Search this Thread

Old 10-10-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,890 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Re: Rock Band 4 (XB1/PS4, 2015)

Originally Posted by mbrunet
Could you post a bit more about this?
Sure thing!

I fired up Blitz on my PS3. I got a message saying something like "You haven't downloaded Blitz' songs to your library! Would you like to do that now?" I said 'yes' even though I absolutely had gotten those songs on my PS3. (The downloads were probably unnecessary, but I thought that might be part of the process anyway.) I kept pressing whatever prompts were needed to get to the main menu. I didn't go any deeper than that.

On the main PS4 menu, I went to Rock Band 4 -> Related Content -> Addons, and all 25 songs from Blitz were listed there (complete with the Blitz logo, interestingly).

Some of the hiccups in the PS Store have been fixed. I'm able to get Queen Pack 01 and the Doors pack that was free to day one RB3 players.
Old 10-10-15, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got notice to pick up my order (game and adaptor) from Best Buy ... sat down to play and see that my wireless mic (from the Lips game) doesn't work here .. I see USB mics work, but the usb port on the side of the XB1 is being use by the adaptor ... ugh

So, my next step is to identify my previous downloads from the 360 and download them on the XB1?
Old 10-10-15, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Harmonix confirmed that DLC announcements will be on Mondays from here on out. I'm guessing the first batch will be the Amazon preorder stuff, but I guess we'll see!
Old 10-10-15, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Things that I know are borked for me so far on the PS4:

Serj Tankian - Beethoven's C*** (listed in the Rock Band store but not in the PS store)
Blink 182 - Dammit
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames
Miranda Cosgrove - Headphones On
Stephen and the Colberts - Charlene
Also, all of the above are working now on the PS4.
Old 10-11-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 666 Posts

I got my old, wooden strat to work last night. Is it just me or does RB4 seem a little stricter with the strumming than RB3? I may need to recalibrate again but it also seemed that the "notes" seemed just a tad off with the music.

It's definitely weird to see to leaderboards or scores for yourself when you choose quickplay.

I noted that the music store is not at all accurate with what I own and what it shows I own. Lots of songs in the store that I have bought that are not showing as previously purchased. also, it gives me an option to update RB4 with my songs, states that it will take a long time to sync it and then it does nothing.

I also don't think they did much to make this release unique or special. The new strumming thing is interesting but it just makes me fuck up notes when I get out of it. It does seem like they made the "hard" difficulty harder than the last game as well. Or maybe I am just extra rusty?

Why do I see this game hitting the 20 dollar mark by x-mas...

On the other hand, Suspicious Minds and Your Love kick ass.
Old 10-11-15, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 559 Likes on 410 Posts

There is zero chance this game is $20 by Christmas.
Old 10-11-15, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I also don't think they did much to make this release unique or special.
From what Harmonix has been saying, the version of Rock Band 4 we're playing now is a foundation. I think they pared the game down to bare metal to get something out, prioritizing the most essential features. They're already doing one post-play survey where they're asking players to prioritize missing features, so I think we'll be getting some of this stuff much sooner rather than later.

As much has been lost between RB3 and RB4, I'm surprised by how little I miss that stuff. (Of course, it hasn't even been a week yet, so maybe when the blush wears off...)
Old 10-11-15, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Spiderbite;12613876]I got my old, wooden strat to work last night. Is it just me or does RB4 seem a little stricter with the strumming than RB3? I may need to recalibrate again but it also seemed that the "notes" seemed just a tad off with the music.

It's definitely weird to see to leaderboards or scores for yourself when you choose quickplay.

I noted that the music store is not at all accurate with what I own and what it shows I own. Lots of songs in the store that I have bought that are not showing as previously purchased. also, it gives me an option to update RB4 with my songs, states that it will take a long time to sync it and then it does nothing.
/QUOTE]

I've been going through the store in an effort to download the previous purchases, but many of them are not registering as previously purchased (I'm looking at you EVERY artist pack!) ... this kinda sucks, and I hope there is a fix soon
Old 10-11-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting on the exports and expired tracks is really having an effect on my enjoyment of this game. The novelty of having new songs to play via a new game is long gone and I'm ready to play the 7 games worth of songs (1-3, LEGO, Blitz, Green Day and AC/DC) that I can currently play in RB3.

The Blitz and Green Day exports are the worst offenders as the DLC is available on the marketplace, they just don't have the export licensing sorted out.
Old 10-11-15, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They've already said they are going to work all of this out. It's been a week damn you guys are impatient.
Old 10-11-15, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Questyen
They've already said they are going to work all of this out. It's been a week damn you guys are impatient.
The exports were live on the launch date for RB2 and RB3 so its not an unreasonable expectation, and its not like I'm whining because RB4 doesn't have just the right mullet/beard combo for my character. I'm talking a couple hundred songs that I wanna play. Have you played the career mode? It lives or dies by the DLC and exports and I've got my career playthrough on ice because I was already seeing the same few songs being recycled.

