Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Originally Posted by fujishig
1300 in PVP is crazy for most people now that they changed the way shields work.
This is true. I really wanted the lady thor blue progression cover in this last PVP and it cost me about 1.5K HP in shielding and all color AP boosts to get to 1300. That would have been below 1K before the cooldowns.
Old 01-15-15, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But you run into the wall of fully covered 166 teams sooner since they aren't scoring as high which makes progression rewards doubly unachievable. I see Ladyparts Thor and Xforce at 400-450 when it used to be 600-650 points.
Old 01-15-15, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,121 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Oh, if you don't have some maxed three stars at this point you're basically completely screwed. I hear that there's some kind of sharding to protect them in PvP, but once that runs out, what are your options?

PvE is easier with a lower-leveled team due to scaling, but that gets you some random three or four star covers, none of which will be useful until you collect a bunch of them. Meanwhile you can't hang on to them because of time limits and having to pay for roster spots. And with what seems like 5000 3*s out there now, with more every other week, good luck getting lucky enough to pull 10 or more covers for one guy.
Old 01-15-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, if you don't have some maxed three stars at this point you're basically completely screwed. I hear that there's some kind of sharding to protect them in PvP, but once that runs out, what are your options?

PvE is easier with a lower-leveled team due to scaling, but that gets you some random three or four star covers, none of which will be useful until you collect a bunch of them. Meanwhile you can't hang on to them because of time limits and having to pay for roster spots. And with what seems like 5000 3*s out there now, with more every other week, good luck getting lucky enough to pull 10 or more covers for one guy.
I think that if you want to make the transition to 3* now, a relatively competitive alliance helps a lot. I also think that it can make sense to buy covers you need with HP over a roster slot.
Old 01-16-15, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I havent been playing much lately but i thought id give it a shot again with the current Dr Doom PvP. I got a few wins in and then my 3* team got beat by OBW/Ares. sometimes the computer gets very lucky.
Old 01-16-15, 11:43 AM

I got beat in the Doctor Doom PvP by OBW a low level hulk and a lvl 65 doom because she kept alternating purple and blue and by the time I dropped her my lvl 140 cap 94 Ares and 65 Doom had nothing left. Vicious bitch under computer control. I think she is the most useful character in the game.
Old 01-16-15, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I havent been playing much lately but i thought id give it a shot again with the current Dr Doom PvP. I got a few wins in and then my 3* team got beat by OBW/Ares. sometimes the computer gets very lucky.
Sometimes? Sometimes?

I often go after low hanging fruit on my way to the wall of Xforce/Thor. Even if I avoid the more dangerous combos (OBW+Thor/Ares) there are many, many times when the endless cascades do me in. I think one time the computer cascaded into four match five crits. PvE is even worse.

And then there's the time when you're whittling away at the last computer player and they pull out some random team up that at the very least damages all your players right before they go out.

2* Thor + 2* Wolvie is also scary, because you need to watch both red and green (on the bright side, they both have those colors so they won't save up, but if you take down one or the other you have to make sure they're not close to Call the Storm or Adamantium Slash). Ares+Thor isn't that scary because of the color overlap, and because Ares will use that Green right away, so as long as you prioritize Thor it should be ok (though Ares will always take a chunk of health). 2* Mags and 2* Storm are a great offensive team (you can probably take down anyone with the right board) but because it takes tile placement, sucks on defense.

My policy now is if I'm going after OBW I bring my own OBW and prioritize purple/blue (this is similar to my strategy against Hood). Still vulnerable to a lucky cascade but there's no way you can leave her for later. If my OBW is injured, I skip, just not worth the risk.

Last edited by fujishig; 01-16-15 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-16-15, 12:36 PM

They made good on the support ticket I sent in when points weren't counting and wifi didn't work! I just got for free:
Deadpool red
Elektra purple
Patch green
Loki black
!!!!!!
Old 01-17-15, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by danfindlay
I got beat in the Doctor Doom PvP by OBW a low level hulk and a lvl 65 doom because she kept alternating purple and blue and by the time I dropped her my lvl 140 cap 94 Ares and 65 Doom had nothing left. Vicious bitch under computer control. I think she is the most useful character in the game.
She is the most useful support 2* by miles (she is better than a number of 3* characters), but she isn't even a top 15 character. Once you make the full transition to 3* characters, you won't use her much at all. But you will get more milage out of her than any other 2*. True healing really hurt her utility. Before that, I would say that you could find a use for her even on a developed 3* team if you didn't have Hood.
Old 01-17-15, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sometimes? Sometimes?

I often go after low hanging fruit on my way to the wall of Xforce/Thor. Even if I avoid the more dangerous combos (OBW+Thor/Ares) there are many, many times when the endless cascades do me in. I think one time the computer cascaded into four match five crits. PvE is even worse.

And then there's the time when you're whittling away at the last computer player and they pull out some random team up that at the very least damages all your players right before they go out.

