Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Video Game Books Discussion Thread

Old 12-09-18, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Video Game Books Discussion Thread

Speaking of, there's another $5 off coupon out now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12419611-am...=sticky-missed

Amazon offers $5 Off Books (shipped and sold by Amazon) on purchases $20 or more (exclusions apply) when you apply promo code GIFTBOOK18 at checkout.
Old 12-09-18, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought this one a couple years back. Itís by Pat Contri whoís known for his YouTube channel Pat the NES Punk along with contributions from other reviewers. Itís a really nice hardcover book thatís almost like a school text book in size reviewing all the games from the NES. Heís also coming out with a Super Nintendo book.
Old 12-13-18, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not video game related, but since it's the Christmas season I'll toss this out there. We just read it tonight, this book is fantastic if you are a fan of the movie.

Amazon Amazon
Old 12-26-18, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

At my family's gift exchange I got the Super Mario Encyclopedia I mentioned previously. Looking forward to looking through it.

And my copy of Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive Volume 2 arrived last week. I'll probably skip Volume 3, since I'm not a big fan of the PS2+ era games.
Old 12-26-18, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post

This book is fantastic. Read it a couple years ago. It goes all the way from pinball machines in the 30s up though the PS2 generation, IIRC.

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post

I bought this one a couple years back. Itís by Pat Contri whoís known for his YouTube channel Pat the NES Punk along with contributions from other reviewers. Itís a really nice hardcover book thatís almost like a school text book in size reviewing all the games from the NES. Heís also coming out with a Super Nintendo book.
Just wanted to say that both of these books are very good. The NES book is a bit pricey but worth it, it's high quality. Looking forward to his SNES book.
Old 01-08-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Jason Schreier's Blood, Sweat, and Pixels is $2.99 on Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Sweat-Pixels-Triumphant-Turbulent-ebook/dp/B01NAKSWW1/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546962578&sr=8-1&keywords=blood+sweat https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Sweat-Pixels-Triumphant-Turbulent-ebook/dp/B01NAKSWW1/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546962578&sr=8-1&keywords=blood+sweat