Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty: WWII (11/3/17; PC/PS4/XB1)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: WWII (11/3/17; PC/PS4/XB1)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-17, 12:27 AM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: WWII (11/3/17; PC/PS4/XB1)

Anyone playing campaign yet? We preordered it so we could start at 9pm. Fucking ridiculous. I play on normal and to me it was almost impossible to storm Normandy. It sucks you don’t regain health but within a few minutes I have 5 or 6 health kits. They seem to be everywhere
Old 11-03-17, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I have it ready to go on Steam but I won't have a chance to try it until after work.
Old 11-03-17, 10:54 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

getting good reviews thus far. short campaign, 6-7 hours, but back to form is consensus. 86% @ Metacritic, 88.3% for PS4 on Gamerankings.com...
Old 11-03-17, 11:10 AM

might go to this after Wolfenstein II. need something different, different scenery and i love WWII as a history lesson. will finish Destiny 2 some time...
Old 11-03-17, 12:54 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

I’m enjoying the campaign a lot. If love older WW games which is why I played Battlefield 1 as well.

The campaign is great though
Old 11-03-17, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet, our library just added this to their site, so I just requested a copy.
Old 11-04-17, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I received a bonus code from Best Buy in my email yesterday, but when I enter it into the website I get an error. Anybody know what the code is for, or have luck redeeming it?
Old 11-04-17, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
I received a bonus code from Best Buy in my email yesterday, but when I enter it into the website I get an error. Anybody know what the code is for, or have luck redeeming it?
Same for me. Unable to redeem code.
Old 11-04-17, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I picked this up yesterday for the XBox One from Best Buy using my GCU and the mystery $5 certificate.

Came out to $47 and change after taxes.

I also own a PS4, but decided to go with the XB1 version because it's playable in 4K UHD.

Glancing over at Amazon, I noticed that this got a lot of negative reviews because the online gameplay has been having issues and is spotty. They also complain about server issues.

I don't really do any online gameplay (not a hardcore gamer), so I should be good playing this as a single player campaign right?

I haven't really played much of these COD games. I had a few of them for the XBox 360, but didn't really spend a lot of time on them. Typically how many hours of gameplay do one of these games last, if you decide to spend a lot of time on it?

I heard this version has zombies as well? If I'm not mistaken?
Old 11-04-17, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Same for me. Unable to redeem code.
So I was able to get my code to go through, but all it said was SUCCESS! I didn't check my game yet, but it didn't give me any other type of code to put in the PSN store.
Old 11-04-17, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ugh. Can anyone help me out?

I got this game from redbox and lo and behold, cannot play the damn game without an update. Well I live in the mountains and don’t have Internet. The fact my phone works is even lucky. I just want to play the campaign and can’t. Isn’t there a way around this?

Thanks to anyone who helps out.
Old 11-06-17, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Well, the campaign is good but nowhere near the best (beat the game last night) I would rank them as follows:

COD 4: Modern Warfare
Infinite Warfare
World at War
WWII

Just way to hokey at most points and there is a whole lot of nothing going on at times. Highlights were the D-Day and Battle of the Bulge Chapters. The game at times does capture the true horrors of war but overall, it kind of fizzles out.

Multi-player:

So far I think it's excellent - they basically refined what Infinite Warfare did - if you don't like the idea of going back to boots on the ground, I would suggest you re-consider - it's great.

the weapons are nice too - the Divisions you can select from come with their own individual perks, as an example, I selected the LMG division and you receive a default mount for your LMG, it's not a mount you use when laying on the ground, you can place it on any standing object and it greatly helps with accuracy - downside for the divisions is that you can't remove the division perk from your weapon selection - all of the divisions have this with the exception of the infitry division and you can still use any weapon of your choice with all weapon attachments of your choice.

Maps: Awesome, I love all of them but there are only 9 but they're well made. The extra atmosphere effects really pull you into the game more as well. This helps with deaths as well meaning if you get hit by a grenade, they don't just show you fall and die, you scream and blood spurts everywhere from where you were caught - it's not much but it definitely adds more.

The War mode feels like an actual stand alone game at times.

....You really shouldn't miss the multi-player, it's really good and feels fresh.

As for the tower mock as seen in Destiny, it does work well - I mean, there is only so much shit you can pull off with a lobby but they did a good job - highlights of the lobby are:

- Score streak training: Yes, you get to sample ALL of the score streak kills and it's awesome
- You can see other peoples supply drops - it's kind of cool seeing what other people were rewarded
- You can play a bunch of the old activision arcade games including Kaboom, Boxing, and a ton of others.
- There is a separate section for players when you prestige.

Disappointments of the Lobby:

- It's currently solo only - Sledgehammer released a note on this due to the server load - it will be populated again soon.
- It's too small - I was expecting a more open area but it's crammed dirt paths and feels a bit restricting.
- WAY TOO MANY people in one lobby (when It wasn't solo only).
- Theater - I was expecting some cool in-game made movies but it's just a launcher for ads

Biggest let down: Zombies

Just endless waves of boredom - I had I hopes for something different with all the instagram posts they had on this but it's just more and more of the same - maybe it will grow on me overtime

Last edited by Rival11; 11-06-17 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-06-17, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Played about 8-10 hours of MP this past weekend. Very happy they went back to boots on the ground. I just couldn't get into the past few CODs.

