Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JuryDuty
A couple nice and unusual coupons upcoming. Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Packages

15 (Universal /20% (member only) Email coupons for In-store and online
15/20% Single Item store+online coupons 6/30 through 7/4 (7/5 2:59am ET online)
15/20% Single Item store+online coupons 7/14 through 7/17 (7/18 2:59am ET online)

Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More
BNJUNE30 from June 18, 2016 at 12:01am to June 28, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off Any One Item June 23, 2016 at 12:01am to June 29, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from June 23, 2016 to June 28, 2016 at close of business.
BNCPNJN Online
Store Printable 20% Single Item
BNGROUPJN online
BNOFFERJN online
BNRMNJN online

Get 24% Off Your Entire Order
BNFIREWORK July 1, 2016 at 12:01am to July 5, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Get 20% Off $60 or more
BNTROPICAL July 7, 2016 at 12:01am to July 14, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Get 25% Off $100 or more
BNSPARKLER July 12, 2016 at 12:01am to July 18, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Take 10% Off Orders of $35 to $49.99, 15% Off Orders of $50 to $74.99, 20% Off Orders of $75 or More
BNSUNNY July 2, 2016 at 12:01am to July 9, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

$10 off $75 Purchase Online Only
BNSUMMER16 June 26, 2016 at 12:01am to June 30, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time. EDIT: as of 6/26 ad 10pm ET I'm not getting to apply

$10 Off $100 -- online only
None

Get 10% Off $50 or more
BNJUNE50 June 30, 2016 at 12:01am to July 5, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

5% Off Your Entire Purchase
BNINSURE05 June 20, 2016 at 12:01am to November 1, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off Online Single Item --
Expired

15% off One Item Online -- NON MEMBER -- all three still active 5/31 and may be re-usable online
9DAWJ1Z88Z134 ?? expiration
NKMMWDZJXAE73 ??Expiration
VP5ZZ6QN15VUU ??Expiration

"New" Member Welcome Coupons
EXPIRES August 22, 2016 2:59am ET
V7V4P8H $10 off 40 "Home & Gift" Single Item
L4H8L9Y $5 off $20 Toy or Game Single Item
U8B7D8D $5 off $15 Single Music CD (also seems to work on Vinyl)
B9M4N3Y $5 off $50+ total Purchase
U3D7T8J $8 off $40+ single DVD/BD

Printable In-Store Member Only Coupons
Expires end of business August 21, 2016
Free Latte with Cafe purchase exp 08/21/2016
In store $5 off $15 Single Music CD Exp 08/21/2016
In store $5 off $50 Transaction Exp 08/21/2016
In store $8 off $40 Single DVD/BD Exp 08/21/2016

Miscellaneous --
Get 30% Off Nook Accessories June 8, 2016 at 12:01am to July 1, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from June 8, 2016 to June 30, 2016 at close of business.
M3J9E7V Store
J4M9E7V Online
Print Wikipost

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS & Android)

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Do you have or have the ability to get General Kenobi? He might work well with that team. I'm doing zeta'd GK (lead), zeta'd Barriss, zeta'd Yoda, zeta'd Nihilus and have gotten down to #2 in Arena against the Sith. Personally, I focus more on getting zetas from ship currency than anything.
GK does not have a zeta so I would love to hear how you are doing that.
Old 04-20-17, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVD Josh

I think he meant to say QGJ.
Old 04-20-17, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I'm not a big power player. My major factions are Jedi and Rebel with some Clones and Droid.

My arena team is Phasma, QGJ, Lumi, Rey, and RG. All at X. Thanks!
I'm not a power player either, and my team is similar to yours. Mostly I'd been running Phasma, Lumi, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, and Rey, but I swapped out Phasma for Boba Fett, and I've been trying QGJ in place of Lumi or GS. All are at X except GS and QGJ at XI. I've been building up Wedge and Biggs but have both at only VIII, as is General Kenobi.

