DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/617731-marvel-puzzle-quest-dark-reign.html)

Deftones 02-02-14 11:06 AM

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Mod Edit: why not join the dvdtalkers alliance? There are plenty of slots left if you are willing to pay for additional space (cost will be somewhere between 1100-2000 hero points depending on when you join). The benefits of a big alliance are worth it, imho. Reply below if you are interested. -Groucho

I am and I'm addicted as hell to it. I know they nerfed a bunch of shit and people are pissed off, but I'm still playing it. I'd like to add some friends via facebook so I can get more gifts and send gifts. I've only got 1 friend as of this point. If anyone playing it and wants another friend, feel free to PM me so we can link up accounts. Thanks.

mhg83 02-02-14 10:59 PM

re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

I was so stoked till i read it was "free" to play. Really wish they'd offer a pay version with everything unlocked. I'll just stick with PQ2

fumanstan 02-02-14 11:29 PM

I'm playing. I'm on the second mission, with Juggernaut still. Been playing for a couple weeks now and enjoying it quite a bit in my spare time.

Deftones 02-03-14 09:44 AM

Dont' let the F2P scare you off. I've progressed quite a bit without paying a dime, but you have to be willing to grind the hell out of the game. I have some pretty solid characters.

fumanstan, if you want to link up, PM your facebook stuff and we can send each other gifts when you get them. it is helpful to stock up on iso and boost.

Groucho 02-03-14 09:49 AM

It's pretty fun. Beats "Candy Crush Saga" and the like.

Seems to me that the F2P element only becomes necessary if you want a big roster of heroes, but maybe I'm missing something.

Deftones 02-03-14 10:28 AM

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

if you want a big roster quickly. i've got 18 different guys and that is from not paying a dime. also if you want to level up quickly with their skills, then pay. grinding away allows you to slowly build your characters.

Groucho 02-03-14 10:37 AM

I reached a point where the cost to expand my roster exceeded the amount of hero points I was getting for free.

fumanstan 02-03-14 11:01 AM

I'm only at 8 guys, and so far it hasn't seemed that easy to earn points to open new slots. I've spent $5 on the game that I used towards new roster spots, but that money was thanks to Google Opinion Rewards which has been giving me free Play credit over the last few months. I feel bad having to sell off guys that I want to keep, even if they were kind of lame versions of other heroes (Dark Avengers Hawkeye and Dark Avengers Black Widow).

Obi-Wanma 02-03-14 11:13 AM

Dark Avengers Hawkeye is actually Bullseye, is he not?

fumanstan 02-03-14 11:20 AM

Yup.

Rob V 02-03-14 11:55 AM

Is this on the iPad or just Facebook?

Groucho 02-03-14 11:58 AM

It's on iPad. It's also on Steam.

fumanstan 02-03-14 12:02 PM

And Android. :p

Deftones 02-03-14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 11999117)
I reached a point where the cost to expand my roster exceeded the amount of hero points I was getting for free.

if you opened up all "quests" make sure you go back and replay all the ones that have hero points. also, grinding some of the events will get you some decent points as well.

Deftones 02-03-14 12:54 PM

I take it back. I lied. I don't have 18 characters. I have 12 and have enough hero points to open up 2 more. I thought I had more, but if I were to open up the characters i have not recruited yet, it would put me at 16.

Raul3 02-03-14 04:23 PM

Downloading now. Hopefully I'll be fine.

fumanstan 02-03-14 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Raul3 (Post 11999581)
Downloading now. Hopefully I'll be fine.

If we don't hear from you then we'll know something terrible must have happened due to downloading the game :(

mhg83 02-04-14 08:21 AM

Downloaded and have played a few times. Pretty fun. How do you earn gold coins and purple crystals? I've done 4 battles and didn't get any coins from winning. What do you get from winning battles?

maxfisher 04-10-14 07:25 PM

So are people still playing this? I noticed that they've started having events where alliances can rank and earn rewards. Any interest in one for dvdtalkers? Was thinking about starting one if people would participate.

fumanstan 04-10-14 08:02 PM

I'm still playing it a lot.

fujishig 04-10-14 08:34 PM

Hey, I'd be interested in an alliance! My roster is basically two stars that I'm trying to max and getting more 3 * packs (so I'm not that high level).

Deftones 04-10-14 08:36 PM

I still play it. Quite frequently. I'm all for a DVDTalk alliance. I'd ditch the one I'm in no problem. I'm the one who is getting those other assholes free shit. :lol:

Trevor 04-10-14 08:57 PM

I'll join if the extra numbers will help you all, but I'm pretty much done with match3 games. I'm trevor88 in gamecenter.

Groucho 04-10-14 10:41 PM

I'll join a DVDTalk alliance. Are alliances cross platform?

Gambit 04-10-14 11:46 PM

Can this be sideloaded onto a Kindle Fire HD?