Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Old 08-07-19, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Just a reminder for anyone who pro-ordered any version...the Open Beta is September 5th thru 8th...I still need to pre-order and not sure which version but I just cannot justify going from the $60 Standard to the $100.00 Gold Edition. What happened to the $79.99 Digital Deluxe ones we would see all the time.....there will be plenty to do for a long, long time in the normal game....which I'll probably end up getting...
Old 08-07-19, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Just a reminder for anyone who pro-ordered any version...the Open Beta is September 5th thru 8th...I still need to pre-order and not sure which version but I just cannot justify going from the $60 Standard to the $100.00 Gold Edition. What happened to the $79.99 Digital Deluxe ones we would see all the time.....there will be plenty to do for a long, long time in the normal game....which I'll probably end up getting...
Yeah I'm in the exact same boat. Instead now it's $60/$100/$120. Seems kinda ridiculous to me, though I am very much looking forward to the game itself, so I'll likely just go Standard.
Old 08-08-19, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Standard for me and I'll take a "wait and see" on the d/l content. I was not impressed with the last offering.
Old 08-08-19, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've got some of those Wildlands Packs I've never even touched because the main game just kept us busy and was plenty. Considering Auroa by all accounts will be about the same land mass as Wildlands....that's a lot of area to explore and see for a long, long time....

Plus I know some who got the Division 2 Gold Edition for the extras, 3-Day Advance Play and all and not one feels like it was really worth it and wish they didn't do it. I think a lot of these Season passes, Seasonal Content. all these extra DLC packs seem to be getting out-of-hand in some cases. I saw where Microsoft with Gears 5 said No Season Pass, No Gear Boxes and all Future DLC Maps will be free. Warframe (Digital Extremes) keeps churning out new content and DLC stuff and never charges anything. Techland dished out an amazing amount of Free Content for Dying Light for 2+ years.....I guess though if there's plenty willing to pay then they'll keep issuing $100 to $200 Editions...to each their own I guess...yea, Standard for me...