Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-13, 01:10 PM   #26
superdeluxe
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Whoa. A skylander like game with disney characters? Will they have plane figures?

Kid loves Cars, Toy Story, Monsters INC and Incredibles
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 03:30 PM   #27
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Oh crud, the initial wave of figures seemed a lot more boy-oriented, but I see the add-ons have a lot of princess-related stuff, and searching for confirmed characters it seems like they will be branching out. I hope the game is absolutely terrible so I can just avoid this like the plague (though I've heard that the developer's previous Toy Story game was pretty good)
Yeah, Toy Story 3 was a good game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Blind packs suck, but at least they're just stat-boosters or cosmetic changes. They're easy to ignore.

http://kotaku.com/the-worst-feature-...iscs-961601654
How can you possibly ignore a dumbo vehicle? How???


Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Whoa. A skylander like game with disney characters? Will they have plane figures?

Kid loves Cars, Toy Story, Monsters INC and Incredibles
I imagine they will eventually release plane figures. Perhaps when the dvd hits?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 03:34 PM   #28
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 24,893
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

I wonder if the characters are going to be stocked in the videogame section of places like Target, and if so if they will just cut the Skylanders space in half, or further shrink some other section (like the Wii). It's going to get crowded once the new consoles come out as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 03:47 PM   #29
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I wonder if the characters are going to be stocked in the videogame section of places like Target, and if so if they will just cut the Skylanders space in half, or further shrink some other section (like the Wii). It's going to get crowded once the new consoles come out as well.
When I looked at target.com, all the figures had different dpci's. This should make locating figures much easier. I also would have to assume that each character will now have it's own peg.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 04:10 PM   #30
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,001
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I wonder if the characters are going to be stocked in the videogame section of places like Target, and if so if they will just cut the Skylanders space in half, or further shrink some other section (like the Wii). It's going to get crowded once the new consoles come out as well.
I just got back from Target. They cut the Skylanders display isle exactly in half. They've got a shit-ton of these figures lined up and ready to go, from $9.99 and $12.99 figures to $34.99 play sets. Notto mention all those $4.99 disc packs. If this game takes off, it looks like they'll have plenty of inventory to keep everyone happy for a long time. If it doesn't sell well, expect a fire-sale because they're really going all out with inventory (way more stuff than I ever saw at Skylanders Giants launch, outside of TRU).
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 04:13 PM   #31
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I just got back from Target. They cut the Skylanders display isle exactly in half. They've got a shit-ton of these figures lined up and ready to go, from $9.99 and $12.99 figures to $34.99 play sets. Notto mention all those $4.99 disc packs. If this game takes off, it looks like they'll have plenty of inventory to keep everyone happy for a long time. If it doesn't sell well, expect a fire-sale because they're really going all out with inventory (way more stuff than I ever saw at Skylanders Giants launch, outside of TRU).
Playsets at Target are 50% off on Sunday so hopefully they all have a lot since I am hitting up TRU first.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 04:20 PM   #32
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,001
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

I just can't pull the trigger on Infinity because we've spent so much on Skylanders, are running out of living-room space (four Stanley Sortmasters of figures, plus all the Giants) and Swap Force is just around the corner. I seriously can't do it and my son is definitive that he wants Swap Force, not Infinity. Maybe I'll grab the Disney stuff if it drops significantly in price.

At one point in time, I think I pre-ordered some Disney Infinity Sidekick figure pack that was mispriced at Best Buy. Don't know if they ever cancelled that order or not...
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 04:21 PM   #33
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

They never cancelled those BB orders. I have orders for store pickup on Sunday.

I am not sure what I am doing with swapforce. My daughter hasn't touched skylanders in awhile. She looked at the new sidekicks and put them on the skylander shelf and hasn't used them. At least with infinity they have toy box mode which should be decent. Also my wife loves disney crap so it should be easy to get her into it. If the reviews suck I'll return it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 04:27 PM   #34
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,001
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

I doubt it will suck. The Kotaku article about the Toy Box sounded very encouraging. If nothing else, it's got to be more engaging than that multimillion-selling snorefest that is Minecraft, right?
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 04:44 PM   #35
superdeluxe
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I doubt it will suck. The Kotaku article about the Toy Box sounded very encouraging. If nothing else, it's got to be more engaging than that multimillion-selling snorefest that is Minecraft, right?
Yeah, looks like the big key here for at least adults is the Toy Box mode, they had a bunch of youtubers out to have hands on experience in the past week, the videos are starting to pop up, seems like everyone is talking about the Toy Box mode.

Young kids might go for the story mode.

So much potential with Disney. Star Wars, Marvel, Muppets playsets? Maybe even Studio Ghilbi?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 04:51 PM   #36
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,001
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Of course there was tons of potential with Disney Universe and we all know how that one turned out....
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 05:20 PM   #37
superdeluxe
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Of course there was tons of potential with Disney Universe and we all know how that one turned out....
True, but apparently this one is being better received from everything I have been hearing/seeing.

