Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-16, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Press Y to equip (xbox). Or something - look at the bottom of your screen for the commands.
You can't equip dogmeat with any random dog harnesses or muzzles - that's what he was asking. Only certain types - just keep killing enemy dogs and try to equip dogmeat with their items - you'll eventually find some that will be allowed.
Old 01-20-16, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,095 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
You can't equip dogmeat with any random dog harnesses or muzzles - that's what he was asking. Only certain types - just keep killing enemy dogs and try to equip dogmeat with their items - you'll eventually find some that will be allowed.
Okay. Thanks. It's weird that there is no way to know what is allowed. And I assume you just have to have it in your inventory and then you hit Y like liver said? I just have never seen any option to equip my guys with anything I owned. Only to transfer it. I must be overlooking something.
Old 01-20-16, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

Yeah, anytime I killed an attack dog I would just pick up their gear and try to equip it on dogmeat.
Old 01-20-16, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by funkyryno
Can any PC players recommend some good mods?
I'm usually the big Bethesda mod guy, but Fallout 4 never grabbed me. I guess I'll wait in the wings for the next Elder Scrolls installment.
Old 01-20-16, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by funkyryno
Can any PC players recommend some good mods?
True Storms is very awesome.

Vivid Fallout (Landscapes & Rocks) for better textures.

Enhanced Blood Textures

More Where That Came From for much more music on Diamond City Radio

Better Item Sorting for grouping inventory into categories

You can sort by top files on NexusMods and browse till your heart's content. There are so many little tweaks, chances are you'll find some that will relieve you of any annoyances you may have.
Old 01-21-16, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
How do you clothe your companions? I found all kinds of dog armor for Dogmeat and all I can do is transfer it to him to carry.

Also, is there a way to tell how much of a load your companion can handle? I just keep giving them stuff until it says they can't carry anymore.
Once you transfer the item to them you will notice at the bottom of the screen it should say Euip (and i think its Triangle for PS4). Whenever my suit gets damaged i make sure to go repair it and also repair the chicks at the same time. Not sure how much it helps as the Companions appear to be indestructible, but every bit helps i guess.

Last time i played it a few nights ago i did the mission to recapture the castle and went head to head with that giant Mudcrab thing. This was a case of having a couple of nukes ready to go was a blessing.

Wanting to play this game a lot more, but the wife has been moaning that spending too much time on the PS4. Life was so much simpler when i was single.
Old 01-21-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T-bone22

Enhanced Blood Textures

You can sort by top files on NexusMods and browse till your heart's content. There are so many little tweaks, chances are you'll find some that will relieve you of any annoyances you may have.
I agree many of the tweaks are very nice but the bigger mods must wait for the release of modding tools ... "early 2016" is what was said. It will be a while yet. In the meanwhile, many of the tweaks make a great improvement.
Old 01-22-16, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by T-bone22

Enhanced Blood Textures

Thanks, I'll take a look. I was looking at the mods for crafting and building settlements and there are lots of cool tweaks available. I'm looking for a single mod, though, that makes significant changes to the game, rather than downloading a whole bunch of small changes.

I'd gladly pay Bethesda good money for some DLC that significantly updates the settlement system.
Old 01-22-16, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, there's not such a mod. Also, don't install several mods at the same time. Try one or two. And see if you like them. And then try another couple.
Old 01-22-16, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I made the mistake of buying Witcher 3 before I finished Fallout 4. Now I find myself not wanting to play Fallout 4 any more. I prefer Witcher 3 by a long way.
Old 01-25-16, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I finally finished this to my satisfaction thanks to being snowed in for a few days. Good enough, but not fantastic. I am glad to move on.

The new companion system was nice, as was the power armor variants/mods. The new crafting/component system would have been marvelous if you could craft more than mods/selttlements. They should have nixed the endless grind quests. The main and side quests were pretty good, though.

Weird how many mannequins are evidently in the Boston area.
Old 01-26-16, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have now put a bunch of hours into this and currently level 32. I only realized on Sunday that i had hardly touched the main quest so decided to get back onto that. With the power suit, armor and weapons i currently have any fight i have is very one sided. I had to take on the Courser (?) last night and the characters made it sound like it would be a tough battle. He took maybe a 5th of my energy away before getting defeated. With the sword i use, perks to strength and melee mean it is giving serious damage every time i hit. Most raiders now die in one hit.

