Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout 4

Old 06-03-15, 06:59 PM
  #101  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,486
Re: Fallout 4

I loved everything about the previous two games, including the combat system, the environments, and the color scheme. Hope they don't change much.
MoviePage is offline  
Old 06-03-15, 07:07 PM
  #102  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Matthew Chmiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 13,263
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
I loved everything about the previous two games, including the combat system, the environments, and the color scheme. Hope they don't change much.
Matthew Chmiel is offline  
Old 06-03-15, 07:20 PM
  #103  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 38,815
Re: Fallout 4



Spoiler:
slop101 is offline  
Old 06-03-15, 09:19 PM
  #104  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
covenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,880
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Dan View Post




Personally, my experience with F3 and F:NV on 360 were pretty decent (only a few of the random errors... and a few randomly floating dead bodies... but otherwise, no game-breaking bugs for me), but... yeah... You're probably right.

edit to add: but a friend of mine had the exact opposite experience, also on 360. I don't think he was ever able to finish the game.
I was speaking more to the mod community than bugs. Every version Bethesda game has it's fair share of bugs.
covenant is offline  
Old 06-03-15, 11:17 PM
  #105  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 29,086
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
I just wish they'd do away with the combat system they had in the past two games. Talk about tedious.
Uh no. Just no fucking no.

VATS was the best part of the game.
nickdawgy is offline  
Old 06-03-15, 11:34 PM
  #106  
gamer for life
 
foxdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 7,848
Re: Fallout 4

Fallout 3 is one of the greatest games of all time. I have faith this will be amazing.
foxdvd is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 03:00 AM
  #107  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 18,539
Re: Fallout 4

Yep, I hope Fallout 4 is just like the last two games.
DaveyJoe is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 07:10 AM
  #108  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
redbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Shirley, MA
Posts: 1,591
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Yep, I hope Fallout 4 is just like the last two games.
except that this one actually works on Playstation.
redbill is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 08:10 AM
  #109  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,585
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
VATS was the best part of the game.
And even if you didn't like it it was completely optional and you could play through the game as a conventional shooter.
Groucho is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 09:10 AM
  #110  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Posts: 18,931
Re: Fallout 4

I absolutely love VATS. Haters gonna hate.

Last night, I decided to play the beginning of Fallout 3 for the first time since playing it WAY back in 2008/2009. It holds up well, and IMO, looks great. Blowing enemies' heads off with VATS never gets old.
Dan is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 10:07 AM
  #111  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 38,815
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
And even if you didn't like it it was completely optional and you could play through the game as a conventional shooter.
VATS was fine, but not using it didn't make it like a conventional shooter at all.
slop101 is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 10:17 AM
  #112  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I absolutely love VATS. Haters gonna hate.

Last night, I decided to play the beginning of Fallout 3 for the first time since playing it WAY back in 2008/2009. It holds up well, and IMO, looks great. Blowing enemies' heads off with VATS never gets old.
I thought it looked ugly even back for it's time I really need to rebuy this on PC to give it a go again.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 11:43 AM
  #113  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,303
Re: Fallout 4

Another vote for VATS. I love that system.
mndtrp is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 05:40 PM
  #114  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,018
Re: Fallout 4

I think I used VATS maybe once in my entire playthrough of Fallout 3… during the part where they introduce VATS. I played a stealthy sniper, though.
Breakfast with Girls is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 06:28 PM
  #115  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 9,129
Re: Fallout 4

I used VATS but really only for headshots.

Looking forward to F4. Hopefully this year.
edstein is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 06:34 PM
  #116  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 29,219
Re: Fallout 4

VATS is awesome - even Justin Beiber thinks so:


Why So Blu? is online now  
Old 06-04-15, 07:10 PM
  #117  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,192
Re: Fallout 4

Add me to another who loves VATS.

I loved Fallout 3 and was just eh with New Vegas. I wasn't sure why but NV just didn't grab me like 3 did.

I will definitely get this but I may wait until it drops in price and there have been 57 different updates.

"Save often!" was my motto with these games.
Spiderbite is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 07:35 PM
  #118  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11,463
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Add me to another who loves VATS.

I loved Fallout 3 and was just eh with New Vegas. I wasn't sure why but NV just didn't grab me like 3 did.

I will definitely get this but I may wait until it drops in price and there have been 57 different updates.

"Save often!" was my motto with these games.
That's what makes these games break immersion when you have to constantly save. I hope the Fallout 4 or the next Elder Scrolls finds a way to make saving easier/better.
mhg83 is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 08:37 PM
  #119  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,350
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
That's what makes these games break immersion when you have to constantly save. I hope the Fallout 4 or the next Elder Scrolls finds a way to make saving easier/better.
I wish games would let you use the share button for a quick save. It would take less than five seconds to hit share and then an assigned save button. I use share a lot to save screens and videos to upload.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 06-04-15, 11:14 PM
  #120  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
covenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,880
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
I hope the Fallout 4 or the next Elder Scrolls finds a way to make saving easier/better.
F5 is pretty quick and easy.
covenant is offline  
Old 06-05-15, 03:15 AM
  #121  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 18,539
Re: Fallout 4

Did you guys not know about the quicksave function?
DaveyJoe is offline  
Old 06-05-15, 07:54 AM
  #122  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,192
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by covenant View Post
F5 is pretty quick and easy.
Where is that on my controller again?
Spiderbite is offline  
Old 06-05-15, 08:18 AM
  #123  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
rocketsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,500
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Where is that on my controller again?
Don't blaspheme your PC overlords.
rocketsauce is offline  
Old 06-05-15, 02:10 PM
  #124  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
covenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,880
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Where is that on my controller again?
Top row on a keyboard, your shit out of luck with a controller.
covenant is offline  
Old 06-05-15, 03:58 PM
  #125  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11,463
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I wish games would let you use the share button for a quick save. It would take less than five seconds to hit share and then an assigned save button. I use share a lot to save screens and videos to upload.
This could easily be done via an controller update. Make two options:
1. Quick press brings up share options
2 hold down for quicksave
mhg83 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.