Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Black Friday 2018

Old 11-18-18, 03:48 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,196
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

I've picked up:
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection $9.99 at Gamestop.com
The Last of Us Remastered $14.99 at Gamestop.com
The Wolf Among Us (Used) $14.99 at Gamestop.com
Old 11-18-18, 03:50 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,641
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

So still no deals on a PS4 Pro?
Old 11-18-18, 04:49 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,196
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Anyone have elite status at Best Buy? If so, what games are available for early access?
Old 11-18-18, 04:51 PM
  #54  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 21,310
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Anyone have elite status at Best Buy? If so, what games are available for early access?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/e...-reality-deals
Old 11-18-18, 05:52 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,196
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Thank you! That looks like everything that I'm looking to buy. I know a lot of the DVDs and Blu-rays weren't available during early access, but it looks like most of the video games are.

Last edited by lwhy?; 11-18-18 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-19-18, 12:16 AM
  #56  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,196
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Some of the Best Buy games are on sale now. I just picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey for $29.99 and Mutant Football League Dynasty Edition for $19.99. Monster Hunter World and Dragon Quest XI are also on sale.
Old 11-19-18, 02:38 AM
  #57  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Isle de Muerta
Posts: 2,086
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Some of the Best Buy games are on sale now. I just picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey for $29.99 and Mutant Football League Dynasty Edition for $19.99. Monster Hunter World and Dragon Quest XI are also on sale.
I'm not seeing the sale prices on my end...

EDIT: Nevermind, had to log in to see them. Thanks for the heads up!

Purchased DQ11.

Last edited by Koby; 11-19-18 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-19-18, 02:53 AM
  #58  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,818
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

You got to sign in.
Old 11-19-18, 04:34 AM
  #59  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,337
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Grabbed Mario+Rabbids for $20, only game I planned on buying so all set on that front. Now just some movies and IPad mini 4's for my son and I for BF.
Old 11-19-18, 06:30 AM
  #60  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,341
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by EinCB View Post
Here's an excellent spread sheet detailing all games (and movies!) on sale for this black Friday. It's still being updated as we get closer.
All credit goes to StryderOmega from cheapassgamer.com.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=662098944
This deserves a bump for anyone asking questions about what's on sale.
Old 11-19-18, 08:29 AM
  #61  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,460
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Oh I want to bite on DQXI. Good price, but they teased a Switch version of this and I think I'm going to hold off for a while and see if that pans out.

But this is the one fall game that I want but haven't picked up, so we'll see if I make it through the week.
Old 11-19-18, 09:01 AM
  #62  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,843
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Not looking for any more games but might be for a good deal on a 52"-55" 4K TV. We have a Sony Projector but I want to stop using so much of it for gaming and get a TV just for it. Haven't kept up with the brands or models too much....Samsung, LG, Sony, Vizo
Old 11-19-18, 10:04 AM
  #63  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,284
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Really tempted by that $199 PS4 Spiderman bundle. Does anyone know if this comes with a physical copy of the game or just digial download?

I already have a PS4, but it's the old white non slim version with a small HD. If I can sell my current PS4 and the game, I might actually come out ahead.
Old 11-19-18, 10:46 AM
  #64  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 10,944
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Not looking for any more games but might be for a good deal on a 52"-55" 4K TV. We have a Sony Projector but I want to stop using so much of it for gaming and get a TV just for it. Haven't kept up with the brands or models too much....Samsung, LG, Sony, Vizo
You can't go wrong with any of those brands. I have a Sony, Sharp and LG. The more I read on LG, the more I would tend toward that brand right now. Next summer, someone else will emerge as the industry leader.
Old 11-19-18, 01:48 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 59,128
Received 114 Likes on 85 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

LG OLED

Period. Spend the extra scratch for the OLED and don't look back.
Old 11-19-18, 01:50 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,196
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Ok I think I'm finished with buying games for this year. I bought:

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition PS4 $19.99 (Best Buy)
South Park Stick of Truth PS4 $16.99 (Best Buy)
Final Fantasy X and X-2 Remastered PS4 $17.99 (Amazon)
Mutant Football League Dynasty Edition PS4 $19.99
Assassin's Creed Odyssey PS4 $29.99
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection $9.99 at Gamestop.com
The Last of Us Remastered $14.99 at Gamestop.com
The Wolf Among Us (Used) $14.99 at Gamestop.com

I think that will be enough games to keep me busy until Black Friday 2019. My parents are getting me the slim PS4 with Spiderman. I just won't be able to play anything until Christmas.... I would like to get Far Cry 5 (19.95), L.A. Noire (14.99), and God of War ($17). I might get them if I can get them at cheapest Black Friday prices. I think I'll wait on Dragon Quest XI until it gets to the $20 range. I think I have a good mix of games to keep me busy.
Old 11-19-18, 01:56 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 1,867
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Really tempted by that $199 PS4 Spiderman bundle. Does anyone know if this comes with a physical copy of the game or just digial download?

