*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Normal time tonight? (10pm ET)
I will be there at 10pm EST and would like to do the NF and PoE 32.
Old 06-09-15, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
I will be there at 10pm EST and would like to do the NF and PoE 32.
If Ice and I are already running with someone enter our chat anyway. There's usually always at least two or three groups from here running them on Tuesdays. Our group just happens to be the one that laps the others.
Old 06-09-15, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To the more casual of us Destiny players, this thread reads like Chinese.
Old 06-09-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Ice and I are already running with someone enter our chat anyway. There's usually always at least two or three groups from here running them on Tuesdays. Our group just happens to be the one that laps the others.
Sounds good, thanks! I will have to figure out how to join a regular ps chat without joining the fireteam.
Old 06-09-15, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
in regards to your question about best Vanguard/Faction weapons ... since the expansion hit I have sat on maxed out Vanguard marks and haven't found the need to purchase any vanguard or faction weapons
not sure what have the best default rolls/perks but the decision of what is good or not will be dependent on your playstyle and what you think is important as a perk

I do like the allFATE pulse I've had drop and I've heard the Dead Orbit Deadshot Luna scout with full auto is ok

this link may help save you from running around
http://planetdestiny.com/house-wolves-vendor-weapons
Thanks.

I guess the older Vanguard and faction weapons are gone? I had a Dead Orbit machine gun that I liked and would have kept had I known that leveling it to 365 and re-rolling it would be a thing. Same for the LDR.

I did get a Deadshot Luna, but I deleted it. Didn't look terribly interesting since I can't be bothered with non-elemental primaries.

I was just looking to throw on a faction's mark/armband and see what drops...thought one of them might have something worth pursuing.
Old 06-09-15, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Last night IB was mostly successful for me. Got my Titan and My Hunter to level five. Got the Warlock to level 4 and decided sleep was better than another etheric light. Cashed in some of the my shards to get glimmer to buy all the gear for all 3 classes skipped out on the weaopns since there was nothing that made me salivate. I've gotta go through the postmaster and sort weapons gained from IB and chests. I've got a Hawkmoon and another Truth sitting there amongst all the IB prizes.

I passed on PoE last week since the helmets were all dumb and I hate having even more strength.

So I now have all level 34 characters (Ascended boots on all 3 characters to get there)- and have 2 etheric lights (will probably ascend the Fatebringer and the Black Hammer) I am down for some Nightfalls and some Prison of Elders. I'll probably be interested in the higher level PoE also and the weekly eventually.
Old 06-09-15, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to chess ......

yeah, most of the faction/vanguard weapons are gone
some stayed such as Red Hand

you cannot re-roll pre HoW weapons (other than Iron Banner weapons) so you did not miss out there ... you can only ascend them
some people still held old 300 damage weapons that could be e-lighted to 365

you are not missing out on much of anything with your current strategy
however I know there are some decent weapons that drop in Crucible (which I know you don't do)
Old 06-09-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Thanks.

I guess the older Vanguard and faction weapons are gone? I had a Dead Orbit machine gun that I liked and would have kept had I known that leveling it to 365 and re-rolling it would be a thing. Same for the LDR.

I did get a Deadshot Luna, but I deleted it. Didn't look terribly interesting since I can't be bothered with non-elemental primaries.

I was just looking to throw on a faction's mark/armband and see what drops...thought one of them might have something worth pursuing.
Some of the older weapons are still around, but some have been (sadly) retired.

The old DO machine gun, Deviant Gravity-A is gone. It's been replaced with a new one, that isn't quite as good, but is decent. Their old shotgun is gone too, and the new one is about the same. Their rocket Launcher is still the same as before, and still pretty good. I like the Luna, with full auto the thing is twice as fast as a VOC, but the impact really stinks.

I was never a fan of any FWC gun before, and still feel that way now.

Then there's New Monarchy. They used to have the best auto rifle of any faction, but it was replaced with a piece of crap. Their hand cannon, Red Hand IX is pretty good, but when you have a Fatebringer, there's not much of a point. Their old crappy machine gun was replaced with a new one that is pretty damn good. They have a great shotgun, the Judgment VI.

Your problem of course is if you're just doing it and waiting for drops, it's going to be a while before you see results, and without crucible marks, you won't be able to buy anything from them. That being said, the only thing I've bought from any vendor since HOW came out is a DO Rocket Launcher, which was strictly for Crucible use due to the roll it has (Tripod and Proximity).
Old 06-09-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll been sitting on almost 30 bounties tonight for our NF runs...just in case.
Old 06-09-15, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness
Last night IB was mostly successful for me. Got my Titan and My Hunter to level five. Got the Warlock to level 4 and decided sleep was better than another etheric light. Cashed in some of the my shards to get glimmer to buy all the gear for all 3 classes skipped out on the weaopns since there was nothing that made me salivate. I've gotta go through the postmaster and sort weapons gained from IB and chests. I've got a Hawkmoon and another Truth sitting there amongst all the IB prizes.

I passed on PoE last week since the helmets were all dumb and I hate having even more strength.

So I now have all level 34 characters (Ascended boots on all 3 characters to get there)- and have 2 etheric lights (will probably ascend the Fatebringer and the Black Hammer) I am down for some Nightfalls and some Prison of Elders. I'll probably be interested in the higher level PoE also and the weekly eventually.
Good deal on IB! That last day buff must be pretty solid, haha.

