Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

    Hide Wikipost
Old 07-01-16, 07:10 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JuryDuty
Tips for new players:
  • Unless you're into spending money, don't ever buy data packs (except the first Chromium--it guarantees you a character; you buy it with crystals).
  • Once in a great while you'll get a character from a daily pack, or shards, but 45% of the characters you get will be from the various stores in the game. You can only see 1-2 when you start (Cantina and Squad Arena), but eventually you'll see another 3 or so, and they'll keep you busy grabbing character shards. The other 45% of the characters you get will be from doing hard battles...one shard at a time.
  • At the start, you really just need to keep plugging away at what you know to do. The game is great at opening up new areas when you're about ready for them. Don't even be that concerned about which characters are the "right ones." For instance, you'll probably continue to use Clone Wars Chewbacca for a while...but you'll likely abandon him by level 60 or so in favor of other characters.
  • I do highly recommend doing nothing in the Cantina except getting GS shards (Battle 1-A). Just do it over and over again until he's 7*. I camped there until he was done and then started doing more cantina battles. You'll use him way into the end game. Do one Cantina refresh every day (100 crystals).
  • In the Squad Arena (PvP), ST Han and Leia are both great choices. Again, I'd just keep farming them until they were maxed, then move on.
  • Other than that, keep doing the Light and Dark side battles. (Refresh twice each day (50 crystals each)). Right now you can just try to get through the levels, but eventually you'll want each one three stars because you'll go back to them countless times to get specific character shards so you can get a character, or to get equipment parts to make them stronger. By the way, equipment (those green pluses) make a HUGE difference--more than anything!
  • Be sure to get through your Dailies every day. That maxes your growth.
  • It's a bit frustrating early on because you want to get a bunch of characters, but if you really focus on building a strong team, they'll open the game for you.
  • Don't hesitate to use ALL your energy every single day. And if you fight a battle a second time, use a SIM if you have it. I was so concerned early on with burning through my credits and SIMs that I hoarded them. No need to do that. They all refill the following day, and by using them you grow faster.
  • These are generally considered some of the best characters in each store, in order of general preference. If you're not sure who to get, get them in this order. But don't let the idea of getting the "best" characters rule your gameplay. It's fun to play with whoever you want and sometimes unique combinations do surprisingly well:

    Guild Shipments: Rey, Ewok Elder
    Arena Shipments: ST Han, Princess Leia, Admiral Ackbar
    Galactic War Shipments: Luminara, Captain Phasma, Teebo, Poggle the Lesser, IG-86 (Note: Luminara is best up to about level 75, then Phasma seems to shine more. Ultimately, you'll want both.)
    Cantina Shipments: Qui-Gon Jinn, Daka, Fives, Ahsoka
    Cantina Battles: Geonosian Soldier, Barriss, Count Dooku, Old Ben, Royal Guard, Jedi Consular, Luke Skywalker, Lando Calrissian

Print Wikipost

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-17, 11:04 PM   #2276
DVD Josh
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 23,514
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuryDuty View Post
Do you have or have the ability to get General Kenobi? He might work well with that team. I'm doing zeta'd GK (lead), zeta'd Barriss, zeta'd Yoda, zeta'd Nihilus and have gotten down to #2 in Arena against the Sith. Personally, I focus more on getting zetas from ship currency than anything.
GK does not have a zeta so I would love to hear how you are doing that.
__________________
***DVDTALK GOLD TRADER***

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 11:06 AM   #2277
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,476
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
GK does not have a zeta so I would love to hear how you are doing that.



I think he meant to say QGJ.
__________________
Live: ntlbornkiller
psn: ntlbrnkiller

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 08:34 PM   #2278
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 36,852
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post
I'm not a big power player. My major factions are Jedi and Rebel with some Clones and Droid.

My arena team is Phasma, QGJ, Lumi, Rey, and RG. All at X. Thanks!
I'm not a power player either, and my team is similar to yours. Mostly I'd been running Phasma, Lumi, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, and Rey, but I swapped out Phasma for Boba Fett, and I've been trying QGJ in place of Lumi or GS. All are at X except GS and QGJ at XI. I've been building up Wedge and Biggs but have both at only VIII, as is General Kenobi.

I have some other cool-seeming characters at seven stars but haven't been sure who to build up. GK, Fett, and Wiggs sort of emerged from the pack, but I'm also working up Darth Maul. Yoda, Han Solo, Emperor Palpatine, Jedi Knight Anakin, and Vader all seem to be used in some capacity but they're just kind of in limbo for me.
__________________
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 09:57 PM   #2279
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

David, my current Arena team is EP (L), BF, GK, JKA and STH. They are all G11. I cannot stress enough that you need to bring your GK to G11 as soon as you can, with at least a Speed of high 190's or higher and high Tenacity (at least 80%). My GK has a Speed of 193 and Tenacity of 79.6%. That's low in Arena. I'm currently finishing in the top 20 plus none of my toons have Zetas. However, Gear and Mods with speed secondaries are the difference maker. I wish I had Baze or ShT as my Tank but STH has done the job so far.

