DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - (2019 From Software) PS4, Xbox One (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/644308-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-2019-software-ps4-xbox-one.html)

LorenzoL 04-16-19 05:21 PM

Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - (2019 From Software) PS4, Xbox One

Originally Posted by lopper (Post 13534595)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=tbRYxFTYlnQ

I don't know how to embed YouTube, but this is what I did.

PS -- if anyone can explain how to embed video, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

You can only embed YouTube on a desktop. If you are on mobile, it comes as a link.

lopper 04-16-19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 13534662)
You can only embed YouTube on a desktop. If you are on mobile, it comes as a link.

I was on desktop, just don't know which button, if any, to click .

RichC2 04-21-19 09:37 PM

I can't beat the spear guy, but I did finish off the Lone Shadow Longswordsman fellow blocking the other entrance to the Abandoned Dungeon. The Shichimen Warrior that followed sorta annihilated me.

RichC2 04-22-19 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13534303)
Am I able to get the umbrella at where we are in the game? I saw a video of someone destroying the old guy in blue who's in the castle and he used it.

If you didn't find it yet, yeah, you have to buy Iron Fortress from one of the vendors in Ashina Graveyard

nickdawgy 04-23-19 03:19 AM

I just picked this up and while I like the way it looks and it seems fun, I keep dying to this general guy that I can’t seem to kill. He’s right after the temple. I probably just suck at the game. I absolutely hated the difficulty of Dark Souls (still the only game to cause me to throw a controller) and never got more than an hour into that. Should I just give up on this? I didn’t know it was going to be so hard. I really don’t have time to play a game where if I don’t dodge perfectly, I’m dead.

RichC2 04-23-19 05:20 AM

The Parry/timing aspect subsides pretty fast, at least it has for me, the emphasis early on is more like a tutorial. You can usually skip many bosses, or in some cases you can grappling hook above them, sneak up and take one of their two red dots away from them in one strike.

Basically, it gets easier once you figure out the rhythm of the game but it is not an easy title. If you find yourself getting frustrated early on, id check YouTube for a couple play tips on said boss.

nickdawgy 04-23-19 10:51 AM

So you’re saying it’d be beneficial to keep at it? The story and/or mechanics are that good?

Noonan 04-23-19 11:17 AM

The story isn't anything special but the experience is fantastic. I know which guy you're talking about; if you use your hook, you can get up to the building behind him and jump down for a stealth attack. That takes one of his life bars.

That all being said, if you gave up on Dark Souls, don't expect this to be any easier. Every mid/main boss you'll run across will be as frustrating as that guy.

RichC2 04-23-19 12:58 PM

Yeah, I'd say keep at it. It's just a cool world to explore.

I did chuckle when I found a Demon Bell that makes enemies more difficult though (There's a benefit to it, but no.. just... no)

dom56 04-24-19 08:34 AM

I don't have the game but one of my friend message me on the PS4 that game is so hard. He only beaten two boss and 4 mini, I message him saying I could help him if the game had the white soapstone. :lol:

Noonan 04-25-19 07:28 PM

This is accurate :lol:

OldBoy 04-26-19 11:34 AM

wow! had no idea it was that hard of a game. now, i'm scared. never played anything like Dark Souls...

Noonan 04-26-19 11:49 AM

Sounds like you're in for a treat! Either that or hair-pulling frustration. Maybe both!

RichC2 04-26-19 12:52 PM

My introduction to Souls games was Bloodborne. They get addictive after a while.

nickdawgy 04-26-19 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13540059)
This is accurate :lol:

https://youtu.be/xpWkzw4H1O8

Yep. That was me. Lol.

lopper 04-26-19 07:33 PM

This game is kicking my butt. I've got like 3 or 4 different ways to go now, and each one ends in a boss or mini boss that is dominating me. I can get close to beating a couple -- Lady Butterfly and Ashina Elite -- but I'm not quite there yet.

OldBoy 04-26-19 10:17 PM

Yeah, I don’t stand a chance ;)

Noonan 04-30-19 07:57 AM

Picked this back up last night. I had swapped back to AC Odyssey to finish up DLC.

Fighting the boss of the Castle; of fucking course he has a 2nd form after killing him. lol

mattysemo247 05-05-19 10:42 AM

I rented this from the library yesterday and played for about an hour. I can see why people like it but it's definitely not a game for me. I died A LOT and am not a fan of losing a good chunk of progress and items.

RichC2 05-05-19 11:27 AM

I'm impressed you got anywhere inside an hour, I think I only got just past the first mini boss in that time :lol:

Yeah the game is definitely a bitch, surprisingly you don't really lose that much though.

mattysemo247 05-05-19 12:46 PM

Was the first mini boss the guy dragging the giant hammer? I killed him after I resuscitated myself, but then got killed again shortly after that. And I didn't want to go back and kill everyone again. If they stay dead, that's would probably be enough to keep me playing, but having to clear out the same enemies again isn't really fun to me.

RichC2 05-05-19 02:12 PM

For some reason I'm drawing a blank on a giant hammer. If he had a red dot by his name, he was a boss/mini-boss.

Bosses and mini-bosses don't respawn, but regular enemies do after you die (or rest/travel). You can by-pass all regular enemies (run by them, stealth by them, grapple by them) they're there for you to get experience points and items but that's about it -- you can also skip most mini-bosses (though I don't recommend it unless you're stuck on them). Also, with some of the bosses you can do sneak attacks/"get the drop on them" to get that first red dot eliminated instantly.

The thankfully game shifts gears a few times as it goes along.

mattysemo247 05-05-19 04:49 PM

Ah, then yes, I believe that was actually the second mini boss then. The first one was the guy guarding the door. I didn't realize the difference between the boss / mini bosses.