Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Old 10-14-20, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Originally Posted by story View Post
Of course, I got my Oculus Quest in June just before the announcement, but it's fine.

Where do you get prescription lenses? Are they easily removable for others to use the headset? I use my Quest as a workout device, any idea if prescription lenses are covered under an HSA as medical equipment if it's for health improvement?
I got mine here:

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/ocul...-lens-inserts/

But there are a few different choices. They are a little expensive, but it's nice not having to worry about scratching the Quest or my glasses - and the extra comfort of not having glasses under the headset. I think mine ended up being close to $200 shipped, but my prescription is pretty bad.

No idea about the insurance question - I didn't even think about that. They install very easily, though. The main concern would really just be keeping them free of fingerprints from putting them in and taking them out.
Old 10-15-20, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: The VR Thread (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR)

Got my Q2 today and while I've only set it up and started d/l games, I gotta say my FAVORITE feature is that the sound is inherent to the system and no more pita ear buds!