2* Thor + 2* Wolvie is also scary, because you need to watch both red and green (on the bright side, they both have those colors so they won't save up, but if you take down one or the other you have to make sure they're not close to Call the Storm or Adamantium Slash). Ares+Thor isn't that scary because of the color overlap, and because Ares will use that Green right away, so as long as you prioritize Thor it should be ok (though Ares will always take a chunk of health). 2* Mags and 2* Storm are a great offensive team (you can probably take down anyone with the right board) but because it takes tile placement, sucks on defense.
You are going to love Loki's green skill when you get that.
Old 01-17-15, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I do have a single Loki green, and yeah it is pretty cool, especially on defense; problem is it'll take forever to get more greens, unless I buy them, and then I actually have to level him up.

In a PvP today, they used that Loki switch move as a team up and cascaded three crits, all of which landed on matches. In that game they literally got off 9 criticals before I was able to wipe them out with LThor left and down to under 500 life.

Last edited by fujishig; 01-18-15 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-21-15, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

All events under versus have disappeared for me on Android. Anyone else getting the same?
Old 01-21-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

Nope. No issues on my end.

Got 2 squirrel girl covers from the last PVE.
Old 01-21-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

I'm up to nine fully leveled 3*s and am starting to pay for it. I did a fair amount of smart grinding in the latest PVE, ended up with just under 100k for my score and barely got a single Squirrel Girl cover due to the group I was in. With PVP events, there was a long stretch where I could always hit 700 without too much effort, but lately, once I get over 500, I start getting pounded down by teams with multiple maxed 4*s. It's killing the fun of the game.

I've also had at least 6 matches that I got no points for since the latest update, both in PVE and PVP. I'll win and it'll show the points being added to my score on the transition screen, but when I get back out, I'm still at the original score. If I've noticed it that many times in less than a week, I'm sure it's happened more than that. It's the first time I've ever seen it happen in PVP. I'd think I was getting beaten by someone else while I was playing a match, but the score doesn't move at all and there's no one to retaliate against, which makes me think it's the same glitch that I've definitely seen in PVE. Just annoying.
Old 01-21-15, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by T-bone22
All events under versus have disappeared for me on Android. Anyone else getting the same?

Happened to me to. I had to restart my tablet twice but I got everything back.
Old 01-21-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just had my entire team of 3* level 127-140 guys be destroyed by a single level 125 hulk with incredible luck, haha.
Old 01-21-15, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I just had my entire team of 3* level 127-140 guys be destroyed by a single level 125 hulk with incredible luck, haha.
Did you proc his anger? If Hulk has five black, he's incredibly dangerous even if not max leveled, because if you cascade him and don't kill him that turn, anger's gonna fill the board with green. I usually leave him for later since on his own, he's not a heavy hitter, and save up some heavy damage powers to take him out.
Old 01-21-15, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

yup, rule of thumb for me is leave hulk until last to take out.
Old 01-22-15, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Not to beat a dead horse, but is anyone else having problems with not getting points from won matches? I woke up early and had some time, so I played through all 17 nodes for The Hunt: Florida this morning, paying careful attention to the points I received. For 4 of them, I didn't receive points added to my sub-event or main event totals, despite the little animation after the match making it look like I did. I got the little checkmarks showing I'd beat them and the individual rewards for beating them, and my heroes kept the damage they took from them, but no overall points were added for them. It's pretty annoying.
Old 01-22-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yeah, i left Hulk for last and was trying to build up my heavy hitting powers but was having shit luck while he was getting endless green cascades. I could have probably killed him right away with my hulk's red power but there were more than 10 green tiles on the board and i didnt want to injure my own team. it was pretty funny
Old 01-24-15, 12:08 AM

I don't care about Squirrel Girl so I abandoned ship on the PvE and went back to work on my season x 10 pack. I should get it in a couple days.
3* Blade black
3* Doctor Doom black
3* Groot/Rocket blue in the last couple days.
Old 01-24-15, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My only concern with squirrel girl was that I wanted a 3* thor cover. I quickly abandoned that. My friend finished fourth yesterday in the Captain Marvel event with a score of 420 Crazy, I had 399 and was like 191.
Old 01-24-15, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk God

i got my 3rd squirrel girl. i'm only grinding the pve so i can get my last 3* thor cover. right now i'm sitting at 8th.
Old 01-25-15, 12:11 AM

Just got done with PvP for the night so I checked in on the PvE. I was close to the 8k token reward so I claimed it and got a 3* Human Torch, my 7th cover for him. Well worth it.
Old 01-25-15, 12:41 PM

Won a Squirrel Girl from the Groot/Rocket PvP, came in exactly 100th so I could push for a second in the PvE if I feel like it.

Season X Heroic 10 pack time:

2* Human Torch red
3* Captain America red!!!!! YES!
4* Elektra red!!!!!
2* Storm green
3* Spider-man purple useable, but it IS Spider-man
2* Ares red
2* Daken blue
2* Moonstone purple
2* Captain Marvel yellow
2* Thor red

Two Great covers and 0ne OK.

EDIT: That was my 12th cover for Cap, just need one more red and he will be perfect!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.