Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by foxdvd
where do you see your play time?
I see it on my saves
Old 11-16-15, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

I don't like how I constantly have to quicksave in this game. If you forget and you've traveled pretty far - sorry about your luck.

It pisses me off but no enough to talk bad about the game or anything.
Old 11-16-15, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where do you see your play time?

Oh, and the Lone Wanderer perk...full 3 levels, if you run without a companion it gives you 100 extra pounds of weight, 30% damage reduction and 25% bonus damage. A strong, if not one of these strongest, perk if you want to run by yourself..but it seems that dogmeat does not count as a companion, you keep the bonus when you use him...this might be a glitch, and they might patch it out, but for now this makes it one hell of a perk.
It says how much time you have on a save before you load it. Or if you are on PC you can go by Steam played time, but that obviously includes time paused.

If not for the Dogmeat (glitch?) thing, I'd say Lone Wanderer is not worth it, unless you just hate playing with a NPC. Which is understandable since the companions do some fucktarded things. I've died so many times because they stand in a hallway and don't let me out. You get plenty of damage absorption and (at least) 100lbs of carry weight from having a companion just to start with, plus there are perks to make them better (but still fucktarded).
Old 11-16-15, 03:09 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found my playtime...my last few saves were quicksaves and autosaves which do not show playtime...

I am at 29 hours, at level 28....I did not know I had played that much.
Old 11-16-15, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Crazy that you are only level 19. Not sure if it's me going high Luck for Idiot Savant (and now also Int, since that combo is actually the best for XP gains), but I'm level 35 at 36 hours in.

Having Idiot Savant trigger 5x XP on a mission turn-in is so awesome, sometimes that's enough XP for two entire levels.
Thanks, I'm so used to a level cap I totally ignored that perk, but in this game it seems pretty worthwhile.
Old 11-16-15, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by astrochimp
New to FO. Level 7. Only decent weapon is short laser musket.

I can't seem to clear the enemies in that Corvega plant. Been all over it and I can't find anyone else to kill. Love to get it done cuz the frame rate in that building is brutal.

Edit: Got it done. Missed a lower area.
I was iffy on Codsworth as a companion over dogmeat, but he earned his keep on this mission.
Spoiler:
I wish I knew when I started that you only need to kill the leader. I cleared off the roof and outdoor area, then went in through second floor door and had a heck of a time dealing with the raiders in there. Went back out side and used the lower door and went down to the lower area you mentioned, sent Codsworth in ahead and he took out the leader and ended the mission (even though there were several raiders still running around).
Old 11-16-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
I was iffy on Codsworth as a companion over dogmeat, but he earned his keep on this mission.
Spoiler:
I wish I knew when I started that you only need to kill the leader. I cleared off the roof and outdoor area, then went in through second floor door and had a heck of a time dealing with the raiders in there. Went back out side and used the lower door and went down to the lower area you mentioned, sent Codsworth in ahead and he took out the leader and ended the mission (even though there were several raiders still running around).
Spoiler:
Jared, in the water treatment plant.
Old 11-16-15, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I really hope they add in the ability to sort by weapon types in your inventory and storage. It's gotten so annoying I'm gonna make separate weapon crates in my workshop.
Old 11-16-15, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hoarder!
Old 11-16-15, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

I'm about 12 hours into it and I finally encountered a trader so I could sell stuff (located by Walden Pond). Am I missing something obvious? This seems like the first RPG I've played where there wasn't some kind of store at the beginning of the game. I have a tool box filled with chunk, armor and weapons but no where to ditch it.
Old 11-16-15, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by funkyryno
I'm about 12 hours into it and I finally encountered a trader so I could sell stuff (located by Walden Pond). Am I missing something obvious? This seems like the first RPG I've played where there wasn't some kind of store at the beginning of the game. I have a tool box filled with chunk, armor and weapons but no where to ditch it.
I ran into a trader right away at Abernathy Farms.
Old 11-16-15, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 557 Likes on 408 Posts

You should be scrapping all that stuff anyways not selling it. Unless it's like some high level stuff. 99% of what you find is better used as scrap.
Old 11-16-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Man, I wish the gameplay timer had some sort of cut off while standing idle. I've fallen asleep a couple times over the 4 - 5 hours I've played the game and now my in-game time is like 17 hours.
Old 11-16-15, 11:35 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

35 hours now...game is fantastic.

