Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Old 11-06-19, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
I appreciate Ubisoft taking some responsibility and realizing who far off the mark this was, but I do wonder about them saying they are "aware that some of the design choices made have caused polarized reactions and discussions regarding the direction taken by the Ghost Recon franchise."

"Polarized reactions" makes it seems like some people really loved the game while others, in contrast, were displeased. Not sure that's the case. I almost deleted the game entirely, but as long as I have space I'll leave it in hopes there are some major changes. Honestly right now I can't even bring myself to open it, even in my most bored moments, but I do know I will never, ever buy another such game at launch.
I'm sure some people did love it... and all nine of them are having a blast. But yeah, their speak is just a damaged-control way to say "we totally f*cked up". I'm sure there is some lead director who made these choices and they're being very diplomatic with how they bash said decisions to the fan-base.
Old 11-06-19, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I'm sure some people did love it... and all nine of them are having a blast. But yeah, their speak is just a damaged-control way to say "we totally f*cked up". I'm sure there is some lead director who made these choices and they're being very diplomatic with how they bash said decisions to the fan-base.
LOLLLLLL

I did just get a survey from Ubisoft via email on Breakpoint, which I filled out thoroughly and honestly. Worth a shot I guess.

Edit: Ouch. $27.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy

Last edited by uteotw; 11-07-19 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 11-25-19, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I was in Bestbuy this morning and yep it's already at that price. This is one of the fastest drops in prices for a AAA title I can recall for some time. I am still not getting it at that price. When it hits $20 I will get it in the hope that within a year they will have sorted a lot of the shit out.

I actually went back to Wildlands this weekend for a bit and amazing how different the two games play. Fast and fun against slow and generally dull.
Old 11-25-19, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
I was in Bestbuy this morning and yep it's already at that price. This is one of the fastest drops in prices for a AAA title I can recall for some time. I am still not getting it at that price. When it hits $20 I will get it in the hope that within a year they will have sorted a lot of the shit out.

I actually went back to Wildlands this weekend for a bit and amazing how different the two games play. Fast and fun against slow and generally dull.

Funny you mentioned Wildlands...because several over on the official GRB orums have mentioned it and are shocked just how the difference is....like Wildlands is soooo much better. I know two of my friends are still plaing it...and fallout 76...which whatever...but I still need to play Fallen Ghost and never ever defeated that PITA Predator mission....

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...e-Since-GRB!-!
Old 11-26-19, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Funny you mentioned Wildlands...because several over on the official GRB orums have mentioned it and are shocked just how the difference is....like Wildlands is soooo much better. I know two of my friends are still plaing it...and fallout 76...which whatever...but I still need to play Fallen Ghost and never ever defeated that PITA Predator mission....

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...e-Since-GRB!-!
Give me a heads up and I will help you beat that Predator mission. I started out hating it, but grew to love it in the end. Fallen Ghosts is worth playing through as well.
Old 11-27-19, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I see there's another Update...1.05 (PS4 & XB)….1.05... The game came out roughly six - seven weeks ago and already has had some massive Updates...and still not right....

Day One Update 1.0.1...…….13.5gb
Oct 15 Patch/Update 1.02......10.6gb
Nov 12 Patch/Update 1.03,,,,,,7gb
Nov 26 Patch/Update 1.05......11.3gb

..thanks for the offer with Predator.....shame as I was hoping the bunch I ran in Wildlands would want to do Fallen Ghosts....but they're all over the place...including Breakpoint and Fallout 76
Old 11-27-19, 11:06 AM

I see there's another Update...1.05 (PS4 & XB)Ö.1.05... The game came out roughly six - seven weeks ago and already has had some massive Updates...and still not right....

Day One Update 1.0.1...ÖÖ.13.5gb
Oct 15 Patch/Update 1.02......10.6gb
Nov 12 Patch/Update 1.03,,,,,,7gb
Nov 26 Patch/Update 1.05......11.3gb
Here's what they fixed this time around. Nice of them to keep trying, but I think I'm going to have to just delete this game. I never finished Wildlands, plus I'd like to get Outer Worlds...

Nov. 26 Patch
Old 11-28-19, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's what they fixed this time around. Nice of them to keep trying, but I think I'm going to have to just delete this game. I never finished Wildlands, plus I'd like to get Outer Worlds...

