Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-18, 01:45 PM   #1
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,511
Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

GOTY incoming! But first, let's talk about the ultimate edition for $100 ($80 @ Best Buy w/ GCU)

Quote:
The Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition bundle includes:* Forza Horizon 4 game disc, early access, allowing you to play four days early beginning September 28th, Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass, VIP Membership, Day One Car Pack, and two game expansions when they become available.

SEASONS CHANGE EVERYTHING. For the first time in the racing and driving genre, experience dynamic seasons in a shared open-world. Explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain. (Some cars provided by online update.

Britain Like You’ve Never Seen it. Discover lakes, valleys, castles, and breathtaking scenery all in spectacular native 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Windows 10.

Master Driving in All Seasons. Explore a changing world through dry, wet, muddy, snowy, and icy conditions.

New Content Every Week. Every week, a new season change brings new themed content, gameplay, challenges, and rewards.

Go it Alone or Team Up. Play solo or cooperatively. Join Team multiplayer for casual fun or Ranked Teams to take on the best in the world. Xbox Live Gold (sold separately) required for online multiplayer on Xbox consoles.


__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 04:20 PM   #2
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,454
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

I know I will get the base game for "free" with Game Pass and yet am still thinking about buying that Ultimate Edition for the Car Pass, Expansion Pass, VIP and Steelbook. I must be nuts, but I do love me some Forza Horizons.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 04:48 PM   #3
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 20,489
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Yeah, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the physical Ultimate Edition too. My wife's head pretty much exploded during the reveal, so this is Day One for us.
__________________
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 07:24 PM   #4
E Unit
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hell, but currently heading North
Posts: 11,690
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Where did you order that from Adam?
__________________
"Whoa, did Walter Goggins fuck your mother?" - Osiris3657 Perhaps he did.
”Please please please can we have a ban on e unit typing Josh GAG? We get it, you hate Josh Gag.” - fujishig
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 07:27 PM   #5
E Unit
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hell, but currently heading North
Posts: 11,690
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Sorry, should have read the FIRST thread....
__________________
"Whoa, did Walter Goggins fuck your mother?" - Osiris3657 Perhaps he did.
”Please please please can we have a ban on e unit typing Josh GAG? We get it, you hate Josh Gag.” - fujishig
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 09:31 PM   #6
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,511
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Ultimate Edition is $79.99 with Prime discount

"Amazon exclusive: Add the 2016 Porsche 911 GT3RS to your personal garage when you pre-order Forza Horizon 4!"
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 09:44 AM   #7
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ―\_(ツ)_/―
Posts: 17,794
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

I wish there was a way (and maybe there is...) to buy the Ultimate edition as an "upgrade" when you already have the base game via Game Pass. I expect you can buy most of the Ultimate extras separately, but that wouldn't necessarily give you all of the Ultimate perks, would it? I'm basically saying I want the UE for half price.
__________________
"...you've taken a side in an ideological battle, while pretending all the way
that you're simply defending the supposedly neutral value of free speech.
Don't think we don't notice which instances of speech you choose to defend." - Contrapoints
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 01:34 PM   #8
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,511
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

They will probably sell some stuff separately (car pass, expansion pass, etc). But not a full upgrade to the UE. They gotta make their money somewhere with these game pass games
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 02:03 PM   #9
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,454
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

I wonder if the Car Pass + VIP + Expansion Pass + 10 car Deluxe pack will be less than $80 total. Gonna be a tough call for me.
I think there's a 10% discount on DLC for Game Pass games, but I could be wrong.

BTW : Car pass is a little different this time. Same number of cars, but doled out 2 cars/week for 21 straight weeks.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 02:08 PM   #10
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 20,489
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
BTW : Car pass is a little different this time. Same number of cars, but doled out 2 cars/week for 21 straight weeks.
Oh, I hadn't heard that. I like that idea. Always something new to look forward to.
__________________
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 04:22 PM   #11
RichC2
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 37,728
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Digital copy get you both the XB1 and PC versions again?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 04:26 PM   #12
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,511
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I wonder if the Car Pass + VIP + Expansion Pass + 10 car Deluxe pack will be less than $80 total. Gonna be a tough call for me.
I think there's a 10% discount on DLC for Game Pass games, but I could be wrong.
Even if it came to $60 to $70, wouldn't it still be worth it to pay $80 and actually own the game? I guess that's how I'm looking at it. Sure, I could probably rent this thing from the library as much as I want, but for $80 I know I'm going to get my moneys worth.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 04:29 PM   #13
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ―\_(ツ)_/―
Posts: 17,794
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Digital copy get you both the XB1 and PC versions again?
Pretty sure, yes. edit: definitely yes. It's XBox Play Anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Even if it came to $60 to $70, wouldn't it still be worth it to pay $80 and actually own the game? I guess that's how I'm looking at it. Sure, I could probably rent this thing from the library as much as I want, but for $80 I know I'm going to get my moneys worth.
Yeah... I'm leaning towards just buying the UE digitally. Is there anything about the physical that makes it stand out (other than the optional? steelbook)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I think there's a 10% discount on DLC for Game Pass games, but I could be wrong.
Yes. 10% off on all DLC. If you buy the game and have Game Pass, the game is 20% off. What I'm not sure of is if that 20% applies to just the standard or also the DE and UE. Hopefully it applies to all three, as that would be the exact same price as anyone buying it from BB or Amazon with their respective discounts.
__________________
"...you've taken a side in an ideological battle, while pretending all the way
that you're simply defending the supposedly neutral value of free speech.
Don't think we don't notice which instances of speech you choose to defend." - Contrapoints

