Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Old 11-14-20, 08:39 AM
  #201  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,986
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I started playing this a couple weeks ago and I just made it to the chariot races part. I absolutely suck at the chariot races. I can't come in better than fifth. Are there any tricks to it? I'm keeping R2 held down and pushing X to boost, but my chariot is really, really slow.

I had a hard time there to....but look at them the same way with Car Racing....take the inside when ever you can....just got to get a handle on accelerating out of the turn and time the slow down when coming to the turn...practice....if you try mid and outside starting out...you're going to lose....the other Chariots early on handle better and are faster.

.....oh congrads on getting Origins......I still think it's one of the best looking, best all-around games out there. Ubisoft captured Egypt in it's glory like Sucker Punch did with ghost of Tsushima Japan.....
Old 11-22-20, 12:01 PM
  #202  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Just around the corner to the light of day.
Posts: 12,673
Likes: 0
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

My only issue with these massive games is that there's so many sidequests I forget what the main one is.

Can anybody, without spoiling what comes after, tell me why I am going after
The Crocodile
The Hyena
and
The Vulture

?
Old 11-23-20, 07:15 AM
  #203  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,986
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian View Post
My only issue with these massive games is that there's so many sidequests I forget what the main one is.

Can anybody, without spoiling what comes after, tell me why I am going after
The Crocodile
The Hyena
and
The Vulture

?

Without saying too much...I remember two are part of a large side quest; I'm sure the other is to....
Second....they are involved in a "Group"....
Old 11-23-20, 10:28 AM
  #204  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 4,512
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Well, shit. Just so you know, take all the content that Origins has, then multiply it by 3, and that's Odyssey.
Quick random question: I had started Origins before my son commandeered my XBox from me, didn't get too far in. Then I got Odyssey, which has been one of my favorite games of all time (130 hours in, just working on the DLC now). I got Valhalla for my new PS5, and I do not like it at all. Would you recommend going back to Origins? Anyone? Thanks. (I have played nearly every AC since the very first one.)
Old 11-24-20, 10:24 AM
  #205  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 41,617
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
Quick random question: I had started Origins before my son commandeered my XBox from me, didn't get too far in. Then I got Odyssey, which has been one of my favorite games of all time (130 hours in, just working on the DLC now). I got Valhalla for my new PS5, and I do not like it at all. Would you recommend going back to Origins? Anyone? Thanks. (I have played nearly every AC since the very first one.)
Yeah, I really liked the very ending of Origins, and especially liked the 2nd DLC. Totally worth going back to!
Old 11-24-20, 10:38 AM
  #206  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 4,512
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27/17

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yeah, I really liked the very ending of Origins, and especially liked the 2nd DLC. Totally worth going back to!
Thanks--DONE. $20 for the Gold Edition, all DLC, etc. Started it last night and am already hooked, so much more like Odyssey, so not like Valhalla...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.