Nov. 26 Patch

I got The Outer Worlds a few days after the release and glad I did....it was a fun game especially if you're in "Fallout Style" games Well designed, loved the characters. It is Fallout in Space.......I'd rather go back to playing the add-on DLC in Wildlands. I tried the free Beta in Breakpoint and after six hours didn't play it again that weekend and canceled my Pre-order. If any game that has surprised me more than all the other over the last 2-3 years has been The Last of Us Remastered. Never played the original as I came from 360....but after The Outer Worlds I decided to restart (only did the first early part). Just a awesome story, two main characters were sensational and at times I felt like I was playing a mini-series from Stephen King.....
Old 11-28-19, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So as someone who likes the Ubisoft open world games, but didnít like Wildlands, but likes loot-shooters, is this for me? Have the patches addressed enough so far to make this a somewhat likable game?
Old 11-28-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder if they updated the gun and vehicle audio as the sfx they used in the Beta were some of the worst I have heard in maybe the last 20 years of gaming. Just pathetic. Amazing how something as simple as the sound effects can have such a dramatic effect on a game. The list for this is pretty endless though, and some are unsolvable (The stupid Hub is one such thing).
Old 12-03-19, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So a friend mistakenly got sent two copies of this from an online sale and let me have a copy for free. So played it for a while last night after running the update. I see many of the same issues from the Beta are still present. One thing that happened about 4 times last night, and is basically game breaking is the fact that i got disconnected from the servers multiple times. This happened during single player campaign mode. The last time it happened i had spent about 30 minutes slowly clearing out a base for it to crash the game back to main menu and i lost all progress. I don't recall this problem from the Beta, but it happened multiple times last night and it makes the game impossible to play as you never know when you may get disconnected. The whole idea of having a single player campaign game requiring to be always online is fucking stupid to say the least. Wildlands campaign could be played offline without any problem, but that is no longer the case. If the have to fix one issue above all, it is this. They deserve to get a lot of shit thrown at them for this idiotic decision.

The game still has issues with sound design (fucking horrible for all vehicles and weapons). Menus don't seem quite as bad, but its still a pain in the ass to work with. The camera angle is position too close to the actual player. Needs to be backed off a bit. This is another change since Wildlands, and one that makes no sense. The AI is ridiculous in how bad it is. You can shoot someone and a soldier stood next to them wont bat an eyelid. This game will prove to be a walk in the park due to that alone, that is is you ever manage to stay online long enough to complete it.

Playing it again after the Beta i now have gotten the feel to how closely it resembles the last few Assassins Creed games. There is so much shit that needs looting everywhere, and the whole idea of tiered weapons i am really on the fence about. I like the aspect that regions of the map have stronger foes, but in this game i am not sure how well that works with tiered weapons. Its the weapon itself that should be the level, not having a tier so two guns of the same make have wildly different levels. Wildlands did this well in the fact that you knew which weapons were the strongest, and if you played it on Tiered gameplay you could level the weapon up. If you didn't play tiered then the weapon strength would be dependent on their individual stats. I read that they are working with this, so lets see.

So in all, its still a mess. Some major problems that need rectifying immediately, and many that will take several months to address. I will be curious to see how much support this game is going to get in the future as i don't think sales figures have been great and they may choose to cut their losses and move on. For anyone that paid for this, they have a responsibility to give them at least a game that is playable, and its not even that at the moment.
Old 12-03-19, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well said and take on the game James...and sadly...depends on viewpoint...many on the official forum have similar comments....

After playing Wildlands, like so many others we could not wait for the next installment and "Based on all the trailers and info leading up to Breakpoint"...we all thought this was going to be a awesome game. Instead, it's a lot like with Fallout 76...divided the player base with the traditional Ghost Recon players on one side and the Loot Shooter and bit of everything in the mix players on the other.

There was some articles on a few gaming sites where the recent survey had the two top wanted changes in Breakpoint were...Offline and Bring Back AI Teammates. But just like Fallout 76, there's far more problems and issues that it might as you said, just patch and make what can work for now and in fact it's been rumored that Ubisoft is sort of looking at something along...GR: Breakpoint 2.0. I think the story, foundation, setting is all there, just need to get the other parts they used from other games out and go back to the roots and foundation of Ghost Recon.

Wildlands Standard is up at $20 in the PS Store and I'd get that before Breakpoint. Heck, you can get The Division 2 Gold Edition now under $30 and I'd take that before Breakpoint....
Old 12-03-19, 09:49 AM

Well said and take on the game James...and sadly...depends on viewpoint...many on the official forum have similar comments....

