Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-07-16, 03:37 PM   #76
Jay G.
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Candy Crush Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
I hit it once. It wasn't even impressive. I think it was one of each thing on the wheel. Maybe three of each.
It's 3 of each.
http://candycrush.wikia.com/wiki/Dai..._Wheel#Jackpot
Old 01-07-16, 05:39 PM   #77
joeblow69
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
A 3rd game in the series has been released, Candy Crush Jelly Saga:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can.../1100-6433584/

iOS, Android, and Windows Store versions available.
Ugh, either I suck, or this game is HARD. I lost lives multiple times on level 4 and 5 when you have to battle the jelly queen.
Old 01-07-16, 09:11 PM   #78
Jay G.
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Ugh, either I suck, or this game is HARD. I lost lives multiple times on level 4 and 5 when you have to battle the jelly queen.
I just played it, and on my first go at level 4 I didn't understand what was going on and was making green jelly for the queen at first.

The boss levels are a different color and shape on the map, so they're supposed to be the "hard" levels, but once I got the hang of it they weren't to bad. It reminds me a bit of the Microscope Puzzle in 7th Guest, the way the colors on the board change based on the moves you make.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxx
Old 01-10-16, 02:15 PM   #79
mhg83
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
I'm currently on level 12 and have faced the queen 3 times now I think. The best strategy is to keep stacking combos that stun her. You get an extra move each time you stun her. The match 4 usually seems to hit her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Well, they kiss where they think that Jesus was born. They kiss the little catholic cracker. They worship Mary.....
Old 03-29-16, 02:58 PM   #80
Jay G.
DVD Talk Legend

On level 1256 CCS, 705 CCSS, and 114 CCJS.

CCS has some sort of "bonus" every day now. My favorite is the Treasure Chests that come up on the weekend. I've stopped playing Dreamland, as my time is split between the other two games.

Likewise, CCSS is running Bubblegum Hill every weekend. I've been able to accumulate 50 lollipop hammers playing it.

For CCJS, I haven't seen any bonuses yet.
Old 10-02-16, 09:36 AM   #81
Jay G.
DVD Talk Legend

Half a year later and I'm on level 1649 CCS, 1045 CCSS, and 242 CCJS.

Both CCS and CCSS give a crazy number of bonuses now, basically just for opening the game once a day. I've reached the "end" of CCSS for now, until new levels are released. CCS is up to 2000 levels now, so I still have a way to go there.

I haven't played CCJS as much as the others. Partially it's due to CCJS being much more stingy with bonuses; the only one I've seen are Treasure Chest challenges for beating the upcoming Boss levels, and they're few and far between. Also, the levels themselves seem more difficult than either CCS or CCSS. Finally, it's hard to juggle playing three games during my commute.
Old 10-04-16, 01:29 PM   #82
Bluelitespecial
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I have been playing this game since I got my ipod touch, I haven't noticed anything mentioned in honest game trailer. I haven't had to pay for anything to play it. I am stuck on level 105 at the moment.
Old 02-03-18, 10:00 PM   #83
Jay G.
DVD Talk Legend

I finally "beat" CCS, in that I beat level 3080 on mobile, out of 3080 levels released so far.

Dreamland in CCS has been completely removed, so while I never finished that, I don't count it as necessary for "beating" the game.

Due to my focus on beating CCS, I've fallen a bit behind in the other games. I'm at 1648/1870 on CCSS, and 610/1290 on CCJS.

My CCSS game has shifted from giving bonuses of a mix of general boosters and time-limited boosters to almost exclusively time-limited boosters. It make building up a stash of boosters more difficult. Bubblegum Hill is now every Tuesday.

Going forward, I'm going to focus on CCJS, while playing CCSS to try and win Bubblegum Hill and take advantage of building up cumulative time-limited boosters.
Old 02-03-18, 10:09 PM   #84
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend

I am also past the 3080 level on the mobile phone. I use the week prior to Wednesdays to stack up on boosters and then plow through the new 15 levels in one day.
Old 07-31-18, 07:31 PM   #85
Jay G.
DVD Talk Legend

On level 3590/3590 on CCS, 2000/2410(?) in CCSS, and 800/1695 on CCJS.

It's been hard to keep up with CCS, this is the first time since Feb that I've been caught up. They've been releasing two episodes some weeks, for 30 levels total, which is more than I can typically get through in a week.
Old 07-31-18, 07:48 PM   #86
dsa_shea
DVD Talk Legend

And they make many of the levels where you have to use at least one booster or more to pass. That is even if you have all of the bonuses to the max that start you with a chocolate ball, wrap and even 3 extra moves.