Its certainly got me more interested, and its a great game, i just don't feel its that much different that Falout 3. Having a similar cityscape with a hardly a change in landscape limits it. I think this is why i prefer Skyrim type games.
Old 01-26-16, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,095 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
I have now put a bunch of hours into this and currently level 32. I only realized on Sunday that i had hardly touched the main quest so decided to get back onto that. With the power suit, armor and weapons i currently have any fight i have is very one sided. I had to take on the Courser (?) last night and the characters made it sound like it would be a tough battle. He took maybe a 5th of my energy away before getting defeated. With the sword i use, perks to strength and melee mean it is giving serious damage every time i hit. Most raiders now die in one hit.
What difficulty are you playing on?
Old 01-26-16, 12:31 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With every Bethesda game there comes a point when you pause the game and raise the difficulty. Happens every time. If you are steam rolling the game do yourself a favor and do this. As much fun as mowing people down is, it can take away from your enjoyment when you stop being tactical and just walk into every situation blindly.
Old 01-26-16, 01:18 PM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Good idea. I'm at that point now where I need to raise the difficulty, as combat isn't even fun anymore. Even Deathclaws don't even give me pause (level 32 right now).
Old 01-26-16, 04:19 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
With every Bethesda game there comes a point when you pause the game and raise the difficulty. Happens every time. If you are steam rolling the game do yourself a favor and do this. As much fun as mowing people down is, it can take away from your enjoyment when you stop being tactical and just walk into every situation blindly.
This was very sound advice, which I took, and was glad I did.
Old 01-27-16, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
What difficulty are you playing on?
Playing it at the normal setting. If it asked to choose difficulty setting i cannot remember, but probably at the beginning. Every game i buy i always play at normal setting. I usually dont have time go go back and play games on higher settings and playing games on easy settings defeats the purpose and ruins the game if you ask me. I would love to have the times to test myself on higher settings of some games.
Old 01-27-16, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Thats actually a really good point. I am enjoying the game and the stories, but the fighting now just seems time consuming and not taxing at all. I think i will do excatly what you say to give that aspect more life.

By the way, will raising the difficulty give higher XP?
Old 01-27-16, 09:36 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
Thats actually a really good point. I am enjoying the game and the stories, but the fighting now just seems time consuming and not taxing at all. I think i will do excatly what you say to give that aspect more life.

By the way, will raising the difficulty give higher XP?
no but you get more legendary enemies and better loot...
Old 01-27-16, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Really enjoying this game at the moment, still so much to explore and find even after completing the main story.
Old 01-27-16, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I raised mine to hard, doesn't seem much harder
Old 01-27-16, 11:23 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
I raised mine to hard, doesn't seem much harder
That's what...

Actually I did too but I noticed right away. First place I went I had a super mutant, a feral ghoul and a blowfly all chasing me at once (yes, I was backing up as fast as I could).
Old 01-28-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not had a chance to play the game for a couple of days now, but going to try and up the difficulty. Super Mutants at the beginning gave me a hard time. At this point they are not much more than raiders. Maybe 2 hits to kill most Super Mutants. A few more to hit the legendary ones, but even then the amount of damage i take is minimal.

When last i played it i had created the transporter and beamed into the Institute. Looking forward to picking up from this point.
Old 01-28-16, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Visit an area with Veteran Raiders and decide from there.

You are not supposed to die every 5 minutes. Or every fight to be challenging, specially after Level 20 or so. But if Veteran Raiders, several of them at the same time, are not challenging, then yeah, you have to up the difficulty.
Old 01-29-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well i have fought pretty much everything i think up to this point in the game and the only thing that does serious damage to me is the Nuke Suiciders. And even they don't kill me, just knock a tonne of energy off. When i started playing the game i dumped the exo suit within about an hours play (it had been a while since playing the last game and i didnt think it was that important....how wrong i was). I was getting my arse kicked and then realized what a mistake i had made. Maybe now i could try playing the game without the suit and just leaving it at one of my homes. That would certainly make things more interesting. I have got the perk to be able to fast travel whilst over burdened so it certainly helps to an extent.

Gonna play this weekend though and will try that and adjusting difficulty.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.