I have some other cool-seeming characters at seven stars but haven't been sure who to build up. GK, Fett, and Wiggs sort of emerged from the pack, but I'm also working up Darth Maul. Yoda, Han Solo, Emperor Palpatine, Jedi Knight Anakin, and Vader all seem to be used in some capacity but they're just kind of in limbo for me.
Old 04-20-17, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

David, my current Arena team is EP (L), BF, GK, JKA and STH. They are all G11. I cannot stress enough that you need to bring your GK to G11 as soon as you can, with at least a Speed of high 190's or higher and high Tenacity (at least 80%). My GK has a Speed of 193 and Tenacity of 79.6%. That's low in Arena. I'm currently finishing in the top 20 plus none of my toons have Zetas. However, Gear and Mods with speed secondaries are the difference maker. I wish I had Baze or ShT as my Tank but STH has done the job so far.

You can either go with the meta of Zaul or Rex leads with DN or do something else. Have you unlocked the Zeta challenge yet?
Old 04-21-17, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
David, my current Arena team is EP (L), BF, GK, JKA and STH. They are all G11. I cannot stress enough that you need to bring your GK to G11 as soon as you can, with at least a Speed of high 190's or higher and high Tenacity (at least 80%). My GK has a Speed of 193 and Tenacity of 79.6%. That's low in Arena. I'm currently finishing in the top 20 plus none of my toons have Zetas. However, Gear and Mods with speed secondaries are the difference maker. I wish I had Baze or ShT as my Tank but STH has done the job so far.

You can either go with the meta of Zaul or Rex leads with DN or do something else. Have you unlocked the Zeta challenge yet?
The problem with farming gear for GK is that the stun guns are kinda slow, but I've gotten some from the fleet store, and now I'm only two away from level IX. His speed (132) and tenacity (36%) are weak, though, so I'll have to farm more mods.

I have Shoretrooper but he's just one of a bunch of random guys that I have at low levels. I know Baze is tough because he's wiped me out in the arena.

I don't have the Zeta challenge. Just googled it, and it appears to be tied to the Executrix at five stars? I just got it there, so I'll see if Zeta pops up with the next mat challenge (which was today, of course).
Old 04-21-17, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
The problem with farming gear for GK is that the stun guns are kinda slow, but I've gotten some from the fleet store, and now I'm only two away from level IX. His speed (132) and tenacity (36%) are weak, though, so I'll have to farm more mods.

I have Shoretrooper but he's just one of a bunch of random guys that I have at low levels. I know Baze is tough because he's wiped me out in the arena.

I don't have the Zeta challenge. Just googled it, and it appears to be tied to the Executrix at five stars? I just got it there, so I'll see if Zeta pops up with the next mat challenge (which was today, of course).
I seem to remember that you said once that you play this game at your own pace and just do your dailies and don't want to stress about it. Correct me if I'm wrong? If that's the case, gearing any character to G11 is a pain as you already know. In the case of GK, it will put you to the ultimate test for your patience as he needs cuffs, stun guns and MK3 Carbantis to the max. However, if you are close to putting him to the next Gear level, our guild has been great in donating gear pieces to put you over the top as long as you mention it in the chat. There's no doubt about that! My suggestion will be to ask and don't be shy about it. With a decent GK, you should be able to reach Top 100 at least. You also might need to buy stun guns or cuffs through Fleet Arena whenever you can to speed up the process. Once you gear BF and GK to at least G10, you should see immediate improvement in your ranking. My next toon that I will focus in your inventory will be EP to eventually replace Rey. EP at G11 and proper mods is useful as he's able to stun the other team.
My suggestion will be to remove Lumi for QGJ and eventually GS for GK. Start using this team in GW to familiarize with their abilities. Also as you are aware I'm not as knowledgeable as some of our guild members so try asking for suggestions and they will help you especially the other David (from the guild)since he's all about Arena.

The other David (from our guild) has always stated that Arena is the most important aspect of this game and that's where your focus should be. At first I thought he was over exaggerating the importance but I realized that he was right because it's all about the crystals especially if you are FTP. You need crystals to gear and mod your characters, there's no other way around it. So if you don't want to buy your crystals, the only way that you can earn a decent amount is through Arena payout.

