Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Telltale Games shutting down

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-18, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Re: Telltale Games shutting down

I wanted to play The Wolf Among Us when I get my ps4, but I probably won't get it until Christmas. I wonder if it will get de-listed too?
Old 11-15-18, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I wanted to play The Wolf Among Us when I get my ps4, but I probably won't get it until Christmas. I wonder if it will get de-listed too?
Whether it does get de-listed or not, it looks like The Wolf Among Us is one of Telltale's physical copies that contains all episodes on the disc.

Now, whether it'll be a collector's commodity in a month's time or not, thus possibly skyrocketing the price, is something else altogether.
Old 11-15-18, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Part of me wants to jump in and buy everything I don't already own, but the rationale part of me says "well if I never bought it previously when on sale, I probably won't play it ever anyway"
Old 11-15-18, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Whether it does get de-listed or not, it looks like The Wolf Among Us is one of Telltale's physical copies that contains all episodes on the disc.

Now, whether it'll be a collector's commodity in a month's time or not, thus possibly skyrocketing the price, is something else altogether.
It looks like the ps4 physical copy is already out of print. Used copies are going for around $25 on ebay.
Old 11-15-18, 01:09 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Forgive my ignorance on ‘delisting’ and this whole issue, but: own pretty much all the games on GOG and/or Steam. Haven’t installed any of them on my current machine or set up a Telltale account afaik. As long as I don’t care about anything I don’t own, I should be fine right? No need to install them or set up any accounts? Even if removed from sale from Steam, they’ll still be in our libraries, right?
Old 11-15-18, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
It looks like the ps4 physical copy is already out of print. Used copies are going for around $25 on ebay.
Yikes, it’s already starting. I saw a copy for around $15 on Amazon when I posted this, and it looks like it and others have already been bought up.
Old 11-18-18, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ended up buying a used copy from Gamestop this morning for $14.99. I needed another game to hit $35 for free shipping after adding The Uncharted Collection and The Last of Us Remastered to my cart.
Old 11-18-18, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
A lot of the retail releases are "Season Pass Discs" though, with only the first episode on disc and you have to download the rest. I don't know if the season pass will redeem from the disc after the content is de-listed.
I didn’t realize this was the case. I have a few of the retail releases. Better check them to make sure that they’re either all on the disc/game card or download them.
Old 11-18-18, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm eyeing that second season of Batman for $15 on PSN. Anyone play it and can recommend it?

I figure it's not going to hit PS+ like the first game and probably won't go on sale either.
Old 11-18-18, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

It actually might be delisted by Tuesday. I just bought it for that reason, and I'm a sucker for these kinds of games.
Old 11-19-18, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Update!

https://www.skybound.com/the-walking...-walking-dead/

After Telltale had to stop development on The Walking Dead, the game was, unfortunately, unable to be worked on and hence the release dates of Episodes 3 and 4 have been delayed. But, we’re excited to let you know that many of the talented, passionate team members who originally worked on the game are resuming development efforts today!

Soon, we will be announcing release dates for the two remaining episodes. It’s likely that previous seasons of the game may be unavailable to purchase for a few days as we transition—but don’t panic!—we’ll have everything back online ASAP. If you already purchased Season Four, you will NOT have to pay again; future episodes will be available to download as soon as they are released via your original point of purchase.
And it looks like previous seasons of Walking Dead will be back for sale again.
Old 11-20-18, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So Walking Dead will be back up again but nothing more on Jurassic Park or Back to the Future? I'm guessing those are gone for good? (Or at least until the bankruptcy shakes out)
Old 01-15-19, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,208 Likes on 4,235 Posts

‘The Walking Dead: The Final Season’ Gets a Confirmed Release Date For its Last Episode

Published

11 hours ago on

January 15, 2019

​​​​​​​
After all the drama, all the fears that we’d not see Telltale’s last season of The Walking Deadget a proper conclusion, we now know when Clementine’s swansong adventure is set to end.

inRead invented by TeadsThe in-game menu for the third episode of The Walking Dead: The Final Season (which has been taken over by Skybound) reveals that episode four, titled ‘Take Us Back’, is set to release on March 26, 2019.

Image Source: Dualshockers

It’s somewhat of a relief to see the end in sight. It would have been a major disappointment to not get closure to Clementine’s four-season story. Let’s just hope that after everything that’s happened we get a fitting finale.

The third episode, titled ‘Broken Toys’, is out today on PS4, PC, and Xbox One.
Old 01-16-19, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-28-19, 12:37 AM

Apparently the Telltale games are being delisted tonight for PC. They are still up for Xbox at the moment.

If anyone wanted to get one, now would be the time.

The Walking Dead games have been transferred to Skybound, so they will stick around. Apparnetly Tales From Borderlands will have rights revert to Gearbox, so while it will delist, it should come back. Microsoft should own the Minecraft ones.
The rights to the rest like Game of Thrones, The Wolf Among Us, Guardians of the Galaxy and the two Batman games might be in limbo, so those might be worth grabbing now if you are interested.
Old 06-19-19, 10:08 AM

Looks like Telltale Games has come up with a new plan to quickly generate revenue :

Old 06-19-19, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

No. I think someone posted an article about it. It's set at that price to allow people who purchased the game to still be able to download it, but dissuade people from actually purchasing it. They had to set a price or something, due to the wonky Xbox360 marketplace.

edit: here's the article: https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/17/1...round-telltale
Old 06-19-19, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

What an odd solution. Presumably they're not allowed to sell them at any price (otherwise why not let people buy it at normal price) so what happens if someone does buy it for a hundred bucks?
Old 06-19-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
What an odd solution. Presumably they're not allowed to sell them at any price (otherwise why not let people buy it at normal price) so what happens if someone does buy it for a hundred bucks?
According to the article, you will get access to the content, but you will only be able to download it until the 25th, when it will disappear forever. So if you waited until now and are wiling to buy all episodes of both seasons for the low low price of $1299.87, you could do technically do that, but make sure you download it quick.
Old 06-19-19, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
According to the article, you will get access to the content, but you will only be able to download it until the 25th, when it will disappear forever. So if you waited until now and are wiling to buy all episodes of both seasons for the low low price of $1299.87, you could do technically do that, but make sure you download it quick.
I doubt that's the case, though. If they were still authorized to sell it, they would just sell it until that date. I'd presume if someone did buy it they'd just be refunded. Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 06-19-19, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

A couple years back Mystery Science Theater 3000 found two episodes that hadn’t been seen since the show was on a UHF channel in Minneapolis. To release it through VHX, they had to set a price and made the mistake of setting it at $1000 each, thinking people wouldn’t pay that much.

At least a few people did, so the price got raised to $999,999 for each, with a note begging fans not to try to spend a million dollars on a TV show.