Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Candy Crush Saga

Old 01-07-16, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 646 Likes on 446 Posts
Re: Candy Crush Saga

Originally Posted by GoVegan
I hit it once. It wasn't even impressive. I think it was one of each thing on the wheel. Maybe three of each.
It's 3 of each.
http://candycrush.wikia.com/wiki/Dai..._Wheel#Jackpot
Old 01-07-16, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
A 3rd game in the series has been released, Candy Crush Jelly Saga:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can.../1100-6433584/

iOS, Android, and Windows Store versions available.
Ugh, either I suck, or this game is HARD. I lost lives multiple times on level 4 and 5 when you have to battle the jelly queen.
Old 01-07-16, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Ugh, either I suck, or this game is HARD. I lost lives multiple times on level 4 and 5 when you have to battle the jelly queen.
I just played it, and on my first go at level 4 I didn't understand what was going on and was making green jelly for the queen at first.

The boss levels are a different color and shape on the map, so they're supposed to be the "hard" levels, but once I got the hang of it they weren't to bad. It reminds me a bit of the Microscope Puzzle in 7th Guest, the way the colors on the board change based on the moves you make.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxx
Old 01-10-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm currently on level 12 and have faced the queen 3 times now I think. The best strategy is to keep stacking combos that stun her. You get an extra move each time you stun her. The match 4 usually seems to hit her.
Old 03-29-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On level 1256 CCS, 705 CCSS, and 114 CCJS.

CCS has some sort of "bonus" every day now. My favorite is the Treasure Chests that come up on the weekend. I've stopped playing Dreamland, as my time is split between the other two games.

Likewise, CCSS is running Bubblegum Hill every weekend. I've been able to accumulate 50 lollipop hammers playing it.

For CCJS, I haven't seen any bonuses yet.
Old 10-02-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Half a year later and I'm on level 1649 CCS, 1045 CCSS, and 242 CCJS.

Both CCS and CCSS give a crazy number of bonuses now, basically just for opening the game once a day. I've reached the "end" of CCSS for now, until new levels are released. CCS is up to 2000 levels now, so I still have a way to go there.

I haven't played CCJS as much as the others. Partially it's due to CCJS being much more stingy with bonuses; the only one I've seen are Treasure Chest challenges for beating the upcoming Boss levels, and they're few and far between. Also, the levels themselves seem more difficult than either CCS or CCSS. Finally, it's hard to juggle playing three games during my commute.
Old 10-04-16, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

So I have been playing this game since I got my ipod touch, I haven't noticed anything mentioned in honest game trailer. I haven't had to pay for anything to play it. I am stuck on level 105 at the moment.
Old 02-03-18, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally "beat" CCS, in that I beat level 3080 on mobile, out of 3080 levels released so far.

Dreamland in CCS has been completely removed, so while I never finished that, I don't count it as necessary for "beating" the game.

Due to my focus on beating CCS, I've fallen a bit behind in the other games. I'm at 1648/1870 on CCSS, and 610/1290 on CCJS.

My CCSS game has shifted from giving bonuses of a mix of general boosters and time-limited boosters to almost exclusively time-limited boosters. It make building up a stash of boosters more difficult. Bubblegum Hill is now every Tuesday.

Going forward, I'm going to focus on CCJS, while playing CCSS to try and win Bubblegum Hill and take advantage of building up cumulative time-limited boosters.
Old 02-03-18, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

I am also past the 3080 level on the mobile phone. I use the week prior to Wednesdays to stack up on boosters and then plow through the new 15 levels in one day.
Old 07-31-18, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On level 3590/3590 on CCS, 2000/2410(?) in CCSS, and 800/1695 on CCJS.

It's been hard to keep up with CCS, this is the first time since Feb that I've been caught up. They've been releasing two episodes some weeks, for 30 levels total, which is more than I can typically get through in a week.
Old 07-31-18, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And they make many of the levels where you have to use at least one booster or more to pass. That is even if you have all of the bonuses to the max that start you with a chocolate ball, wrap and even 3 extra moves.
Old 03-19-19, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally beat CCS again, 4490/4490.

I've mostly abandoned the other games. 2082 in CCSS, and 832 in CCJS.

CCS is giving out a lot of boosters. Daily there's both the Treat Calendar and the Booster Wheel, and sometimes you can watch an ad to get a second chance. There's also the Daily Win, which give you boosters after you win a level on 6 separate days.

There's also Dynamic Duo, which I dubbed "hate a stranger" when it was first released, since you and a "buddy" of random both have to meet a certain goal to get a booster. So at first this meant you could complete your part, and your buddy failed, so then you both fail, meaning I'd get angry at a complete stranger for keeping my from my booster. They then updated it, so you can now start "helping" your buddy once you complete your objective. So now I can just do twice the work myself, but at least I get the booster.

