Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fable Anniversary HD Remake -- Holidays 2013

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fable Anniversary HD Remake -- Holidays 2013

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/games-f...versary-reveal

Nearly a decade ago, Microsoft and Lionhead Studios took the gaming world by storm with “Fable,” a unique, fantasy role-playing game that gave players unprecedented freedom to make meaningful choices with permanent consequences.

Now, Lionhead Studios invites you to relive the magic with “Fable Anniversary” for Xbox 360, a modern remastering of the best-selling Xbox classic featuring stunning graphics, almost instant loading times, an all-new interface, Achievements, Xbox SmartGlass support and more.

“We’re really excited to bring ‘Fable’ to Xbox 360,” said Ted Timmins, Lead Designer on “Fable Anniversary.” “It’s the game that the ‘Fable’ community has been asking for, so we wanted to make sure ‘Fable Anniversary’ delivered the definitive ‘Fable’ experience for both long-time fans and newcomers to the franchise.”

In “Fable Anniversary,” you play as The Hero, an orphan whose destiny you shape through in-game decisions that influence not only his development as a hero, but the fate of the entire realm. In addition to “Fable’s” original storyline, “Fable: Anniversary” includes the expansion pack, “Fable: The Lost Chapters.”

“Fable Anniversary” uses the power Xbox 360 to bring “Fable” to life like never before. The graphics are substantially updated with new lighting, textures, models, facial and cut scene animations, and more, all in 1080p HD resolution. In addition, “Fable Anniversary” includes a new interface, save system and nearly non-existent loading times, making the immersive journey through the dangerous and mysterious world of Albion even more seamless.

“Fable Anniversary” also brings Achievements to “Fable” for the first time. “We’re doing something that’s not been done before,” said Timmins. “’Fable’ has always been about choices and consequences, so we’re trying to put that into our Achievements.”

While “Fable Anniversary” introduces modern improvements, Timmins emphasized each one was designed to enhance a gameplay experience that remains true to its roots.

“It’s probably the hardest part of the job. We needed to keep ‘Fable’ the same, but also make it different,” said Timmins. “It was a case of playing through the game over and over and writing down a list of the things we wanted to address in order to bring ‘Fable’ to a 360 quality level that people expect.”

And of course you can still punt chickens. “There’s now a leaderboard for this,” explained Timmins. “So you can actually find out who the best chicken kicker in Albion is.”

“Fable Anniversary” launches only on Xbox 360 this holiday season. To learn more about “Fable Anniversary,” including SmartGlass support and how “Fable” almost featured kicking monkeys instead of chickens, listen to Major Nelson’s full podcast interview with Ted Timmins.
Old 06-04-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fable Anniversary HD Remake -- Holidays 2013

I will buy this and play it. Never got to the original on the first Xbox and Fable 2 and 3 are just sitting on my shelf.
Old 06-04-13, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loved this, never got the Lost Chapters so I may give it a spin.
Old 06-04-13, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am 100% in (incidentally, about a month ago I found the Fable guide which actually included the Lost Chapters stuff) as long as Kinect stays the hell away from my experience (it can be an option, but that's it). Hope its $40 or under.
Old 06-04-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Day one purchase. Loved Fable 2, liked Fable 3 well enough, very excited to finally get to play the original.
Old 06-04-13, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Damn, I have Lost Chapters and have been meaning to play it... kinda pointless now I guess...
Old 06-04-13, 05:54 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Crap. Still have the original and at least one sequel unopened and in my "to play" pile. Has it really been there 10 years?
Old 06-04-13, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Played this already. Its called Skyrim.
Old 06-04-13, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I will buy this and play it. Never got to the original on the first Xbox and Fable 2 and 3 are just sitting on my shelf.
Sounds like you will buy it and not play it

I never played Fable, but played and really liked Fable 2. I might give this a try if its cheap.
Old 06-04-13, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

So, why isn't there an Xbone version?
Old 06-04-13, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Played the original and Lost Chapters and I played Fable 2, so I'm not sure if I'll go back to this. Still haven't played Fable 3.
Old 06-04-13, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
So, why isn't there an Xbone version?
Probably because it was being developed for the 360.
Old 06-04-13, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

The tutorial missions were a bore; if they made a way to skip through them or at least the dull opening narrative, I might give it a try.
Old 06-04-13, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Probably because it was being developed for the 360.
Well, yeah, but if there was someone that knew that a new Xbox was coming and could get their hands on a development kit, it's Microsoft Game Studio (which Lionhead is part of). There have often been games that jumped to a newer console during development, and for this one they could still release the 360 version but also release a Xbone version.
Old 06-05-13, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by edstein
Played this already. Its called Skyrim.
No offense , but clearly you have never played Fable with that statement. Not saying its better (well Fable 2 is still probably my favorite 360 game ever, but that's besides the point), but Skyrim and Fable are indeed different from each other. I greatly enjoyed Fable's humor, maturity (or immaturity as it were) and such. Skyrim is pretty straight forward and while its a fantastic game, Fable has so much more character.

