC) and more, as well as a new GPU geometry pipeline. Spectral rendering delivers thermal heat radiation and infrared identification for both thermal and night-vision in-game imaging. The technical investment made provides a cutting-edge animation system and blend shape system, while the new suite of audio of tools allows for full Dolby ATMOS support, on supported platforms, along with the latest in audio simulation effects.

Decker 05-30-19 01:40 PM

Pushes boundaries and breaks rules! Edgy and culturally-relevant! A diverse cast! :lol: The first CoD game ready for the Twitter crowd.

That said, I am delighted that it has single player campain and a co-op mode. Those were two things I really wanted.

Dan 05-30-19 02:10 PM

Sounds like they've finally found a way to "top" No Russian.

OldBoy 05-30-19 06:33 PM

Well, I got it. Loved 1-3. Yet to get to the other Modern Warfare or Infinite, the last one, I dunno. But, loved the gameplay and realistic settings and some strong narrative. Was the trailer for this one the voice of Idris Elba and was he playing a white guy?

Edison 05-30-19 07:15 PM

No Battle Royale mode? I may stick with BLOPSIIII.

I did notice that they had a message saying only one person has to have the Season Pass, and the other players in their party also get access to the new maps. Is this always going on, or is it a limited time/special thing?

Rival11 05-30-19 08:03 PM

Game looks fantastic. Really happy that Price is back again as well, I'll never get sick of that cast.

Defintiely glad the battle royal garbage is out this year.

spainlinx0 05-31-19 10:43 AM

I have been spending most of my time in BO4 on Blackops, so this is disappointing.

Rival11 08-01-19 08:29 AM

Multiplayer reveal is today in a bout a half hour (10am) as well as some other stuff, I think.

slop101 08-01-19 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13558066)
Well, I got it.

No you didn't, because it doesn't come out until 10/25.

OldBoy 08-01-19 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 13587240)
No you didn't, because it doesn't come out until 10/25.

ok, Mr. Technical. I preordered.

gerrythedon 08-01-19 11:39 PM

https://blog.activision.com/content/...ition-Tout.jpg

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=...+Edition,28zu0
full details https://blog.activision.com/call-of-...ition-Revealed

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...f800de78e4.jpg

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=...+Edition,28zu0

Decker 08-02-19 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13587260)
ok, Mr. Technical. I preordered.

I have to ask : As someone who seems to get really concerned about every negative or even delayed review of a game he is interested, why do you keep pre-ordering digital copies games way in advance? There is literally no reason to do that now as opposed to waiting until early reviews come in. Why not wait until at least right before release date?

mattysemo247 08-02-19 12:58 PM

This looks like a lot of fun. I haven't bought a CoD game in years, but I look forward to renting and playing through the campaign each year.

OldBoy 08-02-19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13587625)
I have to ask : As someone who seems to get really concerned about every negative or even delayed review of a game he is interested, why do you keep pre-ordering digital copies games way in advance? There is literally no reason to do that now as opposed to waiting until early reviews come in. Why not wait until at least right before release date?

Please see this thread...
Youngblood

Also, digital never drops in price and I only want digital. So it is what it is...

Decker 08-03-19 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13588023)
Also, digital never drops in price and I only want digital. So it is what it is...

From November 18, 2018

Microsoft Black Friday Digital Game Sale

Microsoft has done a great job over the last five years of growing their digital video game marketplace. Which is ironic, given the negative reaction to their pre-E3 announcement about a digital-based Xbox One back in 2013. Between these kinds of sales and Game Pass, the Xbox One looks very impressive!

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for $48: It’s only been out for four weeks and it’s already on sale for $48. Traditionally, Call of Duty games launch before the holiday season and then are discounted down for events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This is a fantastic price for a great game.

OldBoy 08-03-19 11:40 AM

ok Deck...you proved me wrong, yet again. oh well...

JTH182 08-23-19 06:33 PM

For those who don't know, the 2v2 alpha is available on the PS4 right now (don't know about other platforms). The game looks amazing, and plays pretty well, but this 2v2 mode SUCKS.

TheBigDave 09-21-19 03:05 PM

There's a free open beta this weekend. It's available right now on the Xbox (and probably on the PS4 and PC).

I'm so awful at this game. I think the last COD MP I was any good at was the first Black Ops. I'm getting slaughtered.

Based on all the hype, I was expecting the 32v32 to be more like Battlefield. But it's just a giant COD game.

mattysemo247 09-21-19 03:54 PM

I also played it for a little bit today. I was getting slaughtered.