Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ninja's Theory "Hellblade" for PS4 & PC..Aug 8th

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-18, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 564 Likes on 414 Posts
Re: Ninja's Theory "Hellblade" for PS4 & PC..Aug 8th

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i really don't know anything about it. i thought it was an old XBOX 360 game or something, which why it was free on GP. my bad. sorry.
The title of the thread you're posting in should give you a hint of when it came out. This thread is also only 22 posts long and will take you at most 5 minutes to answer your questions.
Old 12-22-18, 11:16 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 942 Likes on 789 Posts

How bout I just play and let you know? I know you’ll be waiting with baited breath...
Old 12-22-18, 11:21 AM

I’ll tell you one thing...that opening is eerie as hell and the credits scroll is cinematic...
Old 12-22-18, 08:39 PM

So I just saw IGN’s video review and he said if you died a certain number of times it deletes saved game and you have to start from beginning. That’s just not right. I die all the time. How many times we talking before game deleted, which I never even heard of?

Last edited by OldBoy; 12-24-18 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-22-18, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice choice of words, dick.
Old 12-22-18, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 190 Posts

So I just saw IGN’s video review and he said if you died a certain number of times it deletes saved game and you have to start from beginning. That’s lunacy. I die all the time. How many times we talking before game deleted, which I never even heard of?
Not true, they were wrong.
Old 12-23-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Not true, they were wrong.
They weren't wrong they just didn't want to spoil something that is told to you in game. It's just like how reviewers don't give away major story moments in a review.
Old 12-23-18, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Music
Nice choice of words, dick.
who you talking to?
Old 12-23-18, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

who you talking to?
To you, for spoiling the game without even realizing it.
Old 12-23-18, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
To you, for spoiling the game without even realizing it.
To be fair don't read a thread about a game that came out over a year ago if you don't want to be spoiled.
Old 12-23-18, 10:35 AM

deleting a saved game automatically is a spoiler? in what universe? i would want to know something like that to be extra cautious...
Old 12-23-18, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,322 Likes on 4,320 Posts

There is some sort of a warning at the very beginning of the game. OB doesn't deserve to be called names for just asking about it.
Old 12-23-18, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wasn't about that, it was his choice of words calling it lunacy, when this is a game about mental health.
Old 12-23-18, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Music
Wasn't about that, it was his choice of words calling it lunacy, when this is a game about mental health.
you know what, i really don't care. i mentioned something i saw in a posted video for a review on a well respected site where there were no spoiler warnings at beginning. you are out of line in more ways than one in many instances. your post was reported and that's that.
Old 12-23-18, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

you know what, i really don't care. i mentioned something i saw in a posted video for a review on a well respected site where there were no spoiler warnings at beginning. you are out of line in more ways than one in many instances. your post was reported and that's that.
Holy shit.. you took the time to do something on your own?
Old 12-23-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts

Wow, cheery group up in here.

The number of times you die affects the story/game...kinda. It is addressed at the very beginning of the game. I've heard/read if you die too many times you'll have to start over but I'm unsure if that's true or not. If the game feels difficult and you're dying a bunch, drop the difficulty down a notch as it's totally worth playing.
Old 12-23-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

And unrelated to oldboy's questions... You absolutely have to play this game with a decent pair of headphones.
Old 12-23-18, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
And unrelated to oldboy's questions... You absolutely have to play this game with a decent pair of headphones.
i keep hearing that. does it really make a difference? i have to admit, i only have the standard headphones (somewhere) that originally came with One, but i hate to use it and maybe haven't even once on One, but maybe once on 360 many moons ago. i still thought it was creepy with all the voices coming from seemingly everywhere and sound was decent, but i also keep subtitles on on my games so i don't miss anything in dialogue...
Old 12-23-18, 12:39 PM

hell, even full title of game is a spoiler, i do believe. i'm actually sorry about that and prospect...
Old 12-23-18, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,322 Likes on 4,320 Posts

i keep hearing that. does it really make a difference? i have to admit, i only have the standard headphones (somewhere) that originally came with One, but i hate to use it and maybe haven't even once on One, but maybe once on 360 many moons ago. i still thought it was creepy with all the voices coming from seemingly everywhere and sound was decent, but i also keep subtitles on on my games so i don't miss anything in dialogue...
You own a pair of audio headphones right? Plug them into the 3mm plug in the bottom of your controller.
Old 12-23-18, 07:44 PM

So, some initial thoughts...for a one year old title the controls seem dated. A little clunky. Dislike that type of over the counter camera. And thus far, think I’m on Chapter 4, hardly any enemies. Usually in group of 3. One after the other and a few times when 2 enemies at once. But, still sparse. And such sluggish movement. Holding lb to run is a little tiresome on finger and still rather slow. Does the enemy thing pick up? How many chapters in game?

And I have died a few times. How will I know I hit limit? Hope I know. Would hate to lose all progress without knowing and still sucks that it can happen.

Also, finding those symbols in the environment is sometimes tough. I like that they highlight the symbol when near, but still tough to find or line up. Had to use a damn cheat sheet online to find one.

Still, it is a gorgeous game and well written. Just seems so so tragic of events to come.
Old 12-23-18, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 345 Likes on 232 Posts

you know what, i really don't care.
You shouldn't have been called a dick, but you should care about being more respectful to those with mental illness. This game has meant a lot to them:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-n7RTnRZ_QQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-23-18, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by kefrank
You shouldn't have been called a dick, but you should care about being more respectful to those with mental illness. This game has meant a lot to them:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-n7RTnRZ_QQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I didn’t mean I don’t care about mental illness. I care very much. That video you linked is actually quite powerful and well made and makes me want to keep going for that reason alone. I work with kids with afflictions. I meant I didn’t care about him or his comments any longer...
Old 12-23-18, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Enemy count picks up but not ever overwhelming like a God of War. The game is more about the story and experience and less about the action. And yeah, the character movement was kinda crappy.

And yes, dig out some standard headphones. It's a different experience. Instead of hearing the voices out of Senua's head on the tv, you're hearing the voices in your head. It's akin to what real people go through as evidenced by the accolades trailer.
Old 12-23-18, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 345 Likes on 232 Posts

I didn’t mean I don’t care about mental illness. I care very much. That video you linked is actually quite powerful and well made and makes me want to keep going for that reason alone. I work with kids with afflictions. I meant I didn’t care about him or his comments any longer...
Then hopefully you can understand why using "lunacy" in the context that you did was a poor choice of words. The way Music chose to address it was wrong and counterproductive, but the spirit behind his comment was at least partially warranted.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.