You can either go with the meta of Zaul or Rex leads with DN or do something else. Have you unlocked the Zeta challenge yet?
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 03:06 AM   #2280
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 36,852
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
David, my current Arena team is EP (L), BF, GK, JKA and STH. They are all G11. I cannot stress enough that you need to bring your GK to G11 as soon as you can, with at least a Speed of high 190's or higher and high Tenacity (at least 80%). My GK has a Speed of 193 and Tenacity of 79.6%. That's low in Arena. I'm currently finishing in the top 20 plus none of my toons have Zetas. However, Gear and Mods with speed secondaries are the difference maker. I wish I had Baze or ShT as my Tank but STH has done the job so far.

You can either go with the meta of Zaul or Rex leads with DN or do something else. Have you unlocked the Zeta challenge yet?
The problem with farming gear for GK is that the stun guns are kinda slow, but I've gotten some from the fleet store, and now I'm only two away from level IX. His speed (132) and tenacity (36%) are weak, though, so I'll have to farm more mods.

I have Shoretrooper but he's just one of a bunch of random guys that I have at low levels. I know Baze is tough because he's wiped me out in the arena.

I don't have the Zeta challenge. Just googled it, and it appears to be tied to the Executrix at five stars? I just got it there, so I'll see if Zeta pops up with the next mat challenge (which was today, of course).
__________________
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 07:46 AM   #2281
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
The problem with farming gear for GK is that the stun guns are kinda slow, but I've gotten some from the fleet store, and now I'm only two away from level IX. His speed (132) and tenacity (36%) are weak, though, so I'll have to farm more mods.

I have Shoretrooper but he's just one of a bunch of random guys that I have at low levels. I know Baze is tough because he's wiped me out in the arena.

I don't have the Zeta challenge. Just googled it, and it appears to be tied to the Executrix at five stars? I just got it there, so I'll see if Zeta pops up with the next mat challenge (which was today, of course).
I seem to remember that you said once that you play this game at your own pace and just do your dailies and don't want to stress about it. Correct me if I'm wrong? If that's the case, gearing any character to G11 is a pain as you already know. In the case of GK, it will put you to the ultimate test for your patience as he needs cuffs, stun guns and MK3 Carbantis to the max. However, if you are close to putting him to the next Gear level, our guild has been great in donating gear pieces to put you over the top as long as you mention it in the chat. There's no doubt about that! My suggestion will be to ask and don't be shy about it. With a decent GK, you should be able to reach Top 100 at least. You also might need to buy stun guns or cuffs through Fleet Arena whenever you can to speed up the process. Once you gear BF and GK to at least G10, you should see immediate improvement in your ranking. My next toon that I will focus in your inventory will be EP to eventually replace Rey. EP at G11 and proper mods is useful as he's able to stun the other team.
My suggestion will be to remove Lumi for QGJ and eventually GS for GK. Start using this team in GW to familiarize with their abilities. Also as you are aware I'm not as knowledgeable as some of our guild members so try asking for suggestions and they will help you especially the other David (from the guild)since he's all about Arena.

The other David (from our guild) has always stated that Arena is the most important aspect of this game and that's where your focus should be. At first I thought he was over exaggerating the importance but I realized that he was right because it's all about the crystals especially if you are FTP. You need crystals to gear and mod your characters, there's no other way around it. So if you don't want to buy your crystals, the only way that you can earn a decent amount is through Arena payout.

I know you don't care about ships but you need to build up the mods and gear of your pilots to unlock the Tier 3 of the Ship Ability Challenge. That's where you can farm Zetas. Yes, you need the Executrix at 5* and I believe 6 ships at 5* or more. This is a must! Try to build a ship (My pick will be either Biggs or Wedge since they appear most often) to 7*.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes...
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 09:22 AM   #2282
DVD Josh
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 23,514
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
David, my current Arena team is EP (L), BF, GK, JKA and STH. They are all G11. I cannot stress enough that you need to bring your GK to G11 as soon as you can, with at least a Speed of high 190's or higher and high Tenacity (at least 80%). My GK has a Speed of 193 and Tenacity of 79.6%. That's low in Arena. I'm currently finishing in the top 20 plus none of my toons have Zetas. However, Gear and Mods with speed secondaries are the difference maker. I wish I had Baze or ShT as my Tank but STH has done the job so far.

