Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Madden 15 -- Coming August 26th

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-14, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Madden 15 -- Coming August 26th

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, that looks terrible. What is he doing anyway? Saying "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"?
He's playing press coverage--chucking the WR at the line. But with no WR there's no context, and it looks pretty ridiculous. Eh, it's a cover.

Gotta say though, Madden surprisingly looks good this year. I still can't believe they didn't implement True Step for all 22 players on the field this year, but I am big on presentation and they really stepped their game up this year.

Definitely looking forward to the release.
Old 08-15-14, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-DL0W9AUCuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-16-14, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I mostly did MUT last year, so I'll probably get the Ultimate Edition this year. Looks like it has some pretty good perks.
Old 08-26-14, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

8.7 from IGN.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...-nfl-15-review
Old 08-26-14, 06:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know if a last gen review can be found online? I searched and turned up nothing. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to take the next gen plunge with Madden, or just buy it for the 360 and hold off from going next gen
Old 08-26-14, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't seen any yet, might be useful to keep an eye here to see if any pop up though - http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/madden-nfl-15
Old 08-26-14, 06:37 PM

Considering I'm going to buy FIFA 15 as well in mid September, I think I'm going to take the plunge finally. That white PS4 Destiny bundle is tempting...
Old 08-26-14, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Just got the PS4 version. Traded my Madden 25 360 version and got $7.70 for it. I'll try to make some time to play it this weekend.
Old 08-26-14, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nasesco417
Considering I'm going to buy FIFA 15 as well in mid September, I think I'm going to take the plunge finally. That white PS4 Destiny bundle is tempting...
Pretty sure you won't regret that. I'm super happy with my new PS4 after being an Xbox guy for a long time.

Can't wait for Destiny and FIFA too!
Old 08-26-14, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Pretty sure you won't regret that. I'm super happy with my new PS4 after being an Xbox guy for a long time.

I did it. Now a 2 week wait to play Madden lol
Old 08-27-14, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

Way better than Madden 25.
Old 08-27-14, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by astrochimp

Welcome to the PS4 group Astro! I already have the Ultimate Edition of Fifa pre-ordered and I'll send you a friend request tonight.
Old 08-27-14, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Welcome to the PS4 group Astro! I already have the Ultimate Edition of Fifa pre-ordered and I'll send you a friend request tonight.
Thanks!

I have the exact same pre-order
Old 08-27-14, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone get the disc version for Xbox One? How long did it take to install? Mine took 30 minutes before I could start the game and then an hour later it still wasn't fully installed. I just left it running and when I came back six hours later it was fully installed. Seems a little excessive. I don't have many other games so I don't know if this is the norm.
Old 08-27-14, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I have so far played one game, and I am biased against Madden, but I have the same complaints as every other time I play the game.

There is zero impact to the tackles. Even a hit stick tackle does not give me any kind of satisfied feeling. Very blah on that.

Forced animations make players awkward to control. I never feel like the players are doing what I want them to do.

If I catch the ball with more than 5 yards before the sideline, why is my guy running out of bounds almost every time? It is extremely frustrating how I can't turn up and run down the sidelines. I'm not talking two yards. There is significant distance between where I'm catching the ball and the sideline.

Maybe I need to play a tutorial because my timing does seem to be off. I swear I am lining up a hit stick perfectly, or timing it for a good hit, but it rarely works.

This is a problem every football game I played, but play action is still a horrendous choice. You're way too likely to get sacked compared to real football games.
Old 08-27-14, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Football games have gotten way less fun as they have evolved over the years to become more "realistic" - I can't think of the last time I actually enjoyed a Madden game. In fact, the last football game I truly thought was fun was probably Tecmo Super Bowl on the Genesis.

The collision animations on the commercials I've seen for this Madden look absolutely ridiculous.
Old 08-27-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by loneranger
Did anyone get the disc version for Xbox One? How long did it take to install? Mine took 30 minutes before I could start the game and then an hour later it still wasn't fully installed. I just left it running and when I came back six hours later it was fully installed. Seems a little excessive. I don't have many other games so I don't know if this is the norm.
Did it have to download an update? I'm getting mine today, and it's been so long since I've played a One game that I completely forgot about the install time. Ugh.
Old 08-27-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Clothesoff
Football games have gotten way less fun as they have evolved over the years to become more "realistic" - I can't think of the last time I actually enjoyed a Madden game. In fact, the last football game I truly thought was fun was probably Tecmo Super Bowl on the Genesis.

The collision animations on the commercials I've seen for this Madden look absolutely ridiculous.
I hate to be a broken record and bring up 2K5, but at least in that game when you landed a solid tackle, it felt solid. This game never feels like that.
Old 08-27-14, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Did it have to download an update? I'm getting mine today, and it's been so long since I've played a One game that I completely forgot about the install time. Ugh.
I'm not sure. The only other game I have on disc is Forza 5 and I don't think that took too long to install.
Old 08-27-14, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

If anybody is interested, a group of us DVD talkers will be starting a Madden 15 Connected Franchise league in December (this gives everybody a chance to pick up the game when it goes on sale around Black Friday). We've have a Madden 25 league going right now on PS3, we just started our fourth and final season. Feel free to join us, we always welcome more human opponents. This will be the Connected Franchise - Owner mode, you will have complete control over the team. We don't play with the teams current roster, instead we put all of the players into a draft and you get to select your team. The time commitment is one game a week, but we tend to play faster than that (and if you're last, you will be harassed till you play). Think it over, you have a few months till we start it up.
Old 08-27-14, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
If anybody is interested, a group of us DVD talkers will be starting a Madden 15 Connected Franchise league in December (this gives everybody a chance to pick up the game when it goes on sale around Black Friday). We've have a Madden 25 league going right now on PS3, we just started our fourth and final season. Feel free to join us, we always welcome more human opponents. This will be the Connected Franchise - Owner mode, you will have complete control over the team. We don't play with the teams current roster, instead we put all of the players into a draft and you get to select your team. The time commitment is one game a week, but we tend to play faster than that (and if you're last, you will be harassed till you play). Think it over, you have a few months till we start it up.
Do you have keepers into the next season or total carry over? Ps4 I presume?
Old 08-27-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
Do you have keepers into the next season or total carry over? Ps4 I presume?
No keepers, starting fresh with Madden 15. PS4.
Old 08-28-14, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
Picked up Madden15 (PS4) this week and I'm interested but I've been away from the Madden series for a long time.

What is Connected Franchise Owner mode? Do you actually play the games or just coach and let the AI run the called plays? Do you and your human opponent have to be in the game at the same time to play a game? How long does it take to play a game?

Thanks
Old 08-28-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
Picked up Madden15 (PS4) this week and I'm interested but I've been away from the Madden series for a long time.

What is Connected Franchise Owner mode? Do you actually play the games or just coach and let the AI run the called plays? Do you and your human opponent have to be in the game at the same time to play a game? How long does it take to play a game?

Thanks
Connected Franchise Owner Mode gives you complete control over your team, from playing the games, to scouting, drafting, free agents, ticket prices, moving the team, building new stadiums, trades, pretty much everything. You play your games just as you always would. You will play a handful of human opponents depending on the schedule, most of your games will be against the computer. A game typically takes about an hour to play. We use a smart phone app called Voxer to organize the weekly schedule, set up head to head matches and general shit talking (ok, mostly it's shit talking).
Old 08-28-14, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, thanks Sauce. Let me get a few games in vs the AI and see how I do first, lol. What difficulty do you play on for the league?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.