Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Daggers of Destiny: Dagger Edition
Old 08-25-14, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
The Definitely Not DVD Talk Destiny Clan Featuring Groucho's Dick Venereal Disease
Wordy but I like it.
Old 08-25-14, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

List of the PS3 & PS4 extras....

Armor

Manifold Gear Set
Argus Gear Set
Vanir Gear Set

Weapons

Monte Carlo
Hawkmoon

Vehicles

Aurora Wake
Outrageous Fortune
Crypt Hammer

Along with the list mentioned above, PlayStation players will receive the Exodus Blue competitive multiplayer map and Dust Palace strike mission.

Old 08-25-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts

Can someone clue me in on what all this "dagger" bullshit is all about?
Old 08-25-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Can someone clue me in on what all this "dagger" bullshit is all about?
I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 08-25-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Exhibit 1: Remember last year's E3 when Sony gave the middle finger to MS on stage? Dagger.
Old 08-25-14, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Exhibit 1: Remember last year's E3 when Sony gave the middle finger to MS on stage? Dagger.
Old 08-25-14, 05:51 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,202 Likes on 851 Posts

Does it matter?
At least Destiny looks like a good game.
Good for XO
Good for PS4
Everyone gets to play Destiny
Really... everyone except Wii U, of course.

Spoiler:
Wasn't it because someone thought GTA V cross-gen-cross-platform profiles were a big deal or something?
Old 08-25-14, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, it came from this year's E3 thread where someone called Sony showing GTAV and saying that saves would be transferable from the 360 was a dagger.
Old 08-25-14, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that explains it. Haven't payed attention to E3 the last 7 or 8 years. It's a pretty useless event when you play COD exclusively.
Old 08-25-14, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just something silly on the forum for whenever each company one ups each other. i.e. Tomb Raider on X1... dagger!
Old 08-27-14, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Destiny -- PlayStation Exclusive Content | PS4

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pp3-3oXiZyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-27-14, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Only 12 more days

Looks like Best Buy will be handing out t shirts at their midnight release. I just checked and my pick up location is doing it, but I have to work the next day, so I may have to skip

Spoiler:
Old 08-27-14, 03:28 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eh, I have no interest in a t-shirt. I don't get off work until 12:30 and I work half an hour away from the store where I have the pickup, so I'll likely have to pick it up the next morning.
Old 08-27-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Only 12 more days

Looks like Best Buy will be handing out t shirts at their midnight release. I just checked and my pick up location is doing it, but I have to work the next day, so I may have to skip

Spoiler:
Not me...I'll be firing the game up at midnight in the comfort of my Rec Room in my LazBoy Two Seater, with snack & drink ready to go via the Guardian Digital...and I put in a month ago to take off for two days after release.
Old 08-29-14, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bosses of the Final Boss

This close to launch, a lot of the chatter in the community is about endgame content. It’s one of the few very closely guarded secrets about Destiny that remain. As much as the Raids that await the most vigilant Guardians are shrouded in mystery, there are some things about them that should be known prior to Day One.

Thus, Design Lead Luke Smith has become uncharacteristically chatty about them. Through a contrived question and answer session under the hot lights, he’s spilling the first of the beans that lie between you and the completion of the toughest content Bungie has built to date. Check out the debriefing that he offered up voluntarily:

Q: I read somewhere that it took 45 minutes just to open the door to the Raid, what's the deal with that?

Luke: Sounds like that group (it was DeeJ’s!) had some communication issues.

For the majority of Raid encounters, you're going to need to work as a group. That group of six is trying to form a metaphorical key which opens a given encounter's lock.

By design, we don’t provide much in the way of information to groups in Raids. There aren’t waypoints to follow, or objectives explaining what to do in a given situation.
Realistically, for many players, they’ll be turning to the Internet for help on how to do a bunch of the Raid.

There's an old Bungie quote about not wanting players to go to the Internet to figure out solutions. That quote certainly wasn't about Raiding in Destiny.

We fully expect players to either publish strategy guides on the Internet or keep their group's secrets guarded close to the vest in an effort to keep their rewards even more exclusive.

Once your group understands how to open the Vault, it's not going to take anywhere near 45 minutes.

Q: What about the rumor that some “clan” spent 16+ hours playing the Raid and didn't beat it, what's the deal with that?

Luke: There's a whole bunch of missing information in that sentence. So let's just talk about that particular weekend.

In March 2014, we brought an organized clan of folks in to playtest the Raid. This would be one of the only times the Vault of Glass would be played by external participants.

