Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Time for a breather but then I'll be farming for spinmetal and helium for my wardrobe.
Old 10-24-14, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Yep...I second the Divide right where the Spider Tank drops.

I usually hit the building right there in front when you come to the area (cave)...
Then come out, turn left and straight over to the cave on backside with the open Train Car taking the drones & invisible out.... Come out of the cave and go along the wall on the left next to the Train Car...spinmetal and chest are there....
Keep along the wall almost to the end and in a small ditch a chest might be there....
Look in the direction where you first came in and there are some metal posts & beams standing up with the Train Car to your right; sometimes a chest & spinmetal is in the middle there among brush....
Turn around and hit the cave, come out, turn left and jump on top the building. The moment you land there might be a chest on the edge hidden behind brush on your left. Sometimes it might be under some leaning panels on the other end....
While on top of the building, stand in the middle and check on top of the container below, might be a chest on top....
Drop down, look for spinmetal around there and inside the building to your left....
Come out and move around to your left to the other side of the building facing the large gully and water below. Take out the enemies and look for spinmetal around the corner...
Now head to the large wall but about halfway of the building where the buildings meet, there is a small cutout a chest can drop sometimes. ..
Continue to take out the enemies in the back and looking at the large building, go to the right and look for spinmetal on the snow banks at the top and corners. There might be a chest in the corner, on top of the far right wall or down below where a large square block is...
Head to the Tank on the far wall and spinmetal can be found there...
Go to where you came in and repeat....
Old 10-24-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 spot for raid
Old 10-24-14, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Farmed quite a lot at The Divide and participated in 3 events and one was solo. Was able to collect enough spinmetal to upgrade gauntlets a couple of notches.

My level increased to 27. Now gotta farm a bit on the moon and get helium. I need a shitload of it to upgrade weapons and armor.
Old 10-24-14, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

passing on Voidfang
don't care for the perks and that it is all strength based
Old 10-24-14, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Went to the Tower to reedeem some shit and got me a Doctor Nope legendary autorifle.
Old 10-24-14, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I should have mentioned that I don't have a mic right this second. My headphones are charging since I hadn't used them in a long time. I'll tag along wherever.
Old 10-25-14, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like Bungie listened to feedback about Iron Banner
some good sounding adjustments coming
http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12318

nice running strikes with King and me007 tonight .... shame we weren't able to continue with the raid after such an effortless start

also sorry we had to leave you behind Mattysemo .... level 25 would have been a pretty big handicap ... glad you got that mic fixed though
Old 10-25-14, 02:08 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I never did a raid. My group I play with always just wanted to play normal stuff, and there was always one person in the group that was low enough level we could not start together. One of my friends sends me a message saying they have a checkpoint right before the final boss on hard and I could join cause he knew I never did it. I had no idea what the hell was going on (I am level 29) but they told me to shoot while 2 of them glitched the boss. Took 1 minute maybe...yay?

So for my one minute work I got a Raid Legendary armor piece..legendary ship...Hard Light exotic...and....Vex Mythoclast... The group all cussed me...I just said RNG is a bitch. lol
Old 10-25-14, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Nice!

We cheesed the boss tonight also. My group (of mostly terrible randoms) started running out of gas at Atheon, so we did what we needed to do in order to finish this thing off and not have the previous two hours go to waste.

Ended up getting some scout rifle I'll probably never use and, of course, the shader I already had. And shoot one thousand Ascendant Energy I got from the chests.
Old 10-25-14, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
also sorry we had to leave you behind Mattysemo .... level 25 would have been a pretty big handicap ... glad you got that mic fixed though
No worries. I spent some much needed time on farming and getting some of the challenges done. Also a big thanks to King for helping out.
Old 10-25-14, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry I had to jet on you guys. I probably shouldn't have joined in the first place. I thought you guys were full tonight, so I had already gathered my regular raid group, and we were on a dinner break after our first run.

Ended up running it with all three characters last night and got almost nothing interesting. Did get a legendary machine gun that seems pretty solid. But I only got one piece of armor in three runs, and it was the one piece I already had for my Warlock. Game is fucking trolling me!

Each run took ~1 hr.
Old 10-25-14, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well after getting a random invite, I now have a save point for the Hard Raid at the Atheon battle.

We spent a couple of hours trying to do the knock him off the side trick, and never really got close.

I just tried it solo, and got Atheon in the position, but only had one grenade ready, and needed my second. Damn.

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
No worries. I spent some much needed time on farming and getting some of the challenges done. Also a big thanks to King for helping out.
Yeah man, it was fun...especially that daily mission

Like I said, I'm glad I could help give you a few pointers on what to do, since Bungie wanted everyone to figure things out for themselves and whatnot.
Old 10-25-14, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I first have to apologize to "Scott" and Ice for leaving last night. It's hard enough for me to find a group doing The Vault but the timing couldn't have been worse. We did a run ( almost record time for us I guess) before your group came on, everyone needed a break and we were going to come back later" I guess we didn't know later came sooner than we thought. I really felt bad because I've been in that same spot before...getting a group and then someone bail for another. If you get one together again I'll stick with you no-matter what...I owe it to you and at least for your help on Nightfall.

