Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Need for Speed: Most Wanted is Burnout Paradise 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-12, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted is Burnout Paradise 2

So if I love Forza Horizons and NFS Hot Pursuit, but never really got into Burnout Paradise, is there a reason to pick up this game?
Old 11-08-12, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So if I love Forza Horizons and NFS Hot Pursuit, but never really got into Burnout Paradise, is there a reason to pick up this game?
I don't have an Xbox but I'm thinking this game is absolutely nothing like Forza Horizons.

If you didn't like Burnout: Paradise, then you probably wouldn't like this. As been said all over this thread, it's almost the same, but with cops thrown in.

Just like Burnout: Paradise wasn't well received by the true Burnout fans, this one doesn't seem to be getting the love from the hard core Need for Speed fans.

I personally think this game is fantastic. But I thought Burnout: Paradise was pretty awesome as well.

One of my favorite things they added was the new billboard feature. It adds a ton of replayability if people on your friends list are playing it. Instead of it being some generic billboard, it's a big picture of your friends avatar if they smashed through it further than you did (and obviously your avatar if you hold the record). It's pretty neat driving around and seeing different avatars all over the place. Obviously the more friends you have the better. And you can see all the top distances that have been recorded. It makes you want to keep busting through them trying to get a distance that will never be topped.
Old 11-08-12, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

This game will be on sale for 25 bucks at WalMart on Thanksgiving night. Is it worth the purchase? Seems like most people either love it or hate it.
Old 11-09-12, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,358 Likes on 4,351 Posts

Sure. You could get $25 worth of fun out of the game just messing around. But I wouldn't make a special trip to Wal Mart on Black Friday just to pick up this game, though.
Old 11-09-12, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
This game will be on sale for 25 bucks at WalMart on Thanksgiving night. Is it worth the purchase? Seems like most people either love it or hate it.
I hate to love it. It's fantastic and maddening all at the same time. For $25 hell yeah... but is there anything worth stepping into Walmart on BF?
Old 11-09-12, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bet Amazon matches with a lightning deal.
Old 11-09-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the game is only worth it if you want to go online and do challenges with others.
Old 11-09-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVDChris
I think the game is only worth it if you want to go online and do challenges with others.
I don't know about that, I've only been online twice so far and I'm having a blast completing all of the single player challenges. There's a lot to do in single player alone: finding all of the billboards and gates, finding all of the jackspot cars and completing every mod/upgrade on all of them and finally beating all 10 most wanted cars while still having fun just driving around beating friends times and jump distances while the cops chase you down.
Old 11-09-12, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chipmac
I don't know about that, I've only been online twice so far and I'm having a blast completing all of the single player challenges. There's a lot to do in single player alone: finding all of the billboards and gates, finding all of the jackspot cars and completing every mod/upgrade on all of them and finally beating all 10 most wanted cars while still having fun just driving around beating friends times and jump