I know you don't care about ships but you need to build up the mods and gear of your pilots to unlock the Tier 3 of the Ship Ability Challenge. That's where you can farm Zetas. Yes, you need the Executrix at 5* and I believe 6 ships at 5* or more. This is a must! Try to build a ship (My pick will be either Biggs or Wedge since they appear most often) to 7*.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes...
Old 04-21-17, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't really understand your arena team. It has no synergy. I would put Fett as your leader to increase your burst damage from JKA and Fett, especially while Han is taunting.
Old 04-21-17, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't really understand your arena team. It has no synergy. I would put Fett as your leader to increase your burst damage from JKA and Fett, especially while Han is taunting.
Thanks for the recommendation Josh. I'm trying different things and see what works.
Old 04-24-17, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I seem to remember that you said once that you play this game at your own pace and just do your dailies and don't want to stress about it. Correct me if I'm wrong? If that's the case, gearing any character to G11 is a pain as you already know. In the case of GK, it will put you to the ultimate test for your patience as he needs cuffs, stun guns and MK3 Carbantis to the max. However, if you are close to putting him to the next Gear level, our guild has been great in donating gear pieces to put you over the top as long as you mention it in the chat. There's no doubt about that! My suggestion will be to ask and don't be shy about it. With a decent GK, you should be able to reach Top 100 at least. You also might need to buy stun guns or cuffs through Fleet Arena whenever you can to speed up the process. Once you gear BF and GK to at least G10, you should see immediate improvement in your ranking. My next toon that I will focus in your inventory will be EP to eventually replace Rey. EP at G11 and proper mods is useful as he's able to stun the other team.
My suggestion will be to remove Lumi for QGJ and eventually GS for GK. Start using this team in GW to familiarize with their abilities. Also as you are aware I'm not as knowledgeable as some of our guild members so try asking for suggestions and they will help you especially the other David (from the guild)since he's all about Arena.

The other David (from our guild) has always stated that Arena is the most important aspect of this game and that's where your focus should be. At first I thought he was over exaggerating the importance but I realized that he was right because it's all about the crystals especially if you are FTP. You need crystals to gear and mod your characters, there's no other way around it. So if you don't want to buy your crystals, the only way that you can earn a decent amount is through Arena payout.

I know you don't care about ships but you need to build up the mods and gear of your pilots to unlock the Tier 3 of the Ship Ability Challenge. That's where you can farm Zetas. Yes, you need the Executrix at 5* and I believe 6 ships at 5* or more. This is a must! Try to build a ship (My pick will be either Biggs or Wedge since they appear most often) to 7*.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes...
Thanks, Lopo! I was able to move GK from level VIII to X by farming stun guns and cuffs and buying some from the fleet store. (Plus I burned a big chunk of crystals on buying a stun gun outright.) Getting to XI will take a little more time because I need 150 cuffs. I have everything else, though. That did give me a good bump in arena to where I can knock off Wiggs teams, but not Sith or Wiggs with Lando.

I do get through dailies but also spend a fair amount of time maxing out my other free activities. Really the only stress is hitting the 600.

Unfortunately, I did have to start caring about ships. I had been using the fleet store to buy character shards but then realized I could get gear as well, so I have been building up the ships and also bumped my capital ships up to five stars to increase those rewards. I'm going to need to build them even more to actually win that zeta challenge, though. I currently have four at six stars but none at seven.
Old 04-25-17, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, Lopo! I was able to move GK from level VIII to X by farming stun guns and cuffs and buying some from the fleet store. (Plus I burned a big chunk of crystals on buying a stun gun outright.) Getting to XI will take a little more time because I need 150 cuffs. I have everything else, though. That did give me a good bump in arena to where I can knock off Wiggs teams, but not Sith or Wiggs with Lando.

I do get through dailies but also spend a fair amount of time maxing out my other free activities. Really the only stress is hitting the 600.

Unfortunately, I did have to start caring about ships. I had been using the fleet store to buy character shards but then realized I could get gear as well, so I have been building up the ships and also bumped my capital ships up to five stars to increase those rewards. I'm going to need to build them even more to actually win that zeta challenge, though. I currently have four at six stars but none at seven.
Congrats David! It's an uphill battle.

Listen, once you start approaching 50 cuffs, start farming them over at Light Side Normal battles in 8G. The drops are a little bit more generous in that battle if you have 3* them.
Old 04-25-17, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Congrats David! It's an uphill battle.