They also added an option when you run out of moves to watch an ad to get a Booster Wheel spin, which either gives you extra moves or a booster. You can actually just keep doing Booster Wheel spins if you keep getting extra moves and running out, but once it awards a booster instead of extra moves, you can't spin again. So they've added a lot of "watch ads" options, but at least I'm not paying in money.
Old 03-19-19, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You haven't tried CC Friends Saga? I actually have had the best luck with that one.
Old 03-19-19, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

I'm playing CC Friends... I dig it. I'm about 500 levels in and it seems it takes a few days (from time to time) to clear just one level. I find it interesting that I'm in a "group" of people. Does anyone know how you're grouped? As it stands right now, I'm #2 to one other person... there is nobody else that has made it up the levels as high as we have.
Old 03-19-19, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Finally beat CCS again, 4490/4490.

I've mostly abandoned the other games. 2082 in CCSS, and 832 in CCJS.

CCS is giving out a lot of boosters. Daily there's both the Treat Calendar and the Booster Wheel, and sometimes you can watch an ad to get a second chance. There's also the Daily Win, which give you boosters after you win a level on 6 separate days.

There's also Dynamic Duo, which I dubbed "hate a stranger" when it was first released, since you and a "buddy" of random both have to meet a certain goal to get a booster. So at first this meant you could complete your part, and your buddy failed, so then you both fail, meaning I'd get angry at a complete stranger for keeping my from my booster. They then updated it, so you can now start "helping" your buddy once you complete your objective. So now I can just do twice the work myself, but at least I get the booster.

They also added an option when you run out of moves to watch an ad to get a Booster Wheel spin, which either gives you extra moves or a booster. You can actually just keep doing Booster Wheel spins if you keep getting extra moves and running out, but once it awards a booster instead of extra moves, you can't spin again. So they've added a lot of "watch ads" options, but at least I'm not paying in money.
I don't think anything they do actually helps you or vice versa. Also, there are times when you do complete a specific requirement it is asking you to do and you still don't get credit or you get credit for stuff the next time you load up the game. Also, they are doing stuff I do not like with the earned boosters that you can get. You used to be able to get them by playing old levels and use them on those old levels until you lost a level. For now you can only get the build a bot boosters by completing brand new levels and you can only use those boosters on brand new levels. A bitch move on the part of the game makers and simple greed. I am finished with the current levels on Android 4460 and I'm considering walking away if things don't change. According to the people that post on King's board, there are several other long time players considering the same move.
Old 03-19-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You haven't tried CC Friends Saga? I actually have had the best luck with that one.
I had already quit CCSS and CCJS and was annoyed by the way they were pushing Friends in CCS when it first came out, with pop-ups and such, so I never tried it.

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I don't think anything they do actually helps you or vice versa. Also, there are times when you do complete a specific requirement it is asking you to do and you still don't get credit or you get credit for stuff the next time you load up the game.
In regards to Dynamic Duo, I've definitely been able to help the friend. There's a banner that says "You're now helping your friend" once you complete your goal, and I've gotten the reward after fulfilling the friend's goal. I have seen the thing where it doesn't update the goal based on your last level, and sometimes I have to close and re-open it before it registers. Also, it sometimes take a long time to load this particular challenge after opening the game. However, I play on the subway and go in and out of having a signal, so I thought it might be tied to that.

Playing on a subway is interesting, because there's certain things that need an internet connection before they. Any ad based bonus, for one, but also Daily bonuses, the more moves spin, and the Sugar Drop bonuses. Sometimes I have to switch apps on my phone and wait until I'm in a station and have a signal, then switch back so it can connect and get the bonus.

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Also, they are doing stuff I do not like with the earned boosters that you can get. You used to be able to get them by playing old levels and use them on those old levels until you lost a level. For now you can only get the build a bot boosters by completing brand new levels and you can only use those boosters on brand new levels.
I haven't experienced that on my Android phone. I didn't mention this before, but for the Build-a-Bot or Space Dash or similar "consecutive wins" bonuses, I always quickly scroll the game board back to level 1, play, win, then retry that level until I've maxed it out (2 chocolate bombs, 2 striped/wrapped candies, +3 moves). I just did it today.

Maybe they're testing different strategies with the Space Dash? I did find other people complaining about what you've experienced, but it's not what I'm experiencing
https://community.king.com/en/candy-...revious-levels

Last edited by Jay G.; 06-16-19 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-19-19, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Build a Bot can no longer be built by using old levels again. I used that method a lot but they have taken it away. Also, as of right now, we can no longer use our boosters from the bot on older levels. You can only use the boosters that you have accumulated and then selected to use either before the round or during it (hammer/switches). As far as helping a friend goes, I have never received any help from the other person that I am supposedly teamed with. Ever! At one point I had my win streak up to 75 before the game decided to not register my met requirements for the next round and the time expired. Anyways, I have never been on the receiving end of any help. I think I might be getting paired up with people that are not active or active very little on their end if this is actually working the way it is advertised, but I have my doubts. I am finished with level 4490 and will see what happens tomorrow.
Old 03-28-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, so I see the new Build a Bot now. It only appeared after I had beaten all the levels; prior to that I was still getting the "old" Build a Bot on weekends, and Space Dash during the week. But now it's "new" Build a Bot 24/7. So it seems like, since they introduced the new BaB, they switch you over once you beat all the levels. I imagine it's to slow down those players, so they don't plow through the new levels released each week and beat them all before the week is over. It's a bit confusing they kept the same name for two different booster reward systems though.

