Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-15-17, 07:41 PM   #126
james2025a
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Well i am addicted to this game now. I am really enjoying the game, its world and the action. Had some amazing firefights. One battle in a large base had me half way through jump in a chopper take off and take on two other choppers. I end up rather quickly getting blown out of the air, but manage to jump out and on the way down my chopper hits both enemy choppers and takes them out. Phenomenal. I am gonna try a co-op this week at some point as i am sure that will be a whole new barrel of fun. Superb game. Will grab the DLC as well (probably grab the Season Pass for this, which i rarely do for games).
Old 08-16-17, 08:06 AM   #127
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Which console are you on?....

I almost regret not staying with this but like so many times before you say, "Hey...I might try this game and see how it is" and the next thing you know it's months later and you never went back with the game you were playing that's gathering dust. I really had a good time with it but never did the solo with AI; it was all co-op which the game shines on. You can play stealthy or guns blazing....just everyone needs to be on the same page.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 08-16-17, 09:08 AM   #128
james2025a

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Which console are you on?....

I almost regret not staying with this but like so many times before you say, "Hey...I might try this game and see how it is" and the next thing you know it's months later and you never went back with the game you were playing that's gathering dust. I really had a good time with it but never did the solo with AI; it was all co-op which the game shines on. You can play stealthy or guns blazing....just everyone needs to be on the same page.
I am playing on a PS4. Well i tend to generally play and prefer offline games, and for two reasons. 1. My net connection at times can be flaky. It has improved significantly in the last 12 months and i think its time i dipped my toes back into online gaming as pretty sure it will no longer be a problem. and 2. The co-op would be great with someone sat with me on the other controller, but my wife doesn't play games, my step daughter is bored in 5 mins and literally everyone else i know sucks at gaming.

But i have seriously dug the campaign so far. I can see how some people find doing some of the same things over and over repetitive, but i understand that a game has limitations and pretty much every single game ever created had you repeating things. The updates for the game seem to have helped a lot and thats a relief. But i having so much fun just scoping out sites and trying different methods of taking them down. Its one of the reasons i loved games like The Phantom Pain and Mercenaries. As long as you are willing to be open minded and try using different tactics then the replay value can be really boosted in a game like this. I get the feeling a lot of the people who get bored simply run and gun and don't even bother with stealth tactics.

If you get back online and fancy a co-op then let me know. I believe my handle is jamSpamell00
Old 08-16-17, 09:19 AM   #129
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

My friend and I still play it from time to time.
Noticed another change they made - - now in co-op mode if one guy tags supplies, everyone gets credit for it. That's something that I wanted ; it was annoying to have to follow my friend from room to room to make sure we both got everything.
Old 08-22-17, 12:27 PM   #130
james2025a

Well i have been glued to this game now for the past two weeks and its become one of those games that i spend time thinking of a lot when i am not playing it. I am around Level 25 and i have opened up a great majority of the missions and quests around the map and its daunting in scope. I have collected what seems like a massive armory and when i counted the weapon caches to still get its around 90 something. This game is gonna eat a lot of my life in the next few months. I am still having a blast with it though. I just love trying different ways to get the missions done, and some of the things that happen as a result are amazing. I seriously love this game and reading that it sold very well hopefully means a sequel somewhere down the road.

Oh, and i actually created my character to look like the Scandinavian guy from the Mercenaries game (but with dark hair). This game is very similar at times, and also this for me could easily be seen as the real Just Cause 3 we deserved and not the crap that was shit out for that title.
Old 08-22-17, 12:46 PM   #131
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

^ I would have loved this game with that fun, blow everything up attitude. This one with its "Oooh-Rah" Marines talk and strict mission parameters bugs me sometime. Still I do really enjoy playing it with my best friend and trying out different approaches when the first gets our asses killed.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 08-22-17, 03:15 PM   #132
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend

I loved blowing Rick out of the sky while taunting us in his helicopter.
Old 08-26-17, 02:36 PM   #133
james2025a

So i reached level 30 and am now using the Tier system. Down to tier 39 and its nice to see the difficulty level notched up. Proving to be a real test now and not as much running and gunning. Loving this game more and more. I keep getting side tracked from the main missions. Trying to collect all weapons, medals and documents before going on to complete.

Update: Well i am down (or is it Up) to Tier 31 and its amazing that i get killed in 1 or 2 shots compared to being able to take a fair amount of damage early on. Lucky i have the chance of resuscitation twice by my team. I am thinking that i should have completed all the main missions before getting onto the Tier system, as i am sure it will make them much harder this way. But this game is a blast and i am actually enjoying being tested.

I am considering getting the Season Pass if its on sale, but $40 seems a lot for not a huge amount of DLC at this stage. Any one have thoughts on its value for money?

Last edited by james2025a; 08-30-17 at 09:58 AM..
Old 09-11-17, 03:38 PM   #134
james2025a

So i completed it yesterday. Have completed every boss mission, every mission (except recurring reeources), collected every weapon, part and medal and maxed out all my skills. Also bolsted both my main weapons several levels. I am still only at Tier 23. I will continue to play, but not sure i could make the grind to Tier 1.

I also notice quite a number of weapons that are still unavailable. How many have come wirh DLC as this seems like a large amount (27 rifles alone)? I wouldnt mind continuing on juat to get more of those.

Superb game and cannot wait for a sequel.

Oh, and i still never managed to play a coop game. Might give that a shot.

Update: Got an email the other day that PvP Beta begins this month. That could be cool.

Last edited by james2025a; 09-15-17 at 09:53 AM..