Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Old 11-06-19, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
I appreciate Ubisoft taking some responsibility and realizing who far off the mark this was, but I do wonder about them saying they are "aware that some of the design choices made have caused polarized reactions and discussions regarding the direction taken by the Ghost Recon franchise."

"Polarized reactions" makes it seems like some people really loved the game while others, in contrast, were displeased. Not sure that's the case. I almost deleted the game entirely, but as long as I have space I'll leave it in hopes there are some major changes. Honestly right now I can't even bring myself to open it, even in my most bored moments, but I do know I will never, ever buy another such game at launch.
I'm sure some people did love it... and all nine of them are having a blast. But yeah, their speak is just a damaged-control way to say "we totally f*cked up". I'm sure there is some lead director who made these choices and they're being very diplomatic with how they bash said decisions to the fan-base.
Old 11-06-19, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I'm sure some people did love it... and all nine of them are having a blast. But yeah, their speak is just a damaged-control way to say "we totally f*cked up". I'm sure there is some lead director who made these choices and they're being very diplomatic with how they bash said decisions to the fan-base.
LOLLLLLL

I did just get a survey from Ubisoft via email on Breakpoint, which I filled out thoroughly and honestly. Worth a shot I guess.

Edit: Ouch. $27.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy

Last edited by uteotw; 11-07-19 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Addition