Reload this Page >

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Old 03-13-18, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

The Narco Road DLC fucking sucks. Seriously, not one redeeming quality about it so far. They take away your teammates, so your dying constantly with no revivals. They force you to do side missions and other crap to increase your fans or followers or some shit before you can progress the story. Every single character you encounter is a bigger dumbass than your teammates were in the main game, and so on and so forth. It's just a steaming pile of hot garbage.
Old 03-13-18, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

Yeah, the game is pretty fun but the DLC is shit. I felt like such an idiot for buying the Gold Edition.
Old 03-13-18, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well shit, I haven't even tried out the other DLC packs yet. Those suck just as bad?
Old 03-14-18, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 368 Likes on 297 Posts

^^ I've read that the other DLC is better, but I was so pissed at Narco Road I didn't bother trying them myself. Overall, a fantastic game but I am pissed I sprung for the DLC.
Old 03-14-18, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I only played the Predator DLC as it sounded like the others were not all that great. Shame as this game was amazing.
Old 03-16-18, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I must really hate myself, I finished Narco Road tonight. I had the most frustrating gaming experience in recent memory the second to last mission trying to escape a prison. I shit you not, I spent over two hours replaying that fucking mission. Thank God it's finally over. Then I briefly fired up the next DLC, Fallen Ghost. Thankfully I have my squad back.
Old 03-17-18, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished Fallen Ghost today. Great way to wrap up this game (assuming they are done with season pass content). I even jumped into one match of the 4v4 mode and our team won, so that was a great way to end. Overall very happy with my experience with this one. It would have easily ended up on my top 5 last year. Funny enough I never even tried the co open mode. I'm fully on board for another one in a few years.
Old 03-29-18, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Finished Fallen Ghost today. Great way to wrap up this game (assuming they are done with season pass content). I even jumped into one match of the 4v4 mode and our team won, so that was a great way to end. Overall very happy with my experience with this one. It would have easily ended up on my top 5 last year. Funny enough I never even tried the co open mode. I'm fully on board for another one in a few years.
Since getting FC5 we started talking about other Ubisoft games mainly the Landscapes and Details and of course GRW came up and then we were saying we need to play this again...but we never did get the DLC 'Fallen Ghosts'....is this something you can jump in right away, do solo w/AI's, 2 players?

I read a in depth article saying it was a 15 Mission Campaign with taking down four new Bosses in three areas....
Old 03-30-18, 05:59 AM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked this up a few days ago and am really enjoying it. Holy shit there is a lot to do within each region if you grab weapons crates, tag food etc. how long to finish if you just grab Intel and the main guys?
Old 03-30-18, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ManfromCyrodiil
Picked this up a few days ago and am really enjoying it. Holy shit there is a lot to do within each region if you grab weapons crates, tag food etc. how long to finish if you just grab Intel and the main guys?
Can't answer because I think we only unlocked about 1/3 of the total region....there is a a lot to do and see. But we're both into the exploring aspect more than just run & gun tackle the main parts and be done thing. I wouldn't say it's like Far Cry games where there's places close together but it's just vast with no guide of A to B to C to D etc...I remember mainly giving some close locations to do sort of a intro but after that you could take your pick as to which direction but I think the North was tougher so we went West then worked down South....

By your name....I assume you're a Elder Scrolls player?....I played it for awhile...three characters with main around 230. Love the look, maps, playstyle but matchmaking with Dungeons is useless and Guilds/Clans do nothing. I tried Neverwinter and their loot, matchmaking, crafting is way better...visuals are less than ideal but still ok. Still have a friend who plays it...she's like 400+....the new Summerset coming looks good....I might venture back in but I'm spoiled by having a Companion actually does something, the VIP is half the cost of ESO and getting into Dungeons & Skirmishes are so much more fun.
Old 04-12-18, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-12-18, 12:27 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Originally Posted by mattysemo247

Was looking online and this mission is said to be ridiculously hard. Not worth the sonar goggles
Old 04-12-18, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It should be challenging, just like the Predator mission a few months ago. If it wasn't then everyone would be running around with that gear on. I did the Predator one after a few tries, so I'll give this a shot as well.
Old 04-13-18, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And done. Wasn't too hard at all, took me about an hour. The only thing that sucked was no mission checkpoints, and I kept dying on the third part trying to escape.