You can either go with the meta of Zaul or Rex leads with DN or do something else. Have you unlocked the Zeta challenge yet?
I don't really understand your arena team. It has no synergy. I would put Fett as your leader to increase your burst damage from JKA and Fett, especially while Han is taunting.
__________________
***DVDTALK GOLD TRADER***

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 03:34 PM   #2283
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
I don't really understand your arena team. It has no synergy. I would put Fett as your leader to increase your burst damage from JKA and Fett, especially while Han is taunting.
Thanks for the recommendation Josh. I'm trying different things and see what works.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-17, 06:04 PM   #2284
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 36,852
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I seem to remember that you said once that you play this game at your own pace and just do your dailies and don't want to stress about it. Correct me if I'm wrong? If that's the case, gearing any character to G11 is a pain as you already know. In the case of GK, it will put you to the ultimate test for your patience as he needs cuffs, stun guns and MK3 Carbantis to the max. However, if you are close to putting him to the next Gear level, our guild has been great in donating gear pieces to put you over the top as long as you mention it in the chat. There's no doubt about that! My suggestion will be to ask and don't be shy about it. With a decent GK, you should be able to reach Top 100 at least. You also might need to buy stun guns or cuffs through Fleet Arena whenever you can to speed up the process. Once you gear BF and GK to at least G10, you should see immediate improvement in your ranking. My next toon that I will focus in your inventory will be EP to eventually replace Rey. EP at G11 and proper mods is useful as he's able to stun the other team.
My suggestion will be to remove Lumi for QGJ and eventually GS for GK. Start using this team in GW to familiarize with their abilities. Also as you are aware I'm not as knowledgeable as some of our guild members so try asking for suggestions and they will help you especially the other David (from the guild)since he's all about Arena.

The other David (from our guild) has always stated that Arena is the most important aspect of this game and that's where your focus should be. At first I thought he was over exaggerating the importance but I realized that he was right because it's all about the crystals especially if you are FTP. You need crystals to gear and mod your characters, there's no other way around it. So if you don't want to buy your crystals, the only way that you can earn a decent amount is through Arena payout.

I know you don't care about ships but you need to build up the mods and gear of your pilots to unlock the Tier 3 of the Ship Ability Challenge. That's where you can farm Zetas. Yes, you need the Executrix at 5* and I believe 6 ships at 5* or more. This is a must! Try to build a ship (My pick will be either Biggs or Wedge since they appear most often) to 7*.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes...
Thanks, Lopo! I was able to move GK from level VIII to X by farming stun guns and cuffs and buying some from the fleet store. (Plus I burned a big chunk of crystals on buying a stun gun outright.) Getting to XI will take a little more time because I need 150 cuffs. I have everything else, though. That did give me a good bump in arena to where I can knock off Wiggs teams, but not Sith or Wiggs with Lando.

I do get through dailies but also spend a fair amount of time maxing out my other free activities. Really the only stress is hitting the 600.

Unfortunately, I did have to start caring about ships. I had been using the fleet store to buy character shards but then realized I could get gear as well, so I have been building up the ships and also bumped my capital ships up to five stars to increase those rewards. I'm going to need to build them even more to actually win that zeta challenge, though. I currently have four at six stars but none at seven.
__________________
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 10:40 AM   #2285
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Thanks, Lopo! I was able to move GK from level VIII to X by farming stun guns and cuffs and buying some from the fleet store. (Plus I burned a big chunk of crystals on buying a stun gun outright.) Getting to XI will take a little more time because I need 150 cuffs. I have everything else, though. That did give me a good bump in arena to where I can knock off Wiggs teams, but not Sith or Wiggs with Lando.

I do get through dailies but also spend a fair amount of time maxing out my other free activities. Really the only stress is hitting the 600.

Unfortunately, I did have to start caring about ships. I had been using the fleet store to buy character shards but then realized I could get gear as well, so I have been building up the ships and also bumped my capital ships up to five stars to increase those rewards. I'm going to need to build them even more to actually win that zeta challenge, though. I currently have four at six stars but none at seven.
Congrats David! It's an uphill battle.

Listen, once you start approaching 50 cuffs, start farming them over at Light Side Normal battles in 8G. The drops are a little bit more generous in that battle if you have 3* them.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 12:10 PM   #2286
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 36,852
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Congrats David! It's an uphill battle.

Listen, once you start approaching 50 cuffs, start farming them over at Light Side Normal battles in 8G. The drops are a little bit more generous in that battle if you have 3* them.
Good to know! I'd mostly been farming at 7-D Normal, but the price is the same so no reason not to use that one instead.
__________________
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 12:18 PM   #2287
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Good to know! I'd mostly been farming at 7-D Normal, but the price is the same so no reason not to use that one instead.
Yeah, I saw it in the SWGoH forum and I believe that its true. You need to have more than 50 cuffs but, I feel like the drops are a little bit more generous. Let me know if it works in your case.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 10:51 AM   #2288
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Today is the last day for double drops. Did you guys get anything worthwhile?
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 10:52 AM   #2289
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,476
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Today is the last day for double drops. Did you guys get anything worthwhile?