What's everyone's favorite weapon? I unlocked the MP40 after my first airborne prestige, but I still prefer the PPSH since it seems more consistent. Some matches the MP40 seems great, and some matches it feels like I'm using a super soaker.
Old 11-06-17, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been using the BAR, and the FG42 seems to be good from the little I used it from picking it up off the ground, as far as rifles go.

I'm still feeling a little hamstrung as far as the lack of combining "perks" goes, but I figure at least everyone is in the same boat... IDK why I need to use a basic training to carry a launcher. That seems petty. I'd like to use a different one, but I love shooting down planes!
Old 11-07-17, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I ended up pre-ordering Star Wars instead of this and it was a tough call. I've been seeing about 6-8 on my friends list playing this every night. I was curious as to the campaign and length along with comparisons to past COD games. I still like Modern Warfare and thought World At War with four players was an absolute blast. Is there any co-op at all in this?

And a few here have played the MP and they said the spawn, take a few steps and get killed is still happening and have made the game a bit less enjoyable. Other issues have been the long load times and they've got a couple of error codes each night (on PS4). They like the look and the weapons are dead on.
Old 11-07-17, 08:47 PM

anyone play the single player campaign? good? realistic?
Old 11-08-17, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
anyone play the single player campaign? good? realistic?
Do you have me blocked or do you only read comments after your posts?
Old 11-08-17, 08:02 PM

well, you had a little blurb and then mostly MP. i thought more people might also have played it. sorry for the trouble...
Old 11-09-17, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
well, you had a little blurb and then mostly MP. i thought more people might also have played it. sorry for the trouble...
There's no trouble. It was pretty decent but just felt a bit flat. It gets hokey when they start getting into the brotherhood aspect of it. It has its moments and the graphics are exceptional but multiplayer is where the game shines.
Old 11-09-17, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

AM General suing Activision over Humvee in CoD series.

You may not know AM General, but you know what it does: It makes the Humvee, the iconic vehicle that replaced US military jeeps back in the '80s. Everywhere the US Army goes, it rides in Humvees: In movies, on the television, and of course in videogames, including the Call of Duty series. According to a recently-filed lawsuit, however, Activision never actually had permission to use it.

"Wrongfully leveraging the goodwill and reputation AM General has developed in these marks, Defendants have used and continue to use AM General’s trademarks and trade dress in advertising and promotion of their Call of Duty videogame franchise; have featured and continue to feature AM General’s trademarks and vehicles bearing the distinctive elements of the AM General Trade Dress prominently in their video games; and have caused and continue to cause the manufacture and sale of collateral toys and books to further derive wrongful profits from AM Genera l’s intellectual property and to further promote Defendants’ infringing video games," the suit (available at SDNY Blog) says.
Old 11-10-17, 12:04 AM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Originally Posted by DJariya
I picked this up yesterday for the XBox One from Best Buy using my GCU and the mystery $5 certificate.

Came out to $47 and change after taxes.

I also own a PS4, but decided to go with the XB1 version because it's playable in 4K UHD.

Glancing over at Amazon, I noticed that this got a lot of negative reviews because the online gameplay has been having issues and is spotty. They also complain about server issues.

I don't really do any online gameplay (not a hardcore gamer), so I should be good playing this as a single player campaign right?

I haven't really played much of these COD games. I had a few of them for the XBox 360, but didn't really spend a lot of time on them. Typically how many hours of gameplay do one of these games last, if you decide to spend a lot of time on it?

I heard this version has zombies as well? If I'm not mistaken?

My kid got the PS4 format for his birthday and that’s where I play it. I picked up the Xbox one X on launch day and keep debating if it’s worth the upgrade. How does it look in 4K?
Old 11-11-17, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ManfromCyrodiil
My kid got the PS4 format for his birthday and that’s where I play it. I picked up the Xbox one X on launch day and keep debating if it’s worth the upgrade. How does it look in 4K?
The game uses dynamic resolution based upon what's occurring on screen. The Xbox One X version varies between 1920x2160 to 3840x2160 (the PS4 Pro variation varies between 960×2160 to 2640×2160), however, the game always maintains 60 fps. The campaign looks fantastic on the X.

Multiplayer has been an absolute shitshow, so, I can't comment on that.
Old 11-11-17, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I started playing this yesterday and must have died a dozen times on the opening scene at the beach. I suck I'll come back to this after Wolfenstein II.
Old 11-11-17, 04:40 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I started playing this yesterday and must have died a dozen times on the opening scene at the beach. I suck I'll come back to this after Wolfenstein II.

Yea I died a handful of times storming the beach. Was brutal lol
Old 11-11-17, 04:41 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
The game uses dynamic resolution based upon what's occurring on screen. The Xbox One X version varies between 1920x2160 to 3840x2160 (the PS4 Pro variation varies between 960×2160 to 2640×2160), however, the game always maintains 60 fps. The campaign looks fantastic on the X.

Multiplayer has been an absolute shitshow, so, I can't comment on that.

I don’t play much MP but I guess it’s not worth a double purchase

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.