On a even sadder noter as much as I was happy completing The Vault Twice I got shafted...and I'm not alone. There is a topic going on Defeated Boss and Got Nothing but several over the last few days are posting the sme thing that happened to me...nothing out of the chests. Out all the chests I opened on both runs with two different characters, only one gave me something...ziltch, zada, nada on the other chests. For the night after two runs....

A Titan Chest pc I already had, (3) Shards, (2) Energy and a shader....

Not to mention I got lost, died three times in less than a minute when caught in the middle of the last section and couldn't jump the floating pillars for nearly 10 minutes because I had the wrong jump on.....

...If The Reaper Bros and Chess disown me after last night I can't blame them
Old 10-25-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know there is the clan for PS$, but is there a group as well already for the XBO? If so what is it as I have no one to do stuff with. Right now at Level 27 with my Titan, and would like to finally start going after the VOG and some raids. thx gt is SCHLOOB
Old 10-25-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Schloob1
I know there is the clan for PS$, but is there a group as well already for the XBO? If so what is it as I have no one to do stuff with. Right now at Level 27 with my Titan, and would like to finally start going after the VOG and some raids. thx gt is SCHLOOB
Most of the people in the thread play on the PS4 side. I've seen maybe a couple of posts, including yours, that have been XBO users. Maybe you could ask in the general XBO thread if there's anyone playing it. If not, your best bet would be to search the clans and groups over at Bungie, as there are many XBO oriented groups there.
Old 10-25-14, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I also wanted to let folks know, those that I may play with in the future, that when running the Summoning Pits mission, on the way to Phogoth, you can bypass 80% of that level by just running and jumping your way through it. There was more than one instance where I left everyone in the dust and just waited for them by the giant door that has 3 levels to unlock. Save your time and ammo and just dodge all of those enemies and save it for Phogoth.
Old 10-25-14, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I also wanted to let folks know, those that I may play with in the future, that when running the Summoning Pits mission, on the way to Phogoth, you can bypass 80% of that level by just running and jumping your way through it. There was more than one instance where I left everyone in the dust and just waited for them by the giant door that has 3 levels to unlock. Save your time and ammo and just dodge all of those enemies and save it for Phogoth.
The only problem with doing this is that on the harder versions of the Pits, you have to clear out the room before the the room with the big door to make that battle much easier. Wave 3 is a monster on the Weekly and Nightfall due to having to face 5 wizards at once. If you cleared out that other area, you can fall back to it and pick the wizards off as they come into the staircase area between the two areas.

But yeah, you can do a lot of running otherwise.
Old 10-25-14, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The only problem with doing this is that on the harder versions of the Pits, you have to clear out the room before the the room with the big door to make that battle much easier. Wave 3 is a monster on the Weekly and Nightfall due to having to face 5 wizards at once. If you cleared out that other area, you can fall back to it and pick the wizards off as they come into the staircase area between the two areas.

Bastards, they thought of everything!
Old 10-25-14, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
http://www.destinylfg.net/
Old 10-25-14, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I feel a bit better now...I got my Titan to 29. I had lots of spare Vanguard points so I just bought three Legendary armor, broke them down and had enough Shards to level up a pc to get me over the 29 mark....now hope & pray I can get in the Hard Run on the Vault...

...and went ahead and got the Suros Auto like I need another Primary with two Hard Lights, Monte Carlo (which has become quite good) and working on the Atheon. I need to get my Hunter past 20 so he can start to work on getting the guns leveled.

....unless someone will try the Vualt on hard I'll be up for anything tonight.
Old 10-25-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't normally get a chance to get on during the week so I missed out on all the previous fun clan outings. But if anyone wants to do a raid, or weekly, or daily or night, I'll be on a good chunk today, leveling up my secondary characters but can happily switch over to my 27 hunter to do some fun stuff!
Old 10-25-14, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Yeah, you left me in the dust the first time. Then, I realized what you were doing. The second time the random had no clue so i dropped back to help him.

Also, you need a working mic. Would have alleviated any confusion and could have used the coordination during Phogoth. But, thanks for carrying me during our two runs!!
Old 10-26-14, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I now have my Hunter up past Level 20, never thought I see the day. I'm still runnng with a friend doing the story because he only has one character up past Level 25 and both of us are in the same story part.

I also went ahead and grabbed the chest pc for the Hunter...Crest of Alpha Lupl. It's actually a good one to me at least with Quick Revive on allies and me, extra orbs dro, extra Hnd cnnon and Special Weapon ammo. Plus it looks badass...

I had two Legendary and Rare with Light that got picked up by my other two characters, slapped all them on and went from Level 20 to 25 just like that. The benifits of having two characters pick up stuff actually paid off.

About to call it a night and Decker & Friend sent an invite for a Strike. I almost forgot just how hard those were when doing them at Level 19 and under with rare & green items...ouch!But thanks to the two strikes and having a Bounty on I got over Level 20
Old 10-26-14, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Gooter
Yeah, you left me in the dust the first time. Then, I realized what you were doing. The second time the random had no clue so i dropped back to help him.

Also, you need a working mic. Would have alleviated any confusion and could have used the coordination during Phogoth. But, thanks for carrying me during our two runs!!
Yeah, sorry about that, but we did have a good run. I will make sure my headset is charged up. I haven't used it in a team in quite while, so it needed a boost.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.