Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Release Date: 2017)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Release Date: 2017)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-18, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Release Date: 2017)

Originally Posted by Red Hood
So I picked the Deluxe Edition for PS4 of this which supposedly includes the season pass, but this pass only unlocked 6 characters and not the costume packs available as DLCs. Does anyone know why this is?
It does come with the bonus costumes - - for the six bonus characters. The others are additional DLC.
Old 07-06-18, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Yeah I was surprised that it didn't include more as well, and then I looked at the costume prices (which weren't on sale at the time). Then I looked at the costume and extra character prices on other fighting games. Ugh, for a genre that goes on clearance within a month or two of release, I guess that's how they make their money.

On the other hand, as ugly as some of the character models are and as little budget as they put into this, this would have been perfect to somehow tie into Infinity War... the fact that they didn't even bother doing anything of note means this franchise is pretty dead, I'd think. But they still can't clearance out those costumes...
Old 07-06-18, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

That's pretty shitty of them. A season pass usually includes all future DLCs that are released for the game.
Old 07-06-18, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
That's pretty shitty of them. A season pass usually includes all future DLCs that are released for the game.
Not with fighting games. Most of them have multiple seasons and extra costumes now days.
Old 07-06-18, 10:34 AM
Banned

Well, I was expecting this game to be re-released in an Ultimate edition like the last one or the Injustice games, but it seems that Capcom announced that they are done with it, so I expected the season pass to include everything. I know this is going on for a while but I loathe companies that pull this bullshit of microtransactions and overpriced DLCs.
Old 07-06-18, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Yeah, the costumes are a huge fucking cash-cow for them. They take very little resources to create and implement, and they make them a shit-ton of money, comparatively. It is only a relatively small amount of people that go hog-wild buying many of the costumes, but it's enough to never make them a free bonus. You'll never see "complete" editions of fighting games with everything, only "deluxe", with just more things than the standard version.
Old 07-12-18, 06:58 PM
Banned

Man, it's pretty obvious Capcom didn't give to shits about this game. I wouldn't be surprised that they did it to fulfill the contract commitments with Marvel and that they got pissed at not being able to use the X-Men (and FF characters). They could easily have made this game something special and use Black Bolt, Groot, StarLord, Quake, Carnage, several versions of Ghost Rider, etc, but it seems to be a cash grab that didn't pan out. It looks so lazy. Even the storyline doesn't even make sense.

Spoiler:

In the end, according to Dr. Strange, the merged worlds can't be separated because the Reality stone was broken/destroyed in the battle with Ultron Sigma, yet Thor tells everyone in that same ending that the SIX stones (including the reality gem) will be divided by having 2 stones on Earth, 2 stones on Xgard and 2 stones on the Dark Realm. That's just fucking contradictory, lazy bullshit.

It's sad because I've always loved this series going back to X-Men vs Street Fighter (and even before on the Marvel Infinity Gems SNES game). There's so much that could've been done if it wasn't for corporate bullshit.
Old 07-12-18, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I finished the story and couldn't tell you a fucking thing about it
Old 12-21-18, 08:28 PM
Banned

In case anyone still wants this game, Best Buy has the collector's edition on clearance for PS4 for $52 and for XB1 for $56

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-...?skuId=5892601