Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NBA 2K17 Getting Special Kobe Bryant "Legend Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-16, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: NBA 2K17 Getting Special Kobe Bryant "Legend Edition"

Man it killed me when I saw Nash was missing. That Phoenix team is the team I use the most and it's obviously a huge blow playing with Leandro fucking Barbosa instead of Nash.
Old 09-20-16, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I think you can ask that Justice comes with you, because the two have that Orange Juice special power or whatever. Not sure about Dallas. I thought he was a journeyman who joined the team, but I guess he's a rookie too?

I don't mind going to practice, though I'm sure having four things every off day will get old after a while. The problem I have is the loading times.

Just noticed Justice is an 80 OVR. Dude bought a bunch of VC to start with I guess...
That is pretty interesting to know. As for practice, I am almost certain you can skip it (pull an AI) but coach will get on that ass.

Didn't even check Justice's OVR. I just know he hardy plays so I don't worry about him.
Old 09-20-16, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I love the TV style presentation of this. I liked seeing Ernie, Shaq and Kenny Smith from TNT. Damn Chuck Barkley still being stubborn about his likeness and not being there.

The on the court stuff is cool as well with Kevin Harlan, Doris Burke and David Aldridge.

It really feels like a Basketball TV broadcast. I think this is NBA 2K's best overall presentation yet.
Old 09-22-16, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Good to know this years version has a potential game breaking bug like the one from a few years ago.

I was playing My Career mode and it's about the 30 game mark or so. After the post game report, the game fades to black which usually means a cut scene. Except the music abruptly stopped. The game froze.

No big deal, I thought.

So I closed the game and restarted. The game froze while loading up My Career. Then I closed it again. It froze on the exact same spot. One more time. Close. Start over. Freeze.

At this point I'm pretty irritated. So I did a restart of the Xbone. Usually fixes problems. Not this time. Same spot. Same freeze.

So there you go. I can't play the best part of the game now.
Old 09-29-16, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

So did anyone get the dream team that was promised to preorders?
Old 12-11-16, 07:27 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I'm really enjoying NBA 2k17 this year, mostly because of the cool MyLeague mode. Love that we can create expansion teams and add them to the league. I added and currently use the Flint Tropics, with the movie uniforms and the Jackie Moon Arena as my home court. I like the my player too and the soundtrack is leaps and bounds much better than the last 2 years. The only thing I can't stand though is the whole UPDATE REQUIRED banner that appears on the lower right corner each day that makes me get out of whatever I'm playing and go to the main menu for basically nothing. It's been like 5-6 years and they haven't been able to fix that crap.
Old 12-11-16, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

That's not something that needs to be fixed, it's there because there is an update (sometimes just a simple roster update) that needs to be applied.
Old 12-11-16, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
That's not something that needs to be fixed, it's there because there is an update (sometimes just a simple roster update) that needs to be applied.
What good does it do to me to have that distracting, fairly big banner, when I get back to game I left the night before on MyLeague? The updates are usually something stupid like offers for VC, shoes or other superficial stuff and the daily roster update, which again shouldn't matter to the MyLeague or MyPlayer format. 2K needs to show the update needed once and take it off.

I forgot how much it bothers me the last 2 7GB updates on PS4 which took over 3 hours each to download.
Old 12-12-16, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Yeah that update required thing is crap, I can't think of another game that does it. If you're playing online, you wouldn't have suspended the game anyway. If you're not playing online how crucial is this update while you're in a game? And it covers a crucial part of the screen as well, ridiculous. I don't even know how well it saves during a game, sometimes it lets me quit out and come back at the half, sometimes I lose the whole game and start from the beginning.

But hey for the next hour I can buy some overpriced VC on sale!
Old 02-26-17, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Stupid me. A couple of days ago, I made a goof.

I was on my XBox One S and noticed there was a sale for NBA 2K 17 add-ons. It was like 10 college teams and I paid $7.50 for it, which was half off. I was like, cool awesome deal and bought it.

Well, guess what? I don't even own the fucking game on the XB1 S. I own it on the PS4. The instructions to order it also said..."No Refunds"

Dammit!! I just ate $7.50. Total brain fart.
Old 02-26-17, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Stupid me. A couple of days ago, I made a goof.

I was on my XBox One S and noticed there was a sale for NBA 2K 17 add-ons. It was like 10 college teams and I paid $7.50 for it, which was half off. I was like, cool awesome deal and bought it.

Well, guess what? I don't even own the fucking game on the XB1 S. I own it on the PS4. The instructions to order it also said..."No Refunds"

Dammit!! I just ate $7.50. Total brain fart.
That totally sounds like something I'd do

Not gaming related but, about a month ago I was looking for movies to watch on the weekend. Looked through Netflix and didn't find anything I was in the mood for. Went on to PSN and didn't see anything in the newer releases. I came across the Back to the Futures, which I hadn't seen in a long time so I rented all 3 at $4 a pop.

On the following Monday all 3 were added to Netflix