These folks are shooter players, not -- for the most part -- Raiders from other games. They are a group of people used to working together primarily in competitive multiplayer games, and hadn't been exposed to an experience like this before.

We arranged the 24 visitors into four teams.

We put them through a pretty lengthy UR study, filmed them, datamined their adventures, and watched them play it live. Later, the Raid team spent a bunch of time watching player perspective films we captured during the day.

We did not offer them help, tips or tricks during their time here. We didn't clarify mechanics for them. We watched, listened and learned.

In two days of playing - where they broke for meals and had some ramp up time with the game on day 1, here's what happened:

Two groups made it to the final encounter. Neither group defeated it.

One group made it to the final encounter, but had to be skipped through an earlier encounter.

One group washed out and elected to go back to playing Strikes, Missions and Patrols.

With the goal of as many players beating the Normal Raid as were willing to organize, cooperate and communicate, we made a bunch of tuning changes through the rest of the Spring.

Q: A “Normal Raid?” What is that? How does difficulty work in Destiny Raids?

Luke: There are two difficulties for Raiding: Normal and Hard. Upon finishing a Raid on Normal, players can attempt the Hard-mode version of the Raid.

Normal mode is about learning the mechanics, working together as a team and building strategies to overcome the encounters.

For instance: I’ve gotten a handful of Bungie groups through the Raid on Normal, and you guys (the playerbase) are inevitably better at the game, smarter tacticians, and more clever than we are.

Hard modes demand execution.

In addition to deadlier combatants, tighter tuning windows for encounter mechanics and a handful of targeted differences, Hard-mode encounters leverage an even harsher death penalty than the Normal modes.

Were we to track things like World Firsts, we'd be verifying Hard-mode kills instead of completing the Raid on Normal.

Q: Seriously, how long will it take, I have a life.

Luke: Because we store your progress in a given week, you don't need to clear the activity in one-go. Your group could simply make your way into the Vault and call it an evening, reconvene later in the week and pick up where you left off.

However, your progress for the week is reset each Tuesday at the Weekly Reset.

Q: What's kind of loot will I get in the Raid?

Luke: Each class has an entire set of gear to chase across the two difficulties.

And of course, there are Raid weapons. Each of Destiny’s nine weapon archetypes (Auto Rifle, Hand Cannon, Pulse Rifle, Fusion Rifle, HMG, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun and Scout Rifle) has a Legendary version that has been created specifically for the Raid.

The armor and weapons are completely unique to the Raid activity. They are visually and thematically connected to the combatants you'll fight in the Vault of Glass.

And of course, there are more rewards behind the Vault’s door that we won’t detail today.

Q: How does looting work in Destiny Raids?

Luke: The loot you get is private to you - just like the rest of the game.

Obtaining loot from a given encounter means that character is not eligible to receive loot from the same encounter again in a given calendar week. This is often referred to as a "Lockout."

I italicized “character” above, because if you have multiple Raid-ready characters, you can run the Raid again on a different character - and the Lockout isn't applied to it.

Each encounter has a fixed inventory of items it can award to players, e.g., certain pieces of gear or weapons can only drop from certain encounters.

Lockouts are cleared at the Weekly Reset.

Q: Would you give an example of a mechanic that we'd face in a Destiny Raid?

Luke: Absolutely not.

Hey. I never promised he would tell you everything.

You’ll have the chance to discover all of this pain, and suffering, heart-pounding action, and mind-blowing cyphering under fire from the nastiest beasts we can imagine. Soon.

One more weekly update, friends. Then, Destiny is yours.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Week...News?aid=12068
Old 08-30-14, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IkOXXWf3pYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-30-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

You can add +1 to pre-orders. I just out in for the white PS4 bundle.
Old 08-30-14, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

And another one here, too. Preordered the digital deluxe version today for PS4.
Old 08-31-14, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

foxdvd are we reaching 20 million?
Old 08-31-14, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
foxdvd are we reaching 20 million?
Old 08-31-14, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in my local grocery store and I found a special edition of Newsweek about this game. The hype for this is bordering on nuts.
Old 08-31-14, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,338 Likes on 4,333 Posts

Originally Posted by robin2099
I was in my local grocery store and I found a special edition of Newsweek about this game. The hype for this is bordering on nuts.
I saw that too. But this Newsweek isn't "Newsweek", someone just bought the name, I think. Like when somebody tried to launch an online electronic website and call it Circuit City.com after the chain collapsed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.