Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-16, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

I loved this game so much. Really hoping we get an announcement trailer at E3 for the sequel
Old 02-29-16, 09:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
From a stealth position, I assume (like hanging or hiding in a bush)?
I'm usually always in the stealth position...
Old 03-01-16, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
I'm usually always in the stealth position...
Hmm, not sure why they'd be spotting you then. Maybe you're attacking too early? They change to red (I think) when they're safe to take out.
Old 03-01-16, 02:37 PM

i just don't know what to do anymore. every horde i die. even when there are 2 or 3 i can kill them no problem, but they attract friends and can't deal with them. caragors same thing. i can mount them fine, but can't stay on them to do a mission or two with them. not even sure how to get on the main mission path....

Last edited by OldBoy; 03-02-16 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-02-16, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

It's great this game still has legs... it was such an awesome play and didn't get much love early on.
Old 03-02-16, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

i just don't know what to do anymore. every horde i die. even when there are 2 or 3 i can kill them no problem, but they attract friends and can't deal with them. caragors same thing. i can mount them fine, but can't stay on them to do a mission or two with them. not even sure how to get on the main mission path....
Do you have any of the combo perks loaded? That makes a huge difference when you're in a mob when you string combo and get a extra damage boost. Forgot the move where you hit the ground and stun everyone but that comes in handy as well. Sometimes it's best to run, hide and wait it out.
Old 03-02-16, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Do you have any of the combo perks loaded? That makes a huge difference when you're in a mob when you string combo and get a extra damage boost. Forgot the move where you hit the ground and stun everyone but that comes in handy as well. Sometimes it's best to run, hide and wait it out.
yeah, i have the B-X combo where i stun them (B) and then land a series of successive attacks (X), but only if others aren't around. that and Y+B execution combo is about all i have going for me in the combat dept.

i completed one mission "Resistance" where i had to cut free 3 specific slaves and kill 3 Uruks from above. but, it literally took me like an hour because i kept sneaking and running when i got swarmed.

i don't want to give up bc i do find it enjoyable, but it is frustratingly difficult in the beginning goings...
Old 03-03-16, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So you are still upgrading, so that's good. In addition to adding the skills, keep upgrading yourself as well because that should help a lot.
Old 03-03-16, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
So you are still upgrading, so that's good. In addition to adding the skills, keep upgrading yourself as well because that should help a lot.
how do you keep upgrading yourself?
Old 03-03-16, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

how do you keep upgrading yourself?
Maybe that was a confusing way to put it. I mean that there's the Abilities menu that lets you add executions and stuff like that, but there's also the Attributes tab that increases your health, your focus, and your arrow capacity, and also lets you use your runes once you start earning them by killing captains. I assume you're doing this already, but when I was earning points, I was boosting my health as much as I could.

Also, I assume you're using stuff like the explosive tanks. Those can help clear out a crowd in a hurry.
Old 03-03-16, 08:40 PM

Yeah doing all that. I hope to get the hang of it someday. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-16, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So sad....

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Producer Michael Forgey Passes Away

Monolith Productions’ Michael Forgey, who worked on games like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and Gears of War, has passed away after a year long battle with cancer. Forgey’s family announced the news of his death yesterday, stating that he passed away on March 3 at 3:15 am after initially being diagnosed in May 2015.

In December, Monolith appealed for help and donations to help Forgey cover his medical expenses as well as support his three children. A note on the campaign’s page by his family thanked everyone for their support.

Mike passed away yesterday, March 3 at 3:15 am. His last few days were peaceful with his family by his side. Mike was so touched by everyone’s support during his fight. His family wants to thank everyone for their kind words and support during this difficult time.

This is incredibly sad news, and our thoughts are with Forgey’s family and loved ones.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...v-passes-away/
Old 03-07-16, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 03-08-16, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

What's the deal with the caragors? You probably can't do formal missions with them. They're mostly for riding and creating havoc. Ride into a pack of bad guys, slice them up, then have the caragor eat them to finish them off.
Old 03-08-16, 07:43 PM

I dunno. I appreciate all the help. But I'm just not getting anywhere. Every mission I try for I get swarmed and killed. I guess I just don't have the knack for this game. Going back Dishonored
Old 06-17-16, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

I just got this game on sale for $8 from the PSN store. And I suck at it, like, really really bad.

I got through the opening stuff, but the very first encounter, against 4 orcs, I died twice. Don't know what the heck I'm doing. They just swarm around me. I try to hit the counter button when it pops up, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe because I'm pointing at the wrong guy, I don't know.

I want to give this game a chance, but I'm thinking if I died twice at the very first encounter, then I'm just putting myself in for a world of hurt continuing on.
Old 06-17-16, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I just got this game on sale for $8 from the PSN store. And I suck at it, like, really really bad.

I got through the opening stuff, but the very first encounter, against 4 orcs, I died twice. Don't know what the heck I'm doing. They just swarm around me. I try to hit the counter button when it pops up, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe because I'm pointing at the wrong guy, I don't know.

I want to give this game a chance, but I'm thinking if I died twice at the very first encounter, then I'm just putting myself in for a world of hurt continuing on.
I'm really bad at gaming and I still was able to finish this game. Spend some toms doing side quests and leveling up a bit and it'll be a bit easier.
Old 06-17-16, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Did you play any of the Arkham games? The combat engine is the same so that helped me adapt, but if you didn't, that could make for a slower adjustment.

The game is tough in the early going against multiple enemies, no question. As mhg said, it helps if you spend time building up your skills on side quests and solo enemies. I loved it once I got past that initial hump.
Old 06-17-16, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

LOL, I can't do side quests if I can't kill the first 4 orcs!

But no, I haven't played any of the batman games yet. I did just get Arkham Knight cheap from redbox, so I'll try that out.
Old 06-19-16, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by joeblow69
LOL, I can't do side quests if I can't kill the first 4 orcs!

But no, I haven't played any of the batman games yet. I did just get Arkham Knight cheap from redbox, so I'll try that out.
That is tough, but there are some activities you can do like finding runes and herbs that will give you points without fighting, and using stealth mode will help you find isolated orcs. Really the key is avoiding getting swarmed as much as you can help it. Stealth killing helps that a lot.
Old 06-20-16, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

At the very beginning this game can be challenging, hell even later on its challenging, but the progression of the character and practice really pay off big. By the time i had completed the game i could take on hordes of orcs without any problems.

Its a seriously fun game and i still go back to it from time to time. The fight mechanics never get boring. I will pick up a second game in the series day one.
Old 06-20-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
I will pick up a second game in the series day one.
I shocked we haven't seen a sequel, a 2.5, 3 expansion packs, a mobile game and a minecraft-inspired spinoff yet. they must have been caught off guard by the game's success.
Old 06-22-16, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by redbill
I shocked we haven't seen a sequel, a 2.5, 3 expansion packs, a mobile game and a minecraft-inspired spinoff yet. they must have been caught off guard by the game's success.
I'd be all in for a sequel or any expansions. As I've mentioned, I played the DLC a ton, which is fortunate because I bought the season pass on sale before I even started the game.
Old 01-25-17, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finished it today and really a good solid game thru out. The combat mechanics were really good and fun....almost like Batman type. All the neat stuff to play with...Shadow Strike, branding Orcs, riding the Caragors, the stealth part and open combat....all seemed to mesh together. It's a real shame nothing has come up about a sequel as without giving away much...it's in place for one. It might not have the great visuals and "Eye Candy" compared to other games but made it up tremendously with game play. A fun ride....
Old 01-25-17, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

This and FC4 were some of the best games of 2015... both deserve a proper sequel.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.