For helping a friend, I've definitely seen my friend contribute, with their bar going up before mine is completed, or even started. I've even had the opposite happen once, where the friend finished and started helping fill mine. Maybe I lucked out. My friend isn't 100% consistent, but then, neither am I.

The new booster reward system "Candy Quests" just popped up a few days ago. It reminds me a bit of a "Quests" in CCSS, except there's only one at a time, and you have to choose between two possible quests.
Old 06-16-19, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

On level 4884/4895.

With the introduction of the Daily Win, I've been purposefully stopping myself from playing through all available levels, so that I always have at least one level to beat a day.
https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Daily_Win

They've also introduced an Episode Race, where the first 3 users of a group to pass a given episode win gold bars. When the 2 new episodes are released each week, I tend to race through the first, so win 5 bars, but since I don't beat the 2nd episode until the next batch of episodes are released, I'm either dead last or at least slow enough not to win any gold bars.
https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_Race

I also try to time the bulk of my playing with the Space Race so that I can accumulate enough color bombs to win that. I'm at the top of the space race tiers (Popsicle Planet), so only the first place finisher gets any prizes.
https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Space_Race

Since my last post, the Sugar Drop went away for a while, and then came back. The returned version rewards more timed boosters than regular boosters now.
https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Sugar_Drop

Finally, the "new" Build-a-Bot now progresses when passing old levels! I noticed this about a week or so ago when playing an older level to complete Dynamic Duo (aka Help a Friend). What's more, since Build-a-Bot rewards you with timed boosters every two won levels once you "cap out" the regular boosters reward, you can play older levels to earn these timed boosters. I think you have to exit to the map and check on it every two wins though to get the timed booster.
https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Booster_Bot

Edit: Oh, and looking back at my last post, Candy Quests has gone away. I guess it wasn't a popular contest/event.
Old 06-16-19, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

King is really screwing around with the game and is pushing long time players out. The timed boosters do nothing for those of us at the highest levels. Allowing us to earn boosters gets people to play older levels, while the timed boosters don't encourage us to go back and play them again. I think I will push through to 5000 and see if it is worth bothering after that. Might be time to delete and move on.
Old 07-31-19, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

On level 5069/5105

This week I got Space Dash back, instead of Build-a-Bot, the first time that's happened for months. I haven't "beaten" the game, i.e. beaten the last level before new levels are released, in weeks. I think King may tweak the Events and such you get based on whether you're consistently getting to the end quickly. If you race through the new levels and get to the end consistently, they increase the difficulty by switching you to more stingy events. If you "lag behind" and aren't reaching the end consistently, they switch you back to the more generous events.

https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Space_Dash
Old 03-01-20, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

So I'm up to level 1760 and I have to ask is there a way to turn off getting life requests from strangers? I'm afraid it might lead to my account getting hacked.
Old 03-01-20, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Weird, I never get those.

I'm still playing all the candy crush games, and would rate them as follows:
1) Soda Saga
2) Friends Saga
3) Candy Crush
4) Jelly Saga (this one just seems really hard, and I have problems making progress. Especially those levels where you play against an AI. They seem to always cheat)
Old 03-01-20, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never get requests for lives, although I sometimes get gifts of live. I only play on Android, and I've locked down the privacy settings on my Facebook account.

I'm currently only playing the original game, and stopped playing Soda and Jelly, and never started Friends. I also play PvZ2 though, so my playtime on my phone is split between those two games.

Currently on level 6402.

The additions to gameplay since my last post are, I think, The Episode Race, where the first three player to finish and episode are given some gold, the Chocolate Box, where you choose among a selection of goals to complete, and the Fantastic 5, where you co-operate with 5 others to reach certain combined score goals.

Also, my Android app just this week prompted me to create a King account to sync my game, instead of using Facebook.
Old 04-07-22, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I have been playing Candy Crush off and on since it came out, and I'm not as far as a lot of people (only around 1200 or so?) but I've put a ton of hours into it.

Yesterday, for the first time in my Candy Crush history, I finally hit the jackpot on the wheel spinning thing!

I honestly had gotten to the point where I didn't think it was actually possible to hit the jackpot, that it was just there to tease you. I would have shit myself if I wasn't already sitting on the toilet taking a shit! Yay me!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.