Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-15, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 742 Likes on 367 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Collector in me is taking over as well, and I'm sure I've passed the gene to my kids. My kids want all the figures (the Hall of Heroes is really a fantastic idea to sell kids on that, they want all the statues unlocked of course), and I'm having fun tracking them down. That's the main reason I'm focusing on 1.0 figures thus far, as I imagine those will only become scarcer as time goes on.

So far I've managed to get everyone I wanted at a reasonable price, but I'm still working on the villians.

I think this is all that I'm missing from 1.0 at the moment, most of them are stashed away for birthdays and such though. Except for the first two, most of them can be had easily, I'm just waiting for the right deal and the right time in my budget:

Syndrome
Randy
Francesco
Elsa
Crystal Sulley
Crystal Lone Ranger
Crystal Agent P
Crystal Mr. Incredible

I guess Crystal Mickey technically counts too, as he is playable in 1.0, even though he's boxed as a 2.0 figure.
Old 02-21-15, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Music
Why?
Why was it taken down or why should anybody care? I would suppose it was taken down because the item shouldn't be freely available to everyone at this point. I just thought it was cool because there is Star Wars stuff already in the game. If this is old news, I apologize.
Old 02-21-15, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Obi Wan. I've got to pace myself. I don't even know if my kids will like it yet!

I also thought that video was cool. I better start saving now for when 3.0 comes out.
Old 02-21-15, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I meant why was it taken down, thanks Obi!
Old 02-21-15, 04:06 PM

After some additional research, I guess it unlocks if you have every 2.0 character statue in the hall of heroes. I guess some people who have done that made downloadable toyboxes that included it, but they are getting taken down.
Old 02-21-15, 04:17 PM

And also apparently collecting all of the 1.0 figures unlocks lightsabers:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src=https://www.youtube.com/embed/RjIOu4OEaQE frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-21-15, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gooter
Are you all trying to or have collected all the figures? I see some of the 1.0 figures are harder to find (Mrs. Incredible, Violet) and more expensive so wondering if I should pick those up as well. Though, I know my kids won't want to play with them so it would be more for me. Same with the Villains pack with Syndrome and Davy Jones. Not sure I would even want those guys but the collector in me is taking over. I can see how this will get expensive.
Gooter, check out (if you can believe it) the Microsoft store! I was able to get Mrs. Incredible there! I got Violet through Amazon, although it was a used figure. Good thing - she was already at level 9! I do need to find Syndrome at a reasonable price to round out my Incredibles.
Old 02-23-15, 07:52 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finally got through Spiderman playset last night. I have gotten through the other 2. I didn't like the Spiderman playset at first -- the battery puzzle stuff got old quick, but it really got better. Venom a hell of alot of fun to play. His gameplay is a mix of HUlk and Spiderman. If you don't have him I highly recommend a purchase and his statue is awesome. I am kinda bummed there isn't any more playsets to get. I would love a Big Hero Six playset but I can only dream. I am going to try and do all of the challenges in each playset. I don't think I could rank each playset. I honestly liked them all about the same
Old 02-23-15, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I went a little crazy. Darn sales, lol. Here's my haul:

Marvel Starter Set (XB360)
Digital Game (PS4)
PS4 base off of eBay

All figures except Donald Duck, Jasmine/Aladdin, Maleficent, Stitch, Sorc Mickey, Tinkerbell

Frozen playset w/Anna, Elsa
Toy Story playset w/Buzz, Jesse
Wrecking Ralph playset w/Ralph, Vanellope
Cars playlet w/Lightning, Holley
Woody
Rapunzel
Mater

The plan is to give them the starter set and a few figures for Easter. See if they like it, if not most of it will go back to Best Buy or sell/trade. I will keep the Marvel stuff for myself.
Old 02-23-15, 11:25 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Gooter
Well, I went a little crazy. Darn sales, lol. Here's my haul:

Marvel Starter Set (XB360)
Digital Game (PS4)
PS4 base off of eBay

All figures except Donald Duck, Jasmine/Aladdin, Maleficent, Stitch, Sorc Mickey, Tinkerbell

Frozen playset w/Anna, Elsa
Toy Story playset w/Buzz, Jesse
Wrecking Ralph playset w/Ralph, Vanellope
Cars playlet w/Lightning, Holley
Woody
Rapunzel
Mater

The plan is to give them the starter set and a few figures for Easter. See if they like it, if not most of it will go back to Best Buy or sell/trade. I will keep the Marvel stuff for myself.

