Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by Lateralus
We just got the Frog King, LOL I could tap on him all day!
No! You're making him sick!
Old 10-23-13, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eeek 30B for the last community prize, thought it was going to be 25B
Old 10-23-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,380 Likes on 941 Posts

just got an update for new levels. Jimbo as premium character as is Museum of Natural History. There's also Noise Land Arcade.
Old 10-23-13, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was unexpected. Let me check.
Old 10-23-13, 08:50 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

yep... got the update as well.. Level up + 2 donuts.

New quest line started by Nelson. Build arcade and get character as well.

All my characters were free, so tapping on Nelson started things off.
Old 10-23-13, 09:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Hopefully the new update will stop this thing from crashing every time I try to go to Krustyland.
Old 10-23-13, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

I think a lot of level 35 players cities are making my game crash. But I'm also on an iPad 1, so maybe it's just me being out of date.

Last edited by majorjoe23; 10-23-13 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-23-13, 10:22 AM

Received 2,040 Likes on 1,199 Posts

120 donuts for Jimbo?! Yikes! Here's my response:

Old 10-23-13, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 213 Posts

I got quite a scare when my town wasn't available for a while (even while logged in). I got a message saying "A level 32 town is already on this account. Is the your town?" I'm level 36 (now) and my town looked nothing like that. Then when I said "No" it had the option to start a "New" town. Reading advice online, I selected that and my old town was there.

But now it looks like that alert is happening every time I log in.
Old 10-23-13, 10:37 AM

Have you logged into multiple devices? Make sure you're logged out of all the other ones.
Old 10-23-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the update in my iPhone 5, and soon as the message about the level up appeared my game crashed! Way to start the new update.

Fortunately after I restarted the game, I received the message again, and was able to get the two free donuts.

And yeah, they need a big update or something. This thing keeps crashing in both my iOS and android devices.
Old 10-23-13, 03:01 PM

I got the error telling me that I hadn't closed the town on my other device. I ain't got no other device. Damned NSA spooks logging into my Springfield. Close it out when you're finished. Bastards!
Old 10-23-13, 08:33 PM

Something very odd indeed happened in Krustyland earlier today. I went around collecting everyone tickets and as I swept through the town it was business as usual. Yet, when I went back down, people were having ticket icons over them again, so I tapped them again and got double tickets. I'm at around 78,000 tickets or so and I'm not in need of cash so I'm holding onto them in case they do an upgrade later (maybe they'll all wipe out and I'll have to start over, I don't know).

At any rate, when it came to tapping people in Krustyland today, Columbus was right! Be sure to...

Old 10-23-13, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 621 Likes on 447 Posts

Story, are you adding people or did you decide to stop.

I sent a request over becauee I wanted to check out your Springfield
Old 10-24-13, 12:49 PM

Sorry, tony, I didn't notice your request. I haven't had much spare time to go into other Springfields in the last few days so I haven't a chance to accept your request.

Request... accepted!
Old 10-24-13, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 621 Likes on 447 Posts

Cool. Later today today I'll take a peek around.
Old 10-25-13, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just got into this game ... user name is aaron21222
Old 10-27-13, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time I try and log in, the game keeps logging me out and doing massive updates. Anyone else have this happening?
Old 10-28-13, 01:10 AM

Somehow I missed that the 2000 Goo bonuses are a chance for free donuts. Had I known that I would have stepped it up in the town-tapping duties with my friends in the last few days! Well, I say that now, but it's been insanely busy around here. I've even had to put most people on 24-hour tasks (besides Chalmers who is already on his 24-task out on the island, poor guy!). Going to see if I can get at least a few more donuts before this baby is over and I'm coming close to buying Heck House 'cause I think it's funny and the House of Evil because, well, that's awesome.

I went through my friends list to see who is from DVDTalk and who I added from TSTOTips back during Whacking Day when I was desperate for egg partners. Looks like I have at least seven names specifically from there and of those seven only five are active during Halloween. Two of them tap in my town every day and one of them has, seriously, over 96,000 goo. How does that even happen?!

The two who aren't participating? Their towns are weird. One is leveled up all the way through Patty and Selma, even has the Sunsphere, and it's like he dropped off the face of the planet right before he could collect his first goo. He hasn't collected even one so I can't collect goo in his town, only cash. The other one? He has one copy of all of the buildings plus blue houses. Lots of blue houses. Only blue houses. His entire map except for the minimum land needed to put all of the level-up buildings is blue houses. It's weird.

I still can't figure out who Brucefan79 is, though. Anybody? Beuller?

Have four requests and I have no idea who they are. Claim yourselves, jackdianeluc, Jlp0502, MsMagoot, and RAK1608, please!