It's pretty damn cool that they keep adding these missions every couple months. As long as they keep it up, I'll keep coming back.

And now I really want a new Splinter Cell game. It was cool hearing Michael Ironside again after being out the last game.
Old 04-14-18, 12:53 AM
Banned - I'm a Racist

This predator side mission is ridiculous. Is it something I will have to complete eventually?
Old 04-14-18, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure the Predator event is over.
Old 04-14-18, 04:19 AM
Banned - I'm a Racist

I found it by accident last night in my game. I feel like I’ve shot him 100 times
Old 04-14-18, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

With the predator its all about timing and getting those headshots in. I got frustrated with it, but completed it after a number of tries. Would love to see an expansion on this theme.
Old 04-16-18, 01:19 AM
Banned - I'm a Racist

This predator mission is absolute bullshit. I had him green and glowing and he shoots me and then kicks me as I being revived. Fuck this. The fact that it used to be a “challenge” but is now number 6/7 missions for El a cerebra is fucking stupid. This should never be part of a mission.

I have hit him so many damn times it’s ridiculous
Old 04-16-18, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Predator mission is just bonus content. It has no story impact on the main game whatsoever and won't keep you from finishing the boss in that area. The same thing for the new Splinter Cell mission.
Old 08-08-18, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We've got back into this game and loving it again. We are now in that lower Caimanes region and just really started opening it up.....and then popped up "The Jungle Is Alive" mission....

We weren't sure but after hearing the girl talk I said..."I think this is the Predator Mission" which both of us thought you triggered at the main screen and/or thought that was a timed event. But we went ahead and of course saw they guy and of course he took us down with that stupid laser.

Is this one to stay with and play thru or best to move on and just do the main story and regions? We have a ways to go but we don't won't to sped a ton of time dealing with this but it did seem tense....and any particular tip(s) besides stay alive....we did get near a tree and ammo crate and toss out a circle of proxy mines while putting on Heat Vision. We tagged him a few times and he triggered one and then jumped in the trees.....
Old 08-27-18, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have two questions and opinions needed.....

Three of us are playing together and two us are around Tier 37 and 38; one just started Tier 50. We're sort of wondering on the difficulty as to how harder it is like a percentage each level? Say from 40 to level 38 it becomes 1% harder? Also is there a "Sweet Spot" in the Tier to stay at without becoming overwhelming...like Tier 20, 25 or 30 or????

Second is we're looking ahead as to our next adventure. We've got 110% on Security and on the Smuggling close to 95%. One wants to do Narco Road which I told her based on what I've read, no-one liked it and it fact said it was like they added a version of Saints Row to the game. I personally want a shot at Fallen Ghosts but have heard it is a challenge picking up from the main story and like a small region with multiple quests. Anyone who has played either I'd like their input.
Old 09-21-18, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ummm....fuck yeah! Statue, steelbook and season pass for $50

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-22-18, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In PS Store this week the base game is $20.00 and the Gold Year Two Edition is $48.00....

We've been playing a lot over the last 4-5 weeks but took a break to play Warframe. It is a good solid game. We haven't decided on doing Fallen Ghosts or not.
Old 01-10-19, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw this today and thought it was kinda cool. Package includes a 14 inch statue, steelbook (no game), and a few other things. Comes out next month and is currently 65% off.

https://m.us.zavvi.com/merch-statues...?rctxt=default

I also really miss playing this game. Hopefully they release some more stuff soon. The Predator and Splinter Cell content was short but fun.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.