Last edited by Dan; 06-21-18 at 04:39 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 04:47 PM   #14
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,454
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Pretty sure, yes. edit: definitely yes. It's XBox Play Anywhere.


Yeah... I'm leaning towards just buying the UE digitally. Is there anything about the physical that makes it stand out (other than the optional? steelbook)?


Yes. 10% off on all DLC. If you buy the game and have Game Pass, the game is 20% off. What I'm not sure of is if that 20% applies to just the standard or also the DE and UE. Hopefully it applies to all three, as that would be the exact same price as anyone buying it from BB or Amazon with their respective discounts.
It's only 20% off discount after 60 or 90 days on Game Pass. Not that it really matters (as you can still play the game from Release Date), but if you wanted to buy it digitally with the discount, you'd have to wait that long. Considering the VIP XP bonuses you get with game progression, that might be a factor.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 04:56 PM   #15
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ―\_(ツ)_/―
Posts: 17,794
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Dammit! That sucks.
I might just get the UE at BB then.
__________________
"...you've taken a side in an ideological battle, while pretending all the way
that you're simply defending the supposedly neutral value of free speech.
Don't think we don't notice which instances of speech you choose to defend." - Contrapoints
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 05:07 PM   #16
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,454
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Yeah. Sea of Thieves is now $53.99 (10% off) and State of Decay is still full price.

I don't know if the 10% off DLC has the same time requirements (neither of those two games have DLC for sale).

In either case, I will be buying FH4 Ultimate -- assuming it comes in a Steelbook.
Spoiler:

The picture above shows rounded corners in the case that (to me) always means a Steelbook case, but no official word in the product description.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 09:44 PM   #17
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,511
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

FH3 and F7 both came in steelbooks, so I imagine this one is no different.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-18, 10:27 PM   #18
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,511
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Some of the car list leaked. Looks like over 450 cars for the Ultimate Edition!

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comme...list_analysis/
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-18, 12:40 AM   #19
Spiderbite
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,021
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Okay. This is a first for me but the free game from Xbox Gold (Forza H 2) has convinced me to pick up this game. I am having a blast with 2 but would like to join in right off the bat on the new game.

Is the Ultimate Edition worth it for a newb? I am not sure how deep into it I may go but I wondered if the extra for the UE are worth it over the regular or deluxe editions. I am an ultra casual gamer nowadays but would like to get back to playing a game or two other than occasionally Pinball or Pac-Man.

Any advantage choosing the physical over the digital other than possible resell later? Also, is this a game that drops in price just a few weeks or even a couple of months after it is released. I hate paying full price for a game and then it immediately goes on sale.

I no longer have Amazon Prime so I may just pre-order this from Best Buy. BB says you get "Included Free - Forza Horizon 4 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - Pre-Order Bonus."

Any new thoughts on this or new info that you Forza fanatics have read since the last post 2 months ago?

The game looks so pretty, it makes me want to run out an get an HDR TV (been itching to buy a large one for awhile now) and HDR Xbox (I have the old Elite Xbox with the Elite controller before they did HDR).
__________________
Xbox Live: FatalSpiderbite
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 11:33 AM   #20
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 54,889
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Official car list - https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_7_18
__________________
4x Sheep Champion
VG Round 1b | VG Round 7 | NFL | SHEEPERHERO II

And of course you can GFY. -chess
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 12:09 PM   #21
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ―\_(ツ)_/―
Posts: 17,794
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Okay. This is a first for me but the free game from Xbox Gold (Forza H 2) has convinced me to pick up this game. I am having a blast with 2 but would like to join in right off the bat on the new game.