100 million dollar gamble.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 05:26 PM   #38
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

I think I am going to buy 10 power disc packs on Sunday and hope I don't get any duplicate hexagonal discs. Apparently all the TRU exclusives will only have Mike's Car and one random disc. 9 more future TRU packs to buy...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 06:01 PM   #39
Shagrath
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Shagrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 7,383
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

From what was noted on some French website, the TRU "exclusives" are all discs that will be coming out in Waves 2 & 3.

I think I'm gonna grab this for 360 on Sunday at TRU (with the 20% off coupon) and grab the two playsets at Target for 50% off. If TRU has the crystal McQueen car still, I'll grab that and maybe one or two of the other figs.
__________________
My Library - DVDProfiler
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 06:13 PM   #40
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrath View Post
From what was noted on some French website, the TRU "exclusives" are all discs that will be coming out in Waves 2 & 3.

I think I'm gonna grab this for 360 on Sunday at TRU (with the 20% off coupon) and grab the two playsets at Target for 50% off. If TRU has the crystal McQueen car still, I'll grab that and maybe one or two of the other figs.
If you didn't preorder, the b1g1 50% might work as well. Save an extra 5% if you return the extra copy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 07:31 PM   #41
BobO'Link
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,602
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I just can't pull the trigger on Infinity because we've spent so much on Skylanders, are running out of living-room space (four Stanley Sortmasters of figures, plus all the Giants) and Swap Force is just around the corner. I seriously can't do it and my son is definitive that he wants Swap Force, not Infinity. Maybe I'll grab the Disney stuff if it drops significantly in price.
Substitute grandson for son and this fits us exactly. Plus I'm fairly positive my wife would actually have that cow should this come in the door.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 09:30 PM   #42
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Rumor is that each case of power discs only contains one of each rare (3 total rares). So if you don't buy a sealed case you're going to have a hell of a time getting a set. Each case has 24 packs. So basically you'll only have 8 duplicate hexagonal discs...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 10:28 PM   #43
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,038
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie View Post
Rumor is that each case of power discs only contains one of each rare (3 total rares). So if you don't buy a sealed case you're going to have a hell of a time getting a set. Each case has 24 packs. So basically you'll only have 8 duplicate hexagonal discs...
So this is basically a baseball card collecting fiasco but just costing more money?
__________________
PSN & XBOX: GatorShea
SWITCH: SW-5024-4523-5822
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 07:51 AM   #44
A-aron
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
A-aron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as achau9598 - Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5,697
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Will Best Buy pricematch the B1G1 50% from Target? I preordered the Cars and Lone Ranger sets from BB, but wondering if they would refund the difference from the competitor sale.

Thank goodness TRU is opening early, so I can go try to pick up that crystal McQueen ...
__________________
Tyler Perry is the black Uwe Boll - Joe Molotov
Xbox 360 Live gamertag: ZombieReign|| Wii Friend Code 3594 9793 4462 5322 | PS3 zombiereign
CHANGE - It's what will be left in your pocket
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 08:03 AM   #45
Goldberg74
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,343
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker
I just can't pull the trigger on Infinity because we've spent so much on Skylanders, are running out of living-room space (four Stanley Sortmasters of figures, plus all the Giants) and Swap Force is just around the corner. I seriously can't do it and my son is definitive that he wants Swap Force, not Infinity. Maybe I'll grab the Disney stuff if it drops significantly in price.
Substitute grandson for son and this fits us exactly. Plus I'm fairly positive my wife would actually have that cow should this come in the door.
Same here. I'm passing on this. I'm not gonna get sucked in on this one. Besides, we only have a Wii and it doesn't even seem worth the trouble with the console limitations.

All y'all have fun with it!
__________________
I was unfortunately misinformed by my own stupidity." Bill Goldberg, Celebrity Apprentice

"My apologies to this thread for assuming you all had eyes, ears, and a decent memory." - NiCK Crush

"A Michael Bay movie is like the opening of the Ark of the Covenant; it melts my face, but I cannot look away." - slop101
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 12:00 PM   #46
superdeluxe
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Is the crystal McQueen have different skillets? Or this just a 'different coat of paint?'
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 06:51 AM   #47
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Walmart has the 3 pack figures for $14.99. On cell so not linking
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 06:51 AM   #48
Krayzie
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
So this is basically a baseball card collecting fiasco but just costing more money?
Yeah, but only 2 cards for $5 lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 08:28 AM   #49
Shagrath
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Shagrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 7,383
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Is the crystal McQueen have different skillets? Or this just a 'different coat of paint?'
He also levels up faster. Don't know if there's any other game differences yet, since I haven't popped mine open.
__________________
My Library - DVDProfiler
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 09:07 AM   #50
A-aron
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
A-aron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as achau9598 - Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5,697
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Bought 8 of the TRU power disc packs

8x Mike Wizowski cars
2x Wreck It Ralph theme(?) has trees in back
1x Wreck It Ralph theme(?) has candy in upper left corner
2x Mulan horse
1x Alice in Wonderland theme
1x Up cane
1x Jack Sparrow coins

Anyone interested in trading .. message me
__________________
Tyler Perry is the black Uwe Boll - Joe Molotov
Xbox 360 Live gamertag: ZombieReign|| Wii Friend Code 3594 9793 4462 5322 | PS3 zombiereign
CHANGE - It's what will be left in your pocket
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0