Battlefield:hardline

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-14, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Battlefield:hardline

BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE LEAKS THANKS TO BATTLELOG UPDATE
The first title not handled by DICE.

The next Battlefield title will be Battlefield Hardline, according to a new Battlelog update.

According to the supporting artwork and logo seen on the site, the police-themed BFH will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC and will once again support Battlefield Premium.

If today's information blast is correct, this will be the first Battlefield game not handled by creator DICE. Instead, dev duties have reportedly been passed to Dead Space dev Visceral Games. The project is internally being referred to as "Havana".

Other information that appears to have been posted ahead of schedule includes four classes (Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator and Professional), a multiplayer map (called Downtown), and modes called Blood Money, Bomb Squad and Carrier Assault. Unsurprisingly, a beta is also mentioned. Battlefield Daily also managed to get hold of some in-game awards:

It's looking likely we'll be seeing a full reveal at EA's E3 press conference in less than a fortnight. As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ttlelog-update
Old 05-27-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Re: Battlefield:hardline

Didn't they, like, specifically say that there wouldn't be a new Battlefield game every year?
Old 05-27-14, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I thought they mentioned a 3 year cycle or something between Battlefield, Titanfall, and Battlefront (replacing Medal of Honor).

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-says-ea-exec/
Old 05-27-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They expect people to buy a new Battlefield game this year?
Old 05-27-14, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
They expect people to buy a new Battlefield game this year?
If the gameplay is different enough than I don't see the problem. Different developers too.
Old 05-27-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE CONFIRMED FOR FALL 2014

The cops-and-robbers shooter is scheduled for release in fall 2014, according to an article on EA's blog (cached here). Executive producer at developer Visceral Games Steve Papoutsis wrote, "The game launches this fall and it’s a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals."

Papoutsis added, "we’re excited to be going into more detail soon on the ways we’re adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer and more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player."

More will be revealed during EA's E3 press conference on June 9 at 12pm Pacific.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...-for-fall-2014
Old 05-27-14, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Visceral Games= gonna be awesome
Old 05-27-14, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this is just a remake of Payday 2 using the Frostbite engine I am assuming?

All this reeks of is EA stealing a play from the Activision playbook and going to have multiple developers rotate Battlefield releases every year. However, Battlefield 4 left a bad taste in everyone's mouth due to the ongoing issues. With all the FPS shooters coming out in the fall, EA really has to impress me to jump on board.
Old 05-28-14, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE CONFIRMED FOR FALL 2014

The cops-and-robbers shooter is scheduled for release in fall 2014, according to an article on EA's blog (cached here). Executive producer at developer Visceral Games Steve Papoutsis wrote, "The game launches this fall and it’s a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals."

Papoutsis added, "we’re excited to be going into more detail soon on the ways we’re adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer and more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player."

More will be revealed during EA's E3 press conference on June 9 at 12pm Pacific.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...-for-fall-2014

I did a survey through Swagbucks about 5 months back about the artwork and title for this game... they also used Call of Duty and GTA as the title, so I didn't officially know it was for a Battlefield game. Kinda cool that I had some small input on this, and now it's coming to light.
Old 05-28-14, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Can we get an updated version of 25 to Life? We poured hours into that online back in the day on the PS2.
Old 05-28-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cool concept for a Battlefield game. I'll be curious if it strays from the Battlefield formula of large combat areas, vehicles, etc. Also not so sure about Visceral. BF4 got a lot of shit but I thought it was pretty outstanding and DICE has done a great job with the series these last generations.
Old 05-28-14, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
If the gameplay is different enough than I don't see the problem. Different developers too.
Neither of those are my issue. Slapping the Battlefield name on a game this year while the general public's perception of the last one is still "broken and unplayable" is not the best move. I hope it works for them though.
Old 05-28-14, 10:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

gameplay trailer leaked, EA keeps taking it down though

looks incredibly fun and a huge change from war gameplay
Old 05-28-14, 10:45 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/dD88IxunZ5c?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/dD88IxunZ5c?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 05-28-14, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Damn! I want to see the trailer. Why release a trailer to then not release it?
Old 05-28-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

No, screw that. I know its a different developer but BF4 is still totally broken. They should've had Visceral assist Dice in fixing that. Instead they are allowing them to constantly work on DLC. BS. Not buying it.

Last edited by starseed1981; 05-28-14 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-28-14, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
No, screw that. I know its a different developer but BF4 is still totally broken. They should've had Visceral assist Dice in fixing that. Instead they are allowing them to constantly work on DLC. BS. Not buying it.
Last fall was interesting as fans turned against both DICE and Infinity Ward once and for all after the issues with Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. While Ghosts was never a broken game, Activision allowed Neversoft and Raven to partner with IW to fix (some of) the issues fans had with the game. I still think Ghosts is the worst Call of Duty since Call of Duty 3, but there are some interesting aspects to it (Extinction).

On the other hand, Battlefield 4 is just a piece of shit. I am glad I didn't buy Premium and sold it before the launch of Titanfall. I still can't believe it's broken seven months after release, but then again, look at Sim City. It took eleven months for EA to begin to attempt to fix the game by releasing offline mode.

I do think it's ballsy that EA is "rushing" a Battlefield game after the vocal response of the last entry. If they want to get back into our good graces, give us Bad Company 3. Either way, this game is going to get its ass handed to it by Destiny, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and whatever Microsoft has up its sleeves with Halo this year.
Old 05-28-14, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I feel like i'm the only one who didn't have any major problems with Battlefield 4 and enjoyed it immensely. Maybe playing on PC helped.
Old 06-09-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bumping this since the beta isn't just on PS4, and I signed up for PC.

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta
Old 06-10-14, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I feel like i'm the only one who didn't have any major problems with Battlefield 4 and enjoyed it immensely. Maybe playing on PC helped.
Agreed, I thought it was a real return to form, although there were definitely some issues with hit detection. Never stopped me from topping the scoreboards though.

Hardline looks interesting, I signed up for the Beta as well but no invite yet.
Old 06-11-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Looks like they are planning on this 1080p/60fps for both consoles: http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-ha...ps-on-xbox-one
Old 06-11-14, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just got the beta invite for PC. Neat.
Old 06-11-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Looks like they are planning on this 1080p/60fps for both consoles: http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-ha...ps-on-xbox-one
Fun confirmed.

Spoiler:
But really, that's pretty big news for XB1.
Old 06-12-14, 12:02 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Got the beta, but haven't messed with it yet. Will check it out later today after work.
Old 06-12-14, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awful game
I had more fun in my worst game of Blacklight Retribution

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.