FYI -- there isn't a Frozen playset -- just a package with both Elsa and Anna and a couple of power discs that can be used with them. Same with Wreck-it-Ralph

the only playsets in 1.0 are Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters Universtity, Incredibles, Cars, Lone Ranger and Toy Story
Old 02-23-15, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
the only playsets in 1.0 are Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters Universtity, Incredibles, Cars, Lone Ranger and Toy Story
In other words, a hell of a lot more playsets than they have in the 2.0 game.
Old 02-23-15, 12:50 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
In other words, a hell of a lot more playsets than they have in the 2.0 game.

1.0 has 6 and 2.0 has 3. So twice as much, however I do not have 1.0 so I am not sure of the length of each of those 6.

I do wish there were some more playsets in 2.0. I found it bizarre that none of the Disney Originals in 2.0 have a playset. I would have love to have had a Big Hero Six playset that utilized Baymax and Hiro.

The 3 Marvel playsets were pretty fun. There wasn't alot of length to the campaigns, but I don't need long games at my age lol. The Guardians playset is the shortest. It felt like the Avengers and Spiderman playsets were pretty identical in length.
Old 02-23-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Wreck It Ralph and Frozen should have had playsets at the least. Forgoing the Disney sets for a Marvel only release was a mistake. Especially, since the 3 Marvel play sets overlapped in gaming aspects. It is almost like they made the game just to sell Marvel figures.
Old 02-23-15, 01:26 PM

The first game also came with 3 playsets out of the box and the second game only had one (or zero if you bought the Disney starter kit)

The 1.0 playset pieces are only good for importing toybox items without the first game though. So they're basically like power discs, except you get more items, and don't have to keep them on the base to use them.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 02-23-15 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-23-15, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I own all of the regular figures from 1.0 except Phineas and Agent P. Don't know if I will go out and pick those up or not. The only crystal one I own is Sully. I have all of the current play set figures except Iron Fist and Yondu. I doubt I pick up any of this games toy box figures since my daughter doesn't care for toy box mode. The Marvel release is disappointing considering how much was offered with the first game. The amount of material Disney has to work with there is no excuse for not offering more.
Old 02-23-15, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

It is amazing to me that both releases, they completely missed out on the big Disney hits of the year... characters-only for both Frozen and Big Hero 6 (but hey, at least they struck gold with that Lone Ranger movie, right?) I do give them credit for Guardians.

Big Hero 6 even fits in with the Marvel concept, and there's a team concept in there just like Avengers. But it's like they thought the license would be enough. And like I said earlier, the game really suffered coming out shortly after Lego Marvel.
Old 02-23-15, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Big Hero 6 even fits in with the Marvel concept, and there's a team concept in there just like Avengers. But it's like they thought the license would be enough.
Big Hero 6 not only fits in with the Marvel concept, it IS a Marvel concept.
Old 02-23-15, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Big Hero 6 not only fits in with the Marvel concept, it IS a Marvel concept.
That's what I mean... it fits in with the Marvel-only stance of all the playsets, even if the movie wasn't marketed as having Marvel origins.
Old 02-23-15, 08:38 PM

Gotcha
Old 02-24-15, 10:02 AM
wlj

a big hero 6 playset would have been fantastic. Baymax is alot of fun to play with, I haven't found a nice toybox yet. There are some baymax labeled toyboxes but none of them have been really good

The Disney Originals really got the shaft this time around
Old 03-03-15, 06:03 PM

Doorbuster deals this Saturday (3/7) at Toys R Us from 9AM-12PM for Rewards R Us members only (it's free if you don't have one), in store only:

Venom or Aladdin Figures: 4.99

All 1.0 Power Disc Packs: 4 for $1

Up to 50% off selected figures (reg price 14.99) and packs (reg price 30.99) -Woody, Crystal Agent P, Crystal Jack Sparrow, Crystal Lightning McQueen, Mater, Crystal Sully, Crystal Mr. Incredible, Wreck-It Ralph, Agent P, Crystal Buzz Lightyear, Sidekicks Pack - Mike, Barbosa & Mrs. Incredible, and the exclusive Race to Space Pack

All Playsets: $20.99

All Single figures: 2 for $22

All 2.0 Starter Packs: $44.99

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 03-03-15 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-03-15, 07:19 PM
wlj

Nice. Venom for $5 is great. He is my favorite.
Old 03-03-15, 07:43 PM

And I have a $25 TRU reward cert burning a hole in my pocket too. Good thing I avoided the temptation to use it last weekend.

What I'm really wondering though is if the 4 for $1 1.0 power discs includes the TRU exclusive packs though.
Old 03-04-15, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I wonder how much the "Up to 50% off" is going to be on those figures.
Old 03-04-15, 06:04 AM

My assumption when I read "up to" is that some things will be 50% off and others will not be quite as good. Probably you don't find out what is what until you get to the store though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.