If I can run PoE 32 tonight after NF and get the armored core boots, I will get my character to level 34. Then I will work on upgrading some more weapons. Already have Hawkmoon, VoC and Patience/Time maxed. Just need an Etheric Light from the nightfall to max my FB.
I also need a good heavy weapon.
Old 06-09-15, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I got all three characters to Level 5 and bought all the Etheric Light I could. The alt buff helps a lot.
Old 06-09-15, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also need a good heavy weapon.
You mean like The Truth? Thunderlord? Corrective Measure? Hunger of Crota? I have all of those. Am I missing one? Please, anybody, help me out here.
Old 06-09-15, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You mean like The Truth? Thunderlord? Corrective Measure? Hunger of Crota? I have all of those. Am I missing one? Please, anybody, help me out here.
yeah, I could go for one of those...or one that starts with a G...can't quite remember the name
Old 06-09-15, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, I just finished POE on 35 with my Warlock. Got my 3rd ship, and 2 Elder Ciphers. As it turns out, this is a bug, and I will only be getting one weapon from it. But still, Lord Of Wolves, here I come!

Soloed the Nightfall on my Warlock, got a legendary special weapon engram. Turned into a crap sniper.

If I can't get 1 exotic shotgun, at least I can get the other.

Oh, and if you ever wondered what Trials Of Osiris would feel like with full matchmaking, you can now play Elimination outside of TOO. Have fun with complete strangers and lack of coordination!

Last edited by TheKing; 06-09-15 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-09-15, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brutal night.

3 nightfalls gave 2 crap purple guns and 10 coins.
A 35 PoE gave no weapon drop and a garbage rocket launcher from the glowing dumpster.
1 normal and 1 hard Vault of Glass gave a helm and a Mythoclast and otherwise all shards/energy
1 normal and 1 hard Crota's End gave a chest and a helm and no guns...at all.
Old 06-10-15, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The drops were pretty bad all around this evening it seems.

My 3 Nightfalls were:

Legendary Engram (Special) - Crappy Sniper
Legendary Engram (Heavy) - Crappy Machine Gun
Ice Breaker #10 (I think)

I fared a little better in prison of elders. After getting the Cipher on 35, I got the queen's cipher on 32 to get to the "wait until it's ready" phase of the bounty. Also landed another scout rifle from the chest.

Did 3 Judgment Chances today, and got 3 items I didn't have: The hand cannon, and helmets for my Warlock and Titan. The Warlock got all Discipline, while the Titan got Discipline and Strength.

But by far the biggest drop of the night for me had to be my connection to Destiny. I can't tell you how many times I got weaseled or babooned out of the game tonight, but it was ridiculous. I couldn't even stay in party chat for very long. So it has to be something on my end, but not sure what.
Old 06-10-15, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My NFs resulted in a shitty purple, 12 coins, and an Obsidian Mind with a craptastic roll. Hope everyone is ready for another week of HM Corta/VOG AKA "Lets Get Killer a Gally".

Also, while the treasure chest was a cool idea, what's the point when it drops absolute shit?
Old 06-10-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

crappy NF rewards as well but then I really don't know what would be considered good anymore at this point

- legendary engram that turned into The Frenzy pulse (already had)
- Ice Breaker (already have 3)
- new Hunter exotic bug gauntlets (will never use)
Old 06-10-15, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
crappy NF rewards as well but then I really don't know what would be considered good anymore at this point
Etheric Light would be nice. Got one on the very first HOW NF and since then I've gotten none.
Old 06-10-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah, I guess I should have said other than e-light
I would have gladly taken 1 e-light over anything I got combined
Old 06-10-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, ELs are definitely the best NF reward for most of us now.
Old 06-10-15, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nothing good from the NF or the PoE 32 chest however the armored core did get my hodgepodge of armor up to level 34. hooray!

As we all learned yesterday, I simply don't have the heavy weapons to take on some of the higher level bosses.

I am very happy with my primaries, Hawkmoon, Fatebringer and VoC.

The only notable secondary weapons I have is Patience & Time (which I bought).

Heavy weapons - nothing. might as well be throwing rocks.

So I think I need to jump on the VoG/Crota bandwagon to try and get some better weapons.

Oh, I also ran the solo Crota's End to the first loot chest and got....drumroll please.....ascendant shards. I wonder how many times the guy had to run it before he got the exotic and two legendaries in the video he put on youtube.
Old 06-10-15, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nothing good from the NF or the PoE 32 chest however the armored core did get my hodgepodge of armor up to level 34. hooray!

As we all learned yesterday, I simply don't have the heavy weapons to take on some of the higher level bosses.

So I think I need to jump on the VoG/Crota bandwagon to try and get some better weapons.

Oh, I also ran the solo Crota's End to the first loot chest and got....drumroll please.....ascendant shards. I wonder how many times the guy had to run it before he got the exotic and two legendaries in the video he put on youtube.
They patched the first chest a long time ago. Thee only thing you can get from it are shards or energy.
Old 06-10-15, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the first chest on Crota's End only drops radiant shards or radiant energy
when it was first rolled out it could drop other items (exotics) but they moved those drops to the Ir Yut encounter which previously had no drops

hope you haven't been expecting other drops from that first chest

ps. you can also check the first door for the chest and continually wipe until the chest appears there (as noted by the small orangeish/yellowish light above the door)
though I guess now if you are a 33 or 34 it shouldn't be too hard to get past all the hive which previously used to rip you to shreds at 32 and under
Old 06-10-15, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We'll get you there. I really think I was a little premature in calling out your rocket launcher. The first couple of runs against the boss were poorly executed on my part, putting everyone in harms way.

When we went from the opposite side, the boss went down like he should. Gjallarhorn lets you make mistakes and recover, but there's ways around it. That being said, it can't hurt to have better weapons, and with Iron Banner out of the way there should be time for Crota and Atheon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.