DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - (2019 From Software) PS4, Xbox One (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/644308-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-2019-software-ps4-xbox-one.html)

lopper 04-04-19 10:43 AM

Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - (2019 From Software) PS4, Xbox One

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13527732)
I really want to try this game out, but I'm not sure I'm ready to buy it outright. I should check if I can grab it from Redbox or something.

edit: well fuck, it's not available from Redbox (at least not anywhere near me).

I just checked and none are available by me either. This will be the first game in maybe two decades that I rent rather than just go ahead and buy. I've jumped the gun on at least two games this year, Metro and DMCV, that just didn't click with me, and I've basically wasted ~$100.

Dan 04-04-19 10:57 AM

My library does not rent out games. I might consider doing a GameFly 30-day trial just to get this, I guess. I really dug Nioh (until I got to a part that I just couldn't beat), and really enjoyed Bloodborne (never finished either, though :lol:), so Sekiro is up my alley... but like you lopper, I don't want to jump the gun on buying it just yet.

mattysemo247 04-04-19 12:57 PM

Target is also running a B1G1 50% off starting Sunday. You and looper could go in on copies ;)

RichC2 04-06-19 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13526030)
Lady Butterfly is a pain in the ass. Tried for about a half hour last night. First form is fairly easy, 2nd form not so much even when you use those items to dispell the ghosts she summons.

I finally got some time to play the game and have Headless or Lady Butterfly as my boss choices. I'm getting my ass handed to me

Noonan 04-08-19 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13529066)
I finally got some time to play the game and have Headless or Lady Butterfly as my boss choices. I'm getting my ass handed to me

Further along than me. I'm on Butterfly/Bull with flaming horns. I'm sure I could get past the bull but I dedicated myself to finishing Butterfly first. Still haven't killed her, however I haven't put much time in this past week. Maybe I should go back to the Bull to make some more progress.

RichC2 04-08-19 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13529579)
Further along than me. I'm on Butterfly/Bull with flaming horns. I'm sure I could get past the bull but I dedicated myself to finishing Butterfly first. Still haven't killed her, however I haven't put much time in this past week. Maybe I should go back to the Bull to make some more progress.

Naw you're in Ashina Castle, I'm still on the outskirts, I just realized Headless is optional and I should probably just skip him for now.

Noonan 04-08-19 08:31 AM

Interesting. I guess I missed the headless? You're before the guy on the horse you gotta take out?

Technically, I'm in the castle. The room you fight the bull in is literally when your zone moves to the castle from the outskirts.

RichC2 04-08-19 08:45 AM

Sounds right, I haven't run into a guy on a horse or flaming bull. I don't know if this is a spoiler for you but Headless was sort of in a weird area that required a leap of faith
Spoiler:
+ ledge grab and walking into a small area inside a cave, maybe one mini-boss battle after the chained ogre.

Guess I'm still technically at the beginning of the game, getting my ass handed to me by various bosses :lol:

Noonan 04-08-19 08:48 AM

Strange. Guess there's more for me to explore. The bull is right after the guy on the horse. He wasn't too hard to deal with, compared to others.

Have you killed the ogre that's tied up when you get to him?

RichC2 04-08-19 08:52 AM

Yeah, I defeated him and then went back and beat the drunken guy in the memory.

Noonan 04-08-19 08:55 AM

That guy was such a pain for me to kill. So many attempts before I got him down. I don't know if it'll effect anything later on but the one run where I killed him, that guy who helps you actually lived through it all.

You're not far from the horse guy after the ogre. Now I have a reason to put Butterfly on hold again. Gotta go find that headless you're talking about.

RichC2 04-08-19 09:01 AM

Cool, yeah it's good to know I can go elsewhere too! I think you need a few special items to take Headless down, best of luck! Regular sword strikes do nothing against him :lol:

The helper almost survived the drunken guy, but died maybe 15 seconds before I finished the battle. Was kind of bummed out.

Noonan 04-08-19 09:21 AM

I'll assume I don't have those special items yet. I'm sure I missed a bunch while going through the Outskirts.

One thing I'll suggest if you haven't. Right where the ogre is, there's a vendor you can get to who sells you the firecracker arm attachment upgrade. Get that before fighting the horse guy.

RichC2 04-08-19 12:58 PM

Oh, dammit. I was looking for something like that back in the Hirata Estate, I paid that guy like 150 sen for a tip that said they saw something at the castle during the raid. Thanks for the heads up!

Noonan 04-08-19 01:00 PM

It seems to be fairly useful against Butterfly as well but clearly not useful enough to get me the kill (yet) lol

Here's where the vendor is:

RichC2 04-09-19 12:47 PM

Are the upgraded Firecracker/Axe/Shuriken worth their respective upgrades? I got the fourth Gourd and some other things to hopefully make Lady Butterfly a little easier :lol: thanks for the tip! Life saver on that horse battle.

Noonan 04-09-19 12:50 PM

I don't think I knew you could upgrade them? Or is that just when you use the 4/4 items to upgrade at a Save point? If so, I did do that once since I had 4 collected.

RichC2 04-09-19 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13530405)
I don't think I knew you could upgrade them? Or is that just when you use the 4/4 items to upgrade at a Save point? If so, I did do that once since I had 4 collected.

You get a new script/scrolls for killing "the rats" that has upgrades for your special weapons. This is right after defeating the Horse guy.

Noonan 04-09-19 01:38 PM

The rats?

RichC2 04-09-19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13530433)
The rats?

I talked to a guy after beating the horseback boss, he said if I kill a few "rats" and come back he'd help me out. I killed three in an area near the Gates and he gave me the scroll for upgrades. He was next to the vendor that had a Gourd for sale for 1000 sen.

the rats are basically short dudes in big rice patty-style hats made of wood (they use them as shields)

Noonan 04-09-19 01:41 PM

Oh, I've seen and killed those guys but I don't think I found the NPC to talk to. Between the horse guy and the bull (which is also where those "rats" are)?

RichC2 04-09-19 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13530437)
Oh, I've seen and killed those guys but I don't think I found the NPC to talk to. Between the horse guy and the bull (which is also where those "rats" are)?

That's them, the NPC is at the top of the old castle part -- the area that leads to the horse guy -- but in an area only accessible after you beat the horse guy. If that makes any sense.

In that big field area where the horse battle happened, but on the opposite side of where the Ashina Castle entrance is.

Noonan 04-09-19 01:45 PM

Cool; I'll have to find him. Those rat guys surprised me by how tough they were the first time I went to kill them.

Noonan 04-10-19 06:55 AM

Success!

I had a couple hours to dedicate last night and I was able to take out both Butterfly and the bull. Also found the guy with the rat side mission you were talking about. I can finally make some forward progress again.

RichC2 04-10-19 08:41 AM

Sweet! I finished the Bull off last night (and was immediately merc'd by a flying screaming dude on a roof top. :lol: ) I need to try to take on Butterfly again.