Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-14, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Eh? Are you saying that because I returned Destiny? That got mixed reviews and bad reviews from major sites. This one is getting good reviews and it's LOTR.
Right, but you go off of reviews as opposed to making up you mind up first, though. At least it seems that way to me. Hey, Destiny didn't even get negative reviews - but mixed and positive and you still went ahead and returned it or traded it. Same shit, different drink.
Old 09-29-14, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So nobody should use reviews to gauge whether a work of entertainment might be worth their time? We should all buy and play every game and pay to see every movie so we can "make up our mind first"?
Old 09-29-14, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MoviePage
So nobody should use reviews to gauge whether a work of entertainment might be worth their time? We should all buy and play every game and pay to see every movie so we can "make up our mind first"?

No, but nick has a reputation around these here parts. You can read some of the comments in this Destiny thread and some don't really make sense. Lots of "jumping the gun" knee-jerk reactions to it. He's been called out before.
Old 09-29-14, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gcribbs
At 6 GB of Vram for recommended systems I think i am going to wait awhile before buying it to make sure it is playable on my system.

Do not want my poor GTX 670 to die trying to run the game.
That 6GB VRAM is only for ultra-textures. The recommended video cards (at least on Steam) are Radeon 7950 and GTX 660. It also recommends an i7 (I've only got an i5).

I'll let you know how it runs on my system if you need reassurance.
Old 09-29-14, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It also turns out that it only needs 6GB (in theory) when supersampling (downscaling) from 4k to 1080p.
Old 09-29-14, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
No, but nick has a reputation around these here parts. You can read some of the comments in this Destiny thread and some don't really make sense. Lots of "jumping the gun" knee-jerk reactions to it. He's been called out before.
I don't think that returning Destiny was really a bad move. I actually wish I had not purchased the 100 dollar collector's edition despite getting it for 80 plus tax. Anyways, I'm sure Nickdawgy will get and keep this one.
Old 09-29-14, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I don't think that returning Destiny was really a bad move. I actually wish I had not purchased the 100 dollar collector's edition despite getting it for 80 plus tax. Anyways, I'm sure Nickdawgy will get and keep this one.
Same here, bought the Limited Edition and debating if I should trade it in for $44 Best Buy credit and try to sell the unused Season Pass for $25-30. I'm not even past the point where I was in Beta for goodness sake. I realize now that deep down I didn't enjoy the Beta but got caught up in all of the Destiny hype. I've been having more fun in Warframe and hopefully will in Shadows too.
Old 09-29-14, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Sweet, checking the website I actually got an XO copy sent from Gamefly this morning, so I should have it in a day or two. With two driving games coming in the next eight days, I wasn't that excited to buy it so this is a good alternative for me. If I love it, I might do a "Keep It" or pick it up in a Black Friday sale.
Looking forward to trying it out.
Old 09-29-14, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have it pre-ordered. But, I have a 4-5 game backlog on PS4 now. So, I need to decide how quickly I will start this. I'm almost done with Transistor. Then it looks like this or TLOU.
Old 09-29-14, 11:10 AM

O/T : How is Transistor? Looks cool.
Old 09-29-14, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

PC Version is still $37.50 while on pre-order from GMG for those still looking.
Old 09-29-14, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

THIS IS WHAT'S IN THE MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR SEASON PASS

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is getting a season pass, Warner Bros. has announced.

Priced at $24.99 / £19.99, the season pass comes with three new story missions, instant access to challenge modes, a host of new runes and skins, and future content that's yet to be announced.

Of the new missions, Guardians of the Flaming Eye sees the player tackle the forces of Sauron before the Black Gate. Lord of the Hunt offers the chance to tame the legendary beasts of Mordor. While The Bright Lord allows fans to the chance to play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven King as he faces Sauron in the midst of battle.

In the unlockable challenge modes, players chase leaderboard high-scores by demonstrating their battle prowess as they hack down hordes of unforgiving enemies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...or-season-pass
Old 09-29-14, 01:46 PM

Sounds a lot like the Arkham City Season Pass.
Old 09-29-14, 02:02 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that season pass sounds like a huge waste of money to me...(still upset I spent the extra for Destiny LE)
Old 09-29-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
On video games? I'm not so sure about that.

I've played some really good low rated games and some terrible high rated ones.
Old 09-29-14, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I'd only be interested in the future DLC if it added new areas to the world, but it doesn't seem like they will.
Old 09-29-14, 06:11 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll pick this up in 7-10 business days when Best Buy replaces the gift card I used when I ordered and subsequently canceled Destiny. *grumble grumble*

Edit: Just realized that I'd miss out on the $10 gift card if I waited. I'll put the other gift card onto Arkham Knight when it arrives.

Last edited by Supermallet; 09-29-14 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-29-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Last Gen pretty much killed any interest I had in season passes. Instead of saving a few bucks you end up spending money on mediocre DLC.
Old 09-29-14, 08:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The only season pass I've gotten was for Destiny, and that was because it was included in the LE package. I never understood paying in advance for DLC. When I pre-order games I can at least cancel the order if the reviews suck. The only DLC pack I could see paying in advance for would be the Mario Kart one, because we know exactly what we're getting.
Old 09-30-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So basically I have to pay to actually fight Sauron? Dunno how I feel about that one...
Old 09-30-14, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
O/T : How is Transistor? Looks cool.
Its pretty good. There are a lot of customization options that let you play your character however you want. The story is unique and told well. The look is very noir which I think looks great. Its done by the team who did Bastion, so it has a good pedigree.
Old 09-30-14, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Meh. I'll wait for a GOTY version that will have all that DLC packed in (assuming it's any good).
Old 09-30-14, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Started playing this and it's pretty fucking fun. The controls are taking sometime to getting used to due to all the different combinations there are but gameplay-wise it's a winner. Another thing, those Orcs and Uruks are hard to kill and I haven't messed with the settings at all.
Old 09-30-14, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've failed the mission where you have to use stealth and prevent them from lighting the beacon like six times. I think I'm already done with this game. Seems way too damn tedious.
Old 09-30-14, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by flashburn
I've failed the mission where you have to use stealth and prevent them from lighting the beacon like six times. I think I'm already done with this game. Seems way too damn tedious.
Just start a new mission. You're not tied to anything here. I failed that one, as well, and after that I went ahead and played the Gollum one.

I do also want to say that this has a very Assassins Creed feel to it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.