And it would be one thing if they were upfront about it. If they tell everyone they're still working on the LEGO export for example then I'll be reasonable. As I mentioned before, that's absolutely not the case for the Blitz and Green Day songs.

RB4 is stripped-down to the point where the only real defense is its effectiveness as a DLC/export platform and they're not exactly killing it in that category.
Old 10-11-15, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The exports were live on the previous systems but they didn't have to export to completely new hardware. I have been playing the career mode (already put probably 6-8 hours into it) and I have a couple hundred DLC songs and I've not been bothered by seeing a few songs more than once. Do you think artists in real bands play completely different songs 100% of the time?

I'm sure all these export games will come over in time. If they never come over then I'd be upset but as of right now I've got 200+ songs to play so I'm not sweating it. I'm enjoying the game and not nitpicking every little thing about it.
Old 10-11-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I finished the final tour in career mode and didn't see much repetition, personally.
Old 10-11-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Most artists don't even rehearse enough songs to play two entirely different setlists. And this pertains to RB exports how?

By my count the exports add up to 372 songs, minus whichever songs (if any) aren't relicensed for the RB3 export. That's coincidentally right around where I'm at with what I can play in the game, though I also have a noticeable chunk of delisted DLC thats unavailable as well.

Is that insignificant? Half my songs are in limbo? With no information as to whether they're gonna show up in the marketplace 5 minutes from now or 2 months from now? No, that's not insignificant at all.

And again, people who bought Green Day and Blitz DLC as individual downloads have been able to get their songs since October 2nd whereas people who almost certainly bought the entire games earlier are still waiting, and at the very least that is inexcusable.

I'm not foaming at the mouth or screaming outside Harmonix headquarters with a torch or a pitchfork but I'm not gonna be an apologist and say missing 400+ songs isn't diminishing my enjoyment of the game.
Old 10-11-15, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

And this differs from what they communicated prior to launch how?
Old 10-11-15, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Music
And this differs from what they communicated prior to launch how?
They didn't communicate that exports wouldn't be ready at launch until a day or two before the game launched. That's how it differs.

RB3 export was the only one known to be unavailable at launch actually.

Last edited by Guru Askew; 10-11-15 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-11-15, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as the songs come eventually, I'm not going to worry about it too much right now. I have 65 RB4 songs to play and get achievements for. If I need a fix of something else, I'll plug in the external hard drive where the 464 DLC songs I could download are waiting for me.

Yes, I want the rest that I own (even the de-listed ones), but it's not killing the experience for me.

The Xbox One Windows 10 Preview Dashboard, however...
Old 10-11-15, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Well, I said prior to the launch, so it doesn't differ.

Yeah, the Win 10 preview... it has some bad issues.
Old 10-11-15, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Music
Well, I said prior to the launch, so it doesn't differ.
It was after the preorder including the digital preorder that required immediate payment. It was also past the point that most physical online preorders were charged and shipped.

And they didn't really announce the exports wouldn't be ready. It was just casually mentioned during a Twitch stream. They definitely didn't go out of their way to let people know it would be the first of 6 games that didn't support all the applicable legacy DLC on day 1. And I honestly don't think day 1 exports was an unrealistic expectation. It's comparable to the Xbone launching without storage management or a battery indicator of any kind. You shouldn't have to get into the paranoid mindset where every feature you might expect needs to be specifically confirmed beforehand.
Old 10-11-15, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
They didn't communicate that exports wouldn't be ready at launch until a day or two before the game launched. That's how it differs.
Your reading of it is very different than mine.

I was really bugged by how vague Harmonix had been about certain things, including how they'd always phrased legacy DLC and exports alike as "when we make this content available". Still, they never hinted that exports would be available on day one. It took them forever to even indicate that we'd get such a huge volume of DLC available at launch. (They buried the good news too!)

While I absolutely would love to have songs from previous games available now (who wouldn't?), I can't hold it against Harmonix that they didn't hit a timetable they never promised, especially for something as unprecedented as exporting content from a previous generation.
Old 10-12-15, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tomorrow's DLC is just the Amazon pre-order bonus 4 tracks:

Old 10-12-15, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope they're just saving the big guns for stuff like GH launch week, Black Friday week etc. because that's seriously underwhelming no matter how you look at it. It also makes you wonder how long they'll milk the 30 preorder songs.
Old 10-12-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by pinata242
Tomorrow's DLC is just the Amazon pre-order bonus 4 tracks:
Yeah, I figured. Still excited about "Trainwreck 1979"!
Old 10-12-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on Harmonix! Flip the switch! Do the thing I want! Don't do the thing I don't want!
Old 10-12-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Come on Harmonix! Flip the switch! Do the thing I want! Don't do the thing I don't want!
No point in downplaying the problematic launch or making people criticizing it out to be whiners. Between the cumbersome DLC downloading, the missing exports, all the hardware/firmware problems, the glitched preorder DLC, the non-announcements of preorder DLC as the new release of the week, the adapter shortage and current bare-bones state of the overall game there's a lot to complain about.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.