Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-19, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
Re: Far Cry 5 - 3/27/18

So I finished New Dawn. Can't believe how much I loved it but with that said, this was definitely Ubisoft's test run for future pay tp play. They made the final boss so damn hard that no level 3 weapons could really phase him. I didn't want to constantly re-raid every outpost either (especially seeing as how if any alarms get tripped on multiple capture attempts it spawns a difficult to beat enemy of it's own as well) so for the first time I ever in a game I bought a weapon (the blood dragon bow and arrow, trust me, it's all you need) and beat the final boss in a couple of seconds.

I did actually like leveling up prosperity but it got old after a while.

The story missions were nice and long but I was bummed that we didn't officially get to see what happened to
Spoiler:
The deputy you play from the first game
even though there are notes laying around in the bunker, you still don't know for sure.

When I put Far Cry 5 back in, I was surprised to see the gameplay wasn't as fun as New Dawn but I still prefer the environment better - I'm not saying the environment is better than new Dawn - it's just the one I prefer.

Still, probably the two best games for me this generation.
Old 07-15-19, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I assumed the Deputy was the guy in the mask that Jacob was giving orders to (the guy you recruit).
Old 07-15-19, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I haven't finished it yet but that was my understanding as well - player character from 5 is
Spoiler:
the Judge from New Dawn. Some of the dialog refers to their time in the bunker together.
. Very cool.
Sad to hear about the massive difficulty jump for the final boss.
Old 07-15-19, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
I assumed the Deputy was the guy in the mask that Jacob was giving orders to (the guy you recruit).
Interesting and you're correct - I remember the following note but wasn't paying attention. I guess Hurk, Pastor Jerome and Carmina also address him directly in new dawn - pretty crazy:

Old 06-30-23, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

I finished FC5, playing it on Game Pass right after #4 was my first FC. I think I preferred 4, but 5 was fun too. I liked the setting, and the guns for hire were great.

The ending was spoiled for me, but that’s my own fault for looking up info while playing the game. I was ok with what happened.

I procrastinated after I had unlocked John’s battle then ended up killing him and Faith almost back to back. Jacob was a PITA because I hate timed challenges, and doing the same one multiple times was super annoying. They just took a few runthroughs, though.

After I finished, I reset all the outposts and re-conquered them because that was my favorite part, but I didn’t really feel like collecting lighters or running over deer so I just stopped.

I was going to get the DLC for $9 when I saw a $15 bundle with FC5 (in case I want to play it again and it drops off GP), the DLC, and New Dawn, so I got that. Taking a break for other games now, though.
Old 06-30-23, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I've been playing New Dawn, and like it quite a bit. I miss having two guns for hire, because I liked listening to them talk to each other. In FC5, I kept two random people hired, just because they were funny. There's apparently only three people walking around the entire map that give out info or quests, as it's always delivered by the same three character models. Either they are the same people, who really get around quickly, or Ubisoft cheaped out reusing characters. It's neat coming across mentions of people from FC5, although a lot of them seem depressing.
Old 08-25-23, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just finished the last two big battles of New Dawn. My expected strategy for the penultimate didn’t work out, but I ended up beating it after a few tries. Then for the last I had to craft some new weapons and got it on my second try.

I think I liked it better than 5. Not as much to do, but I dug how it used the same map, and didn’t have the drugged/hallucinating scenarios. I missed the second gun for hire and mostly ended up using Gina Gershon, as the Judge seemed too weak and Nana and Hurk were kinda annoying,

I liked the expeditions because they were in a completely new environment. Not a fan of “they’ll never stop coming so you have to flee,” but it wasn’t too bad. I finished all those at the first level and the outposts at the third level, so I may go back and do more of those.

Before the endgame, I was mostly roaming around using different weapons to finish challenges and build up perks to power myself up, but I had to give up on the level 1 and 2 stuff because they were just too weak. I’ve never really gotten into the bows in FC, then I noticed the ridiculous damage levels so I forced myself to use it. Should’ve hunted more with it in the early stages.

So that’s three Far Crys (maybe 2.5 technically) in short order. I tried to break them up with Diablo, but couldn’t really get into it, so I went back to the well. Will probably take a break before 6, though.
Old 08-28-23, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I liked Nana for the outposts. I'd scan the outpost for enemies, and then have Nana pick them off one by one. Easy to get the unnoticed bonus.
Old 09-07-23, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I liked Nana for the outposts. I'd scan the outpost for enemies, and then have Nana pick them off one by one. Easy to get the unnoticed bonus.
In FC5, I liked using the archer and the cougar for stealth in the outposts. Gina just tends to start shooting, but she takes out a lot of guys so I can live with it.