Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013)

I still need to get around to playing games in this series. I've owned #1 for awhile as a Platinum Hit and for some reason never got to playing much of it, and have 2 and now this game as Games with Gold entries. Damn you back log!
Old 04-20-15, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1 is a chore. I bought it in 2008 or early 2009. Played for maybe 2 hours. Didn't touch it again till AC2 was free cuz of Gold. I played the fuck out of 1 to get it over with but it's a bitch. It's a great tech demo at best, for when it came out. But it's repetitive as fuck. Honestly, you can skip it and you're fine. 2 is fucking amazing though. Brotherhood rocks. Revelations was good but I got bored w/ AC cuz I was just trucking through the ones before. I'll need to get back on that one.

Have never played the ones after it. I hear III sucks ass though.

Originally Posted by Decker
Amazingly I now have this game for the PS3, PS4, Xbox One and the 360. Way more than I need.
Goddamn. How'd that happen?

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I almost had a heart attack reading that...

I had ranked it 7th on my legendary, though outdated (made it in 2010) best 360 games...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/xbox-360-ga...360-games.html
2 is a fucking great game. I'm not sure how IV and the others are but even when 2 went free on XBL? It felt fucking amazing to me cuz of the world, the story, gameplay, etc. Felt so goddamn right. Brotherhood was more of the same. Which wasn't bad but it was still solid. Just more of 2, or an extension of 2.
Old 04-20-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Amazingly I now have this game for the PS3, PS4, Xbox One and the 360. Way more than I need.
The only one of the those I don't have is PS3.
Old 04-20-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake

Goddamn. How'd that happen?
When the game came out at the launch of PS4, there was a deal where you could upgrade the PS3 version to the PS4 one for an additional $10. There were no deals on the PS4 version but I got the PS3 one for around $16 in Nov 2013 and spent $10 credit I got from buying the PS4 on the upgrade. Then last November I wanted a cheap copy of Unity and I bought a Black Flag/Unity digital download combo from eBay for around $30. Didn't need another copy of AC IV, but couldn't really sell it for anything more than a few bucks anyway so I just redeemed it. And now free on 360 with GwG. Crazy!
Old 04-23-15, 09:09 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,188 Likes on 838 Posts

I finally started playing this last night. So far, I don't like it. This is probably because the game starts you off with steering a boat, trying to fend off other boats. I recall people raving about the boat stuff in the game, but at this point, I really don't like anything to do with the boats right now.
I made it to Havana, tackled a robber, then got in a fight with a bunch of guys.
I'll keep playing, but I'm not impressed yet.