I was not a fan of the perk system at first, but I am really enjoying it now. I also wish I had put more into Luck early on. I have spent 4 levels now leveling up luck, because some of these perks are amazing.
Old 11-16-15, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I was at least 9 or 10 hours before I found a trader, but it turns out the only stuff I sell is stuff that there is made up of really common stuff that I won't need to build anything. I mostly use the traders to buy radaway, occasional stimpacks, and bullets when I'm running low with the various caps I find around. I am a total hoarder (in games) naturally, and the crafting system in this game just feeds that since so much of the junk has a use.
Old 11-17-15, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

took me a while to find one too, Diamond City was my first.

Transfer junk to a workshop where you do most of your crafting. I mostly only sell weapons and armor I don't want.
Old 11-17-15, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

35 hours now...game is fantastic.

I was not a fan of the perk system at first, but I am really enjoying it now. I also wish I had put more into Luck early on. I have spent 4 levels now leveling up luck, because some of these perks are amazing.
Did you find the "you're special" book? It's in your old house where your kids room used to be. It allows you one extra point in one of your abilities.
Old 11-17-15, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
I really hope they add in the ability to sort by weapon types in your inventory and storage. It's gotten so annoying I'm gonna make separate weapon crates in my workshop.
Rename your weapons, adding the ammo type before the name so they'll be grouped together (i.e. change "My Handgun" to "10mm My Handgun").
Old 11-17-15, 09:35 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,186 Likes on 837 Posts

I'm only about 3 hours in now, but I'm loving it. Although my plan was to stick to the main quest for as long as possible, I think I'm going to do some side stuff for awhile, just to level up.

I think the dialog structure is fine. It's more like Life is Strange, where the options hint at what the character is going to say, but instead of having it written out, she speaks it instead. I'm cool with that. It's a little more ambiguous than what some people want, but I don't think it hurts the game.
Old 11-17-15, 09:46 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Is there an easy way to tell on the map if you've been to a location or not? Other than selecting it to see if you can fast travel of course.

I find myself getting sidetracked often in the game. When trying to walk to a new location, I will see new location icons pop up on the compass and I'll go searching after those to discover them.

Also (spoilers in case someone hasn't found this group/location yet.

Spoiler:
I seem to have done something to piss off the covenant. I discovered their location and passed the test to be allowed I. I did investigate some caravan issue while in there. I went to do a few other quests and when I returned to their location, there was a caravan they were fighting and they attacked me. I ended up killing them all and now I'm using their location as my own compound. I put up a recruitment beacon and have 2 people there already.

I hope I didn't cause me to miss out on some cuter event or quest. But they were out to kill me so I had to defend myself.

Also I have a glitched quest it seems. I can't get it to progress. I met Ness and she wanted me to meet her at a crash sight. I get there and she's present, though the marker isn't on her. It's slightly behind her in another location. I went to it and to her and pressed A to talk to her. She won't talk to me to let me do whatever needs to be done
Old 11-17-15, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dan
I think the dialog structure is fine. It's more like Life is Strange, where the options hint at what the character is going to say, but instead of having it written out, she speaks it instead. I'm cool with that. It's a little more ambiguous than what some people want, but I don't think it hurts the game.
Last time I'm going to complain about the speech system (for today at least), but I'm guessing you've never played another Fallout game then?
Old 11-17-15, 10:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

About 20 hours in, no where near the main quest and I've managed to avoid crafting until now.

Until now. I've now got the bug hard and am going back and systematically looting to load up my workshop.

My motivation was tricking out the RA laser rifle. Oh damage/accuracy ... what a seductive siren you are ..
Old 11-17-15, 10:25 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,186 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Last time I'm going to complain about the speech system (for today at least), but I'm guessing you've never played another Fallout game then?
I played 3 and NV extensively. I get the complaint. I really do. It just doesn't bother me at all (so far, I'm still barely anywhere in the game), and I prefer the spoken dialog vs written.
Old 11-17-15, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Ugh...so many mistakes playing this so far. A couple of questions the Power Armor has everyone been using it since you found it? I ran out of power and didn't know what to use or if I even had it. I see it listed in some responses here but I am wondering if it will be where I left it (vault 111).

Couldn't get the dog to get me the special weapon...but didn't know I had to kneel down it appears. I need to go back to the vault anyway to check my armor.

I am about level 10 just started playing and cleared out the raiders and killed Jared. Could anyone get on the platform where he was?

I have had the subtitle glitch that has been mentioned and one in the water. I got stuck and couldn't move and died.
Old 11-17-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

The last group/areas I hit was the Crater area. Got attacked by a bunch of religious nutbags using energy weapons that give you 99pts of radiation poisoning. They're also a bit hard to kill. I'm inly at level 25. I did spot nuke mines that surround their area and shooting one ignites a giant nuke-like explosion. It's only in a name since it really doesn't nuke everything. I think it has the same power as the bombs that the suicidal Super Mutants carry.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.