Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PC Gaming Thread

Old 11-24-23, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 782 Likes on 575 Posts
Re: PC Gaming Thread

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Unfortunately they don't sell it in stores anymore. I got an official one off ebay. The third-party dongles are cheaper and most of them probably work fine, but I paid a few bucks more for an official one. Mine came in official packaging and I'm pretty confident it is legit.

I would first try to update the firmware on the controller and see if that improves the Bluetooth reliability. It looks like there is a new update since I last tried Bluetooth. Go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/...ess-controller and follow the "Update on PC" instructions.
I downloaded the Xbox accessories app and updated the firmware. I'll try it out later on today to see if it works.
Old 11-24-23, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 782 Likes on 575 Posts
Re: PC Gaming Thread

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I downloaded the Xbox accessories app and updated the firmware. I'll try it out later on today to see if it works.
I just tried it and it stopped working about 10 minutes in. The light in the middle didn't start blinking and lose connection the light in the middle stayed on, but it switched to the keyboard I pulled the battery and plugged in.