After playing Wildlands, like so many others we could not wait for the next installment and "Based on all the trailers and info leading up to Breakpoint"...we all thought this was going to be a awesome game. Instead, it's a lot like with Fallout 76...divided the player base with the traditional Ghost Recon players on one side and the Loot Shooter and bit of everything in the mix players on the other.

There was some articles on a few gaming sites where the recent survey had the two top wanted changes in Breakpoint were...Offline and Bring Back AI Teammates. But just like Fallout 76, there's far more problems and issues that it might as you said, just patch and make what can work for now and in fact it's been rumored that Ubisoft is sort of looking at something along...GR: Breakpoint 2.0. I think the story, foundation, setting is all there, just need to get the other parts they used from other games out and go back to the roots and foundation of Ghost Recon.

Wildlands Standard is up at $20 in the PS Store and I'd get that before Breakpoint. Heck, you can get The Division 2 Gold Edition now under $30 and I'd take that before Breakpoint....
I just deleted this game that I shamefully paid full price for. If there is a 2.0, maybe I'll revisit, but as hard as I tried to like this game it was just horrific. I played the heck out of The Division 2 and even more out of Wildlands. I finished BL3 and picked up The Outer Worlds for $35 on Black Friday, so I'll be moving on to that next.
Old 12-03-19, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just deleted this game that I shamefully paid full price for. If there is a 2.0, maybe I'll revisit, but as hard as I tried to like this game it was just horrific. I played the heck out of The Division 2 and even more out of Wildlands. I finished BL3 and picked up The Outer Worlds for $35 on Black Friday, so I'll be moving on to that next.

Good grabs on BF...I loved The Outer Worlds...not perfect but if you're in the Fallout style of games right down the alley. Far more enjoyable than the small time I spent with Breakpoint (only the Beta) and Fallout 76 combined....and sad when you look at Obsidian on who they are compared to Ubisoft and Bethesda....
Old 12-03-19, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, down to $20 on Amazon currently. That has to be a record, even for a Ubisoft game.
Old 12-04-19, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
So as someone who likes the Ubisoft open world games, but didnít like Wildlands, but likes loot-shooters, is this for me? Have the patches addressed enough so far to make this a somewhat likable game?
In its current state i would say 99% sure you wouldn't like it. Still far far far too many issues, and if you didn't like Wildlands then this is more of the same, but lesser. It certainly has looting, you will spend 70% of your time opening crates and picking shit up. Shooting, yeah that happens as well, but it doesn't have the bite of Wildlands where shit could hit the fan real quick and end up being a fantastic run and gun experience.

Deep down there could be a half decent game here, but in order to get there is asking a colossal effort from Ubisoft and i seriously doubt they will go the distance. They will make several updates which will fix the issues players are asking for (i am curious to see if making fixes creates a brand new set of problems. People ask for the extra team mates, but if they act like the shitty AI then it may be a case of be careful what you wish for), but trying to get all the cracks in this game fixed will simply not happen.

What pisses me off is there a lot of ideas that could have worked, and worked very well. But the sheer number of head scratching ideas they implemented way out number the good. For example, the bivouacs, i like the concept, but then they add in the fact that these are the only places you can spawn in vehicles. I mean WHAT????? Being able to call vehicle drops anywhere makes the game far more playable. Ok, i get the fact that the story dictates that you are trapped alone behind enemy lines, but shit like that doesn't come into game mechanic decisions like this. Just stupid stupid stupid.
Old 12-04-19, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In its current state i would say 99% sure you wouldn't like it. Still far far far too many issues, and if you didn't like Wildlands then this is more of the same, but lesser. It certainly has looting, you will spend 70% of your time opening crates and picking shit up. Shooting, yeah that happens as well, but it doesn't have the bite of Wildlands where shit could hit the fan real quick and end up being a fantastic run and gun experience.

Deep down there could be a half decent game here, but in order to get there is asking a colossal effort from Ubisoft and i seriously doubt they will go the distance. They will make several updates which will fix the issues players are asking for (i am curious to see if making fixes creates a brand new set of problems. People ask for the extra team mates, but if they act like the shitty AI then it may be a case of be careful what you wish for), but trying to get all the cracks in this game fixed will simply not happen.