Is the Ultimate Edition worth it for a newb? I am not sure how deep into it I may go but I wondered if the extra for the UE are worth it over the regular or deluxe editions. I am an ultra casual gamer nowadays but would like to get back to playing a game or two other than occasionally Pinball or Pac-Man.

Any advantage choosing the physical over the digital other than possible resell later? Also, is this a game that drops in price just a few weeks or even a couple of months after it is released. I hate paying full price for a game and then it immediately goes on sale.

I no longer have Amazon Prime so I may just pre-order this from Best Buy. BB says you get "Included Free - Forza Horizon 4 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - Pre-Order Bonus."

Any new thoughts on this or new info that you Forza fanatics have read since the last post 2 months ago?

The game looks so pretty, it makes me want to run out an get an HDR TV (been itching to buy a large one for awhile now) and HDR Xbox (I have the old Elite Xbox with the Elite controller before they did HDR).
I played a TON of FH2 and did as much as I could in the game before burning myself out. I ended up not playing nearly as much FH3 mostly due to all the life changes I went through and not having the inclination to deep dive into another racing game.

My personal input is this: If FH2 has given you the itch, and you fully intend to give FH4 a ton of time, the UE is a no-brainer for the included extras, bonus points for each race, etc.
Physical vs digital... well, you can get the physical $20 cheaper ($80 instead of $100) if you have Best Buy GCU. I couldn't justify paying $20 more for digital (it's dumb that there's no digital deals on this... unless I've missed them) so I pre-ordered the physical copy, despite my persona preference for digital.
Physical gives you a nice steelbook (UE version only), too I think. As for resale value... I'm not sure. If the price does go down within a couple months, resale values will drop too. If you're really into the game, there will be stuff added pretty regularly to make you keep coming back that by the time you DO want to sell it, it might be on Games With Gold title.
The other option is to just sign up for XBox Game Pass, which should include the base FH4 game, but no extras/bonuses. That way you don't have to commit to spending too much if you're not sure you'll play the game for too long.


As I said... I basically skipped FH3, despite putting nearly 100 hours into FH2 (if not more...) so I'm planning to give FH4 a real go again. We'll see how that turns out.
__________________
"...you've taken a side in an ideological battle, while pretending all the way
that you're simply defending the supposedly neutral value of free speech.
Don't think we don't notice which instances of speech you choose to defend." - Contrapoints
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 01:07 PM   #22
Spiderbite
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,021
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Spoiler:
I played a TON of FH2 and did as much as I could in the game before burning myself out. I ended up not playing nearly as much FH3 mostly due to all the life changes I went through and not having the inclination to deep dive into another racing game.

My personal input is this: If FH2 has given you the itch, and you fully intend to give FH4 a ton of time, the UE is a no-brainer for the included extras, bonus points for each race, etc.
Physical vs digital... well, you can get the physical $20 cheaper ($80 instead of $100) if you have Best Buy GCU. I couldn't justify paying $20 more for digital (it's dumb that there's no digital deals on this... unless I've missed them) so I pre-ordered the physical copy, despite my persona preference for digital.
Physical gives you a nice steelbook (UE version only), too I think. As for resale value... I'm not sure. If the price does go down within a couple months, resale values will drop too. If you're really into the game, there will be stuff added pretty regularly to make you keep coming back that by the time you DO want to sell it, it might be on Games With Gold title.
The other option is to just sign up for XBox Game Pass, which should include the base FH4 game, but no extras/bonuses. That way you don't have to commit to spending too much if you're not sure you'll play the game for too long.



As I said... I basically skipped FH3, despite putting nearly 100 hours into FH2 (if not more...) so I'm planning to give FH4 a real go again. We'll see how that turns out.
Cool. Thanks for the response Dan! Add me as a friend as I plan on getting it.

I actually need a new Xbox so I am thinking of getting the Forza H 4 Xbox One X bundle. But it looks like the it doesn't include the UE in that bundle which is crazy to me.
__________________
Xbox Live: FatalSpiderbite
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 02:24 PM   #23
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,454
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Remember that Game Pass will have the digital copy of Forza Horizon 4 Regular Edition available for FREE with subscription on launch day. That might be a good way to go if you are interested.

That said, I'm buying an Ultimate Edition even though I've got Game Pass for a couple of years now. I just want the extras and the Steelbook. Plus I will eventually end Game Pass when I run out of bargain months.

I bet you will be able to get in on another $5/mo deal come Black Friday.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 08:47 PM   #24
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,524
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Fucking sweet! skip to 1H 46M

__________________
XBOX GT: MetallicaFamily

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 12:05 PM   #25
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,511
Re: Forza Horizon 4 - 10/2/18 - XB1 & PC

Demo out today!
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0