I already have a PS4, but it's the old white non slim version with a small HD. If I can sell my current PS4 and the game, I might actually come out ahead.
While I haven't opened mine, I have heard others say physical.

I traded in my 500gb slim to GS yesterday for $175($150 trade value + $25 bonus). I ended up paying $38.xx after tax for the Spidey bundle. I figured that was worth it for the extra 500gb & Spidey game plus a fresh warranty.
Old 11-19-18, 02:46 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,284
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
While I haven't opened mine, I have heard others say physical.

I traded in my 500gb slim to GS yesterday for $175($150 trade value + $25 bonus). I ended up paying $38.xx after tax for the Spidey bundle. I figured that was worth it for the extra 500gb & Spidey game plus a fresh warranty.
Nice, I'll probably just ebay mine. Looks like people are paying over $200 preowned for the white ones which are kinda rare. I just pulled the trigger on it. I'm tired of having to delete my library to add in new games because of the small hard drive.
Old 11-19-18, 02:48 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,460
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Nice, I'll probably just ebay mine. Looks like people are paying over $200 preowned for the white ones which are kinda rare. I just pulled the trigger on it. I'm tired of having to delete my library to add in new games because of the small hard drive.
For the white PS4?
Old 11-19-18, 03:09 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 1,867
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Nice, I'll probably just ebay mine. Looks like people are paying over $200 preowned for the white ones which are kinda rare. I just pulled the trigger on it. I'm tired of having to delete my library to add in new games because of the small hard drive.
Just opened mine to confirm, it is physical. Also comes with a 20% off PSN code.
Old 11-19-18, 06:20 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,994
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Ok I think I'm finished with buying games for this year. I bought:

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition PS4 $19.99 (Best Buy)
South Park Stick of Truth PS4 $16.99 (Best Buy)
Final Fantasy X and X-2 Remastered PS4 $17.99 (Amazon)
Mutant Football League Dynasty Edition PS4 $19.99
Assassin's Creed Odyssey PS4 $29.99
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection $9.99 at Gamestop.com
The Last of Us Remastered $14.99 at Gamestop.com
The Wolf Among Us (Used) $14.99 at Gamestop.com

I think that will be enough games to keep me busy until Black Friday 2019. My parents are getting me the slim PS4 with Spiderman. I just won't be able to play anything until Christmas.... I would like to get Far Cry 5 (19.95), L.A. Noire (14.99), and God of War ($17). I might get them if I can get them at cheapest Black Friday prices. I think I'll wait on Dragon Quest XI until it gets to the $20 range. I think I have a good mix of games to keep me busy.
Check the digital psn store it had last of us for like 5 bucks
Old 11-19-18, 07:36 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,196
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by gmanca View Post
Check the digital psn store it had last of us for like 5 bucks
I wanted to get a physical copy so I could sell it in case I didn't like it.
Old 11-19-18, 10:16 PM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 905
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

For those of us that are late to the PS game and are getting the PS4 Spider-Man bundle, please realize that the console comes with a code for 20% off PSN purchase. I used it to get God of War, Last of Us, Fractured but Whole Gold Edition, and Return to Arkham. Not bad for a bunch of games I've not played and for less than $50 total. This plus the pack-in Spider-Man, and I got the Uncharted Collection (parts 1-3), I should be good to go for several months.
Old 11-19-18, 10:48 PM
  #74  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,196
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Black Friday 2018

Originally Posted by Imprint View Post
For those of us that are late to the PS game and are getting the PS4 Spider-Man bundle, please realize that the console comes with a code for 20% off PSN purchase. I used it to get God of War, Last of Us, Fractured but Whole Gold Edition, and Return to Arkham. Not bad for a bunch of games I've not played and for less than $50 total. This plus the pack-in Spider-Man, and I got the Uncharted Collection (parts 1-3), I should be good to go for several months.
The last playstation that I owned was a PS2 and the laser died in it less than two years in. I was mad about it and sold off all my playstation games and controllers. I switched to the Xbox 360 after that. After taking about four years off from gaming, I'm excited to get back into it with the PS4 slim with Spider-man. I just hope this one lasts longer than my PS2.
Old 11-20-18, 12:23 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,341
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Black Friday 2018

Oh hey, surprise Spider-Man sale. $39.59.


<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.