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Well, yeah, but if there was someone that knew that a new Xbox was coming and could get their hands on a development kit, it's Microsoft Game Studio (which Lionhead is part of). There have often been games that jumped to a newer console during development, and for this one they could still release the 360 version but also release a Xbone version.
HD Remakes tend to happen on the system with the largest install base. At the point when this releases, Xbox 360 will still be the largest install base. That and I'm being entirely selfish since I want nothing to do with the Xbox One at this time (so I'm very happy we get something like a Fable remake).
Old 06-05-13, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kedrix
HD Remakes tend to happen on the system with the largest install base. At the point when this releases, Xbox 360 will still be the largest install base. That and I'm being entirely selfish since I want nothing to do with the Xbox One at this time (so I'm very happy we get something like a Fable remake).
Correction: HD remakes tend to happen on the most current system. There's still more PS2s than PS3s in the world, yet the PS3 is the system getting the HD remakes (not least of which because it's the first Playstation to actually have HD).
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=133085

Again, I'm not saying it should be an Xbox One exclusive, but I'm somewhat surprised there's not a separate version for the Xbox One being released as well, especially considering that this will apparently be released around the same time as the Xbox One, and the Xbox One isn't backwards compatible.

For example, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 are being released on both platforms.
Old 06-05-13, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

An HD remake of a 10 year old game that'll most likely release for $40 and would compete with shelf space with a supposed Fable 4 on Xbox One? Yeah, 360 only makes more sense.
Old 06-05-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

An HD remake of a 10 year old game that'll most likely release for $40 and would compete with shelf space with a supposed Fable 4 on Xbox One? Yeah, 360 only makes more sense.
OK, yeah, I can see that if Fable 4 is an Xbox One exclusive, that Fable Anniversary would be a 360 exclusive both to appease 360 owners upset about not getting Fable 4, and not cannibalizing the Fable 4 sales on Xbox One.
Old 06-05-13, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The best part about fable 2 was running around as a chicken.
Old 06-07-13, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postst...rsary-FAQ.aspx

Following hot on the heels of the recent Fable Anniversary announcement we thought it'd be mighty proactive to put together a detailed FAQ all about our newly announced title! So, if you had a burning question, have a look here before you post to see whether it's covered. If it's not, feel free to reply to this thread and we'll update the FAQ periodically with new questions.

Q: What is Fable Anniversary?

A: To celebrate nearly ten years since the launch the critically acclaimed Fable, we're bringing a new and enhanced version of the original game to Xbox 360 players. Whether you're a Fable fan old or new, you'll be able to experience the magic of the game that started it all with updated graphics, animations and interfaces!

Q: Can you be more specific about what exactly is being updated?

A: It was important to us that Fable Anniversary isn't just a simple port, we want it to be up there with the best looking games available on Xbox 360. In order to achieve this vision, we have;

An entirely new lighting system, powered by Unreal.
All new models, textures and materials - leather now actually looks and feels like leather!
All new particle fx, to make Fireballs hotter than ever!
All new facial and cutscene animation technology to bring even more life to our story sequences!
Widescreen support! A 4:3 TV is sooooo 2004, so you can enjoy Fable Anniversary with 16:9 beauty!
Also, not forgetting sound! All our audio has been fully remastered for surround sound!

Q: When is Fable Anniversary launching?

A: Fable Anniversary will launch later this year.

Q: Will content from The Lost Chapters be included in Anniversary?

A: Absolutely - all of the content from The Lost Chapters will be included.

Q: Will there be new quests or content?

A: Our intention with Fable Anniversary was to re-capture the game that so many fell in love with and bring it up to date for a modern generation of console gamers. We think the story, quests and gameplay of the original game are what lead to it becoming a critically acclaimed title in 2004, and we've got no intention of changing or adding to that with Anniversary.

Q: What platforms will it be available on?

A: Fable Anniversary will be exclusive to Xbox 360

Q: How much will it cost?

A: We've not announced a price yet, but keep an eye out as we'll be sure to let you know as soon as we can.

Q: Is this the only project you're working on?

A: Fable Anniversary is just one exciting project we're working on - be sure to watch our website, forums and Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels to make sure you keep up to date with the latest from Lionhead.

Q: Can you tell us about any other projects?

A: As soon as we've got stuff to share about the other projects we're working on we will do; again, be sure to keep up to date by following us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and of course right here on our forums!

Q: Are there any screenshots or videos showing off the game that I can see?

A: Here's what we've got so far: click (Facebook page)

Q: Will there be new achievements?

A: Yes indeed! We've got a brand new bunch of interesting achievements for you to try your hand at.

Q: Will Fable Anniversary be supporting Kinect or SmartGlass?

A: While it won’t support Kinect, Fable Anniversary will support SmartGlass - more on this to come later.

Q: Will there be a strategy guide for the game?

A: Yes! We’re very excited to be working with PRIMA on a very collectable guide, stay tuned for more info.

Q: Do you have any plans to create an Avatar collection for my Xbox 360 Avatar?

A: We do indeed. We plan an avatar collection, along with gamerpictures and dashboard wallpapers.
Old 06-07-13, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No Kinect.
Old 06-07-13, 09:58 AM

No Kinect.
Agreed, that game has no business being near Kinect, now it enters the realm of the instabuy for me. Also, collectible strategy guide? WEAKNESS! That will be very hard to resist for me personally. Holidays can't come soon enough. While others might be all up for the Xbox One, this will be my most wanted.
Old 06-09-13, 11:50 PM

I look forward to buying this used.
Old 07-01-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Up for preorder at Amazon at a very nice $29.99 price point.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBCAT3W/
Old 07-01-13, 11:08 AM

Up for preorder at Amazon at a very nice $29.99 price point.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBCAT3W/
DONE! I don't even have to think about that one. I can always cancel it later if something weird happens.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.