Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-20, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I started playing this a couple weeks ago and I just made it to the chariot races part. I absolutely suck at the chariot races. I can't come in better than fifth. Are there any tricks to it? I'm keeping R2 held down and pushing X to boost, but my chariot is really, really slow.

I had a hard time there to....but look at them the same way with Car Racing....take the inside when ever you can....just got to get a handle on accelerating out of the turn and time the slow down when coming to the turn...practice....if you try mid and outside starting out...you're going to lose....the other Chariots early on handle better and are faster.

.....oh congrads on getting Origins......I still think it's one of the best looking, best all-around games out there. Ubisoft captured Egypt in it's glory like Sucker Punch did with ghost of Tsushima Japan.....
Old 11-22-20, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

My only issue with these massive games is that there's so many sidequests I forget what the main one is.

Can anybody, without spoiling what comes after, tell me why I am going after
The Crocodile
The Hyena
and
The Vulture

?
Old 11-23-20, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
My only issue with these massive games is that there's so many sidequests I forget what the main one is.

Can anybody, without spoiling what comes after, tell me why I am going after
The Crocodile
The Hyena
and
The Vulture

?

Without saying too much...I remember two are part of a large side quest; I'm sure the other is to....
Second....they are involved in a "Group"....
Old 11-23-20, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Well, shit. Just so you know, take all the content that Origins has, then multiply it by 3, and that's Odyssey.
Quick random question: I had started Origins before my son commandeered my XBox from me, didn't get too far in. Then I got Odyssey, which has been one of my favorite games of all time (130 hours in, just working on the DLC now). I got Valhalla for my new PS5, and I do not like it at all. Would you recommend going back to Origins? Anyone? Thanks. (I have played nearly every AC since the very first one.)
Old 11-24-20, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Quick random question: I had started Origins before my son commandeered my XBox from me, didn't get too far in. Then I got Odyssey, which has been one of my favorite games of all time (130 hours in, just working on the DLC now). I got Valhalla for my new PS5, and I do not like it at all. Would you recommend going back to Origins? Anyone? Thanks. (I have played nearly every AC since the very first one.)
Yeah, I really liked the very ending of Origins, and especially liked the 2nd DLC. Totally worth going back to!
Old 11-24-20, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, I really liked the very ending of Origins, and especially liked the 2nd DLC. Totally worth going back to!
Thanks--DONE. $20 for the Gold Edition, all DLC, etc. Started it last night and am already hooked, so much more like Odyssey, so not like Valhalla...
Old 10-18-23, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

In my ongoing quest to play games five years after everyone else, I more or less finished Origins. I skipped the arena stuff, and am missing one stone circle and some random treasures and parchments, but that’s ok. I maxed out at level 55 and did the first DLC pretty much by accident. The second, as was mentioned, ie more supernatural, and I got frustrated at first, but progressing on the main storyline helped move things along.

My favorite thing was the flesh decay. Great fun to infect someone then watch someone else walk into the cloud, or get people to chase me into the poison then stay just out of their reach until they melt. In the Mordor and Tsushima games, I loved turning enemies against each other, and you can do that here too, but not as effectively. I have to get close, then there’s a chance the guy will attack me instead. I played Odyssey first and thus missed my ability to rain errors on bounty hunters, but other things were useful instead.
The following users liked this post:
lwhy? (10-18-23)