__________________
Live: ntlbornkiller
psn: ntlbrnkiller

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 10:54 AM   #2290
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

How's the recruiting coming along Obey?
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 11:08 AM   #2291
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,476
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Right now we are only down Mino. He said he was going to look into recruiting a replacement. I have a feeling he will be back sooner than later. I believe he is just taking a break and plans to come back. I'll keep and eye on Tickets. This weekend was a little light, but I expected that since it was a holiday weekend for many. We have a few away on vacation at the same time as well, but most said they will try and bang out their 600 each day.
__________________
Live: ntlbornkiller
psn: ntlbrnkiller

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 11:11 AM   #2292
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,476
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

My main concern is that the next update doesn't cause a shitstorm with people wanting to branch off or merge with another guild. The last time that happened it didn't go so smoothly.
__________________
Live: ntlbornkiller
psn: ntlbrnkiller

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 06:41 PM   #2293
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

I saw that Ahovv also left. I had him in my allies list and now he no longer has a guild.

I was talking to one of the Alliance member in my shard and their guild is not even doing HAAT. Similar situation to our SH fiasco. He's in a lower Alliance guild and they can't beat it.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 08:37 PM   #2294
Obey The D
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,476
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I saw that Ahovv also left. I had him in my allies list and now he no longer has a guild.

I was talking to one of the Alliance member in my shard and their guild is not even doing HAAT. Similar situation to our SH fiasco. He's in a lower Alliance guild and they can't beat it.
Ahovv is on Vacation and will be back on the 9th. He dropped in case we wanted to add an alt for guild coins.
__________________
Live: ntlbornkiller
psn: ntlbrnkiller

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 09:10 AM   #2295
DVD Josh
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 23,514
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Double drops was a joke. I wasted a ton of energy on mods especially.
__________________
***DVDTALK GOLD TRADER***

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 10:01 AM   #2296
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
JuryDuty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Lost in Texas
Posts: 6,332
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
GK does not have a zeta so I would love to hear how you are doing that.
It's magic!

No, you're right. My team is GK (lead), zBarriss, zNihilus, zR2, zYoda. Once I put a zeta on R2 I'm getting better at hanging in the top 20.

I used the double drops to finally get Tarkin to G11 and get Kylo but otherwise nothing special for me.
__________________
--JuryDuty

Proud winner of DVDTalk Survivor Game: Round 4 and DVDTalk Amazing Race Game: Round 7, Round 8, and Round 13
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 11:48 AM   #2297
LorenzoL
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
My main concern is that the next update doesn't cause a shitstorm with people wanting to branch off or merge with another guild. The last time that happened it didn't go so smoothly.
After the SH fiasco, I'm not going anywhere and I'll just quit the game if the guild decides to merge again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
Ahovv is on Vacation and will be back on the 9th. He dropped in case we wanted to add an alt for guild coins.
Okay. I didn't know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Double drops was a joke. I wasted a ton of energy on mods especially.
I spent a lot of crystals with the refreshes with the mod farming and didn't get anything special but at least I was able to get Rex to a decent speed (230). The 4 gold mods that dropped did not have any speed secondary and the maximum speed secondary was 10. However, I got a few 5* Speed Arrows (Tenacity and Speed) and 5* CD triangles which are always needed.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 01:43 PM   #2298
JuryDuty
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
JuryDuty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Lost in Texas
Posts: 6,332
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

This just in... https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...rs-mobile-game

From the article:
Quote:
After almost 18 months since launch, EA’s Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is still the company’s top-grossing mobile game. Further, EA itself revealed that the average playing time of Galaxy of Heroes’ players is 162 minutes per day. This is impressive because the estimated average playing time on mobile games is only 24 minutes per day.

As per the April data of Sensor Tower, Galaxy of Heroes had net sales of $13 million. Take note that this $13 million estimate from Sensor Tower already deducted the 30% cut of app store owners Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL).
__________________
--JuryDuty

Proud winner of DVDTalk Survivor Game: Round 4 and DVDTalk Amazing Race Game: Round 7, Round 8, and Round 13
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 01:59 PM   #2299
davidh777
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 36,852
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Double drops gave me a bunch of GW currency and nondescript mods.

The flash event was a big bust for me. I hadn't pre-farmed Luke so I was relegated to the second-tier battles, which gave me a lot of weak gear, and I flat-out missed a couple slots.
__________________
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 02:26 PM   #2300
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,038
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Only 162 minutes? The average has really dropped since I left.
__________________
XBL: pinata242 | PSN: pinata242 | Steam: pinata242
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0