What pisses me off is there a lot of ideas that could have worked, and worked very well. But the sheer number of head scratching ideas they implemented way out number the good. For example, the bivouacs, i like the concept, but then they add in the fact that these are the only places you can spawn in vehicles. I mean WHAT????? Being able to call vehicle drops anywhere makes the game far more playable. Ok, i get the fact that the story dictates that you are trapped alone behind enemy lines, but shit like that doesn't come into game mechanic decisions like this. Just stupid stupid stupid.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 12-04-19, 05:46 PM

you will spend 70% of your time opening crates and picking shit up. Shooting, yeah that happens as well, but it doesn't have the bite of Wildlands where shit could hit the fan real quick and end up being a fantastic run and gun experience.
Sooooooo true, and funny in a sad, pathetic sort of way.

I would not recommend this game to anyone at all.
Old 12-05-19, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I keep coming back to this thread in hopes of reading

"They fixed it! All the things that made Wildlands great are now in Breakpoint!!"

Old 12-05-19, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I keep coming back to this thread in hopes of reading

"They fixed it! All the things that made Wildlands great are now in Breakpoint!!"

I think a lot of us out there feel and hope in a way this was or could be true....but sadly don't think this game will pan out to what everyone was hoping it would be. There's just far too many issues...that's actually part and in bedded in the game that would require far more than some 5-7gb patch which seems to be the normality from Ublisoft with Breakpoint nowadays. I'd prefer them to try to make Breakpoint 2.0...keep the story, location, characters but take out a lot of that junk trying to make Breakpoint into part Division, part Assassin Creed, part whatever else that's not of Ghost Recon...and go back to the fundamentals of the game itself....and maybe take from what worked in Wildlands as well....game could be $10 and I'd still wouldn't get it....go buy Bloodborne, God of War or Horizon Zero dawn or something....
Old 12-06-19, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In general, I wish Ubi would give us another Splinter Cell, a campaign for Rainbow Six and a true Wildlands sequel... all are truly excellent at what they do and deserve more iterations.
Old 12-06-19, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In general, I wish Ubi would give us another Splinter Cell, a campaign for Rainbow Six and a true Wildlands sequel... all are truly excellent at what they do and deserve more iterations.
Amen Brother.....and I'll add a follow up to Rainbow Six: Vegas...that one was a blast to play just like Splinter Cell. Speaking of Rainbow Six...that game has been a huge success now that has hardly got any attention. Be interesting concept if they could add a co-op campaign story on that one.
Old 12-06-19, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I have continued to play the game, even against my better judgement. The more I play the more it really is Assassins Creed with guns. The enemy level depending on area, the camps instead of the tower for fast travel, the level weapons and armor systems. I guess as I have loved the last few Assassins Creed games these aspects are actually not bothering me now as much as they are to many. I am not sure, if like the last AC game, where when the character levels the world enemies level as well. That was annoying as hell.

Anyway, the game has grown on me ever so slightly, but its still clunky as hell. The wheel for grenades, syringes etc has a fundamental flaw. In Wildlands you could bring up this menu and then manually flick between items in your inventory under each sub category, here that's not possible. So in order to change anything you have to go to the main menu.

The game world doesn't seem as varied as Wildlands and I dont think there is any desert type locale at all. Just forest, fields and snowy mountains.

Flight on this game is horrible. Wildlands had it down perfect and you could avoid incoming missiles. With this game movement is sluggish and it's no fun.

I notice that also fuel drums and gas containers either dont blow up are or rare to find. So many small details missing from this game that made Wildlands a joy to play. Choppers just appear out of the blue all too often and spot you too easily. Speaking of choppers, every time one spawns at camp sites I would say 70% of the time they spawn close to trees which means taking off destroys them. Also the whole sliding down hills is just annoying. It reminds me of RDR2 where they tried making a very realistic game, but in doing so they took out a lot of the fun.

Oh, and I have seen my fair share of glitches. So much works still to do, which I bet wont ever get addressed.

Last edited by james2025a; 12-06-19 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-13-19, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, down to $15.99 @ BB ($12.79 w/ GCU). It can't be THAT bad, can it? Curiosity might get the best of me at that price.

Last edited by mattysemo247; 12-13-19 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-13-19, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Damn, down to $15.99 @ BB ($12.79 w/ GCU). It can't be THAT bad, can it? Curiosity might get the best of me at that price.

I personally can't say because all I played was about 6 hours of the beta and then cancelled my PO....James would probably be the best since he's been involved with Breakpoint far more along with Wildlands....

Even at that price, to me other games still have a more appeal...along with less issues. I'd love to get AC: Odyssey but I just got The Witcher Wild Hunt....Warframe is about to drop the long awaited DLC/Update that has Space Battles....Path of Exile new season starts in a week. But if anything head over to the official forum and just look and soak in some chat on the state of the game...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.