Also, does anyone here know if looneyshin is a DVDTalker? I notice that he's on your friends list for Battlelog, Adboy151, thanks to a Google search. Anyone?

For everybody, I started putting in an "added on DATE" tag at the end of people beginning today for the OP. That way, perhaps we can keep better track of friends and when we need to add someone. If a name doesn't have a date, it was added to the list before today.
Old 10-28-13, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,062 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by robin2099
Every time I try and log in, the game keeps logging me out and doing massive updates. Anyone else have this happening?
I don't have to sign in a lot, but I get frequent updates.

Originally Posted by story
Somehow I missed that the 2000 Goo bonuses are a chance for free donuts. Had I known that I would have stepped it up in the town-tapping duties with my friends in the last few days! Well, I say that now, but it's been insanely busy around here. I've even had to put most people on 24-hour tasks (besides Chalmers who is already on his 24-task out on the island, poor guy!). Going to see if I can get at least a few more donuts before this baby is over and I'm coming close to buying Heck House 'cause I think it's funny and the House of Evil because, well, that's awesome.

I went through my friends list to see who is from DVDTalk and who I added from TSTOTips back during Whacking Day when I was desperate for egg partners. Looks like I have at least seven names specifically from there and of those seven only five are active during Halloween. Two of them tap in my town every day and one of them has, seriously, over 96,000 goo. How does that even happen?!

The two who aren't participating? Their towns are weird. One is leveled up all the way through Patty and Selma, even has the Sunsphere, and it's like he dropped off the face of the planet right before he could collect his first goo. He hasn't collected even one so I can't collect goo in his town, only cash. The other one? He has one copy of all of the buildings plus blue houses. Lots of blue houses. Only blue houses. His entire map except for the minimum land needed to put all of the level-up buildings is blue houses. It's weird.

I still can't figure out who Brucefan79 is, though. Anybody? Beuller?

Have four requests and I have no idea who they are. Claim yourselves, jackdianeluc, Jlp0502, MsMagoot, and RAK1608, please!

Also, does anyone here know if looneyshin is a DVDTalker? I notice that he's on your friends list for Battlelog, Adboy151, thanks to a Google search. Anyone?

For everybody, I started putting in an "added on DATE" tag at the end of people beginning today for the OP. That way, perhaps we can keep better track of friends and when we need to add someone. If a name doesn't have a date, it was added to the list before today.
I haven't been as aggressive since hitting 10K, but I am still tapping in my town and hitting others' as I can. I recognize many of the names you list, and have gotten a number of new requests during this event, and I assume they're from this forum since that's the only place I've put my ID out there, but of course there are ways for people to find it. There was one person who sent me an ID on FB presumably because I liked the TSTO FB page, but then that same person requested me as a FB with apparently no other connection, which I thought was weird. I sent that person an origin request but decided to take a pass on the FB request. I don't believe the origin request was ever accepted, though.
Old 10-28-13, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by story
Two of them tap in my town every day and one of them has, seriously, over 96,000 goo. How does that even happen?!

Jebus... I took a break from Tapped Out most of this weekend, I'm only at 35k and I've seen some neighbors in the 40k range, but 96k is crazy.

looneyshin had to be a DVDTalker at one time or another, I recognize the name even though I've culled new neighbors from a couple of boards to fill out to 100 for this event. jackdianeluc and RAK1608 are also on -- or were, not sure who's all there at the moment -- on my neighbors list. I assume they're lurkers here.
Old 10-28-13, 08:07 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I've gotten requests from names I did not recognize as well. I accepted them as I assume they are from here, maybe lurkers. This is the only spot I put my ID for the game. It just gave me more towns to visit..
Old 10-28-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,062 Likes on 876 Posts

Another reason to keep tapping ghosts is that every other day or so I get a donut instead of a GOO.

Pretty sure I didn't get my donut bonus when I hit 18K, though.
Old 10-28-13, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
Pretty sure I didn't get my donut bonus when I hit 18K, though.
Check out your drop down side bar with the candy icon. If you are at other towns and you go over a 2K threshold, that 2K counter does not reset until you come back to your town and get your 1-2-3 donut pop up. So you could be at 18,100 goo, that does not mean you have 100/2000 goo, it will be 0/2000 and you will have to get to 20100 goo next time.
Old 10-29-13, 09:22 PM

Hey, how do I get a crashed ship for Kodos (or whichever one we got this year)? I only see the old Victorian-era ship.

Also, can anyone tap my Squidport square to see if this glitch will help me get more squares? It sounds like a cool idea: http://tstotopix.me/2013/10/27/squid...e-tile-glitch/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.