Listen, once you start approaching 50 cuffs, start farming them over at Light Side Normal battles in 8G. The drops are a little bit more generous in that battle if you have 3* them.
Good to know! I'd mostly been farming at 7-D Normal, but the price is the same so no reason not to use that one instead.
Old 04-25-17, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good to know! I'd mostly been farming at 7-D Normal, but the price is the same so no reason not to use that one instead.
Yeah, I saw it in the SWGoH forum and I believe that its true. You need to have more than 50 cuffs but, I feel like the drops are a little bit more generous. Let me know if it works in your case.
Old 05-29-17, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Today is the last day for double drops. Did you guys get anything worthwhile?
Old 05-29-17, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Today is the last day for double drops. Did you guys get anything worthwhile?

Old 05-29-17, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How's the recruiting coming along Obey?
Old 05-29-17, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Right now we are only down Mino. He said he was going to look into recruiting a replacement. I have a feeling he will be back sooner than later. I believe he is just taking a break and plans to come back. I'll keep and eye on Tickets. This weekend was a little light, but I expected that since it was a holiday weekend for many. We have a few away on vacation at the same time as well, but most said they will try and bang out their 600 each day.
Old 05-29-17, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My main concern is that the next update doesn't cause a shitstorm with people wanting to branch off or merge with another guild. The last time that happened it didn't go so smoothly.
Old 05-29-17, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw that Ahovv also left. I had him in my allies list and now he no longer has a guild.

I was talking to one of the Alliance member in my shard and their guild is not even doing HAAT. Similar situation to our SH fiasco. He's in a lower Alliance guild and they can't beat it.
Old 05-29-17, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw that Ahovv also left. I had him in my allies list and now he no longer has a guild.

I was talking to one of the Alliance member in my shard and their guild is not even doing HAAT. Similar situation to our SH fiasco. He's in a lower Alliance guild and they can't beat it.
Ahovv is on Vacation and will be back on the 9th. He dropped in case we wanted to add an alt for guild coins.
Old 05-30-17, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Double drops was a joke. I wasted a ton of energy on mods especially.
Old 05-30-17, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

It's magic!

No, you're right. My team is GK (lead), zBarriss, zNihilus, zR2, zYoda. Once I put a zeta on R2 I'm getting better at hanging in the top 20.

I used the double drops to finally get Tarkin to G11 and get Kylo but otherwise nothing special for me.
Old 05-30-17, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obey The D
My main concern is that the next update doesn't cause a shitstorm with people wanting to branch off or merge with another guild. The last time that happened it didn't go so smoothly.
After the SH fiasco, I'm not going anywhere and I'll just quit the game if the guild decides to merge again.
Originally Posted by Obey The D
Ahovv is on Vacation and will be back on the 9th. He dropped in case we wanted to add an alt for guild coins.
Okay. I didn't know that.
Double drops was a joke. I wasted a ton of energy on mods especially.
I spent a lot of crystals with the refreshes with the mod farming and didn't get anything special but at least I was able to get Rex to a decent speed (230). The 4 gold mods that dropped did not have any speed secondary and the maximum speed secondary was 10. However, I got a few 5* Speed Arrows (Tenacity and Speed) and 5* CD triangles which are always needed.
Old 05-30-17, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

This just in... https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...rs-mobile-game

From the article:
After almost 18 months since launch, EA’s Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is still the company’s top-grossing mobile game. Further, EA itself revealed that the average playing time of Galaxy of Heroes’ players is 162 minutes per day. This is impressive because the estimated average playing time on mobile games is only 24 minutes per day.

As per the April data of Sensor Tower, Galaxy of Heroes had net sales of $13 million. Take note that this $13 million estimate from Sensor Tower already deducted the 30% cut of app store owners Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL).
Old 05-30-17, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Double drops gave me a bunch of GW currency and nondescript mods.

The flash event was a big bust for me. I hadn't pre-farmed Luke so I was relegated to the second-tier battles, which gave me a lot of weak gear, and I flat-out missed a couple slots.
Old 05-30-17, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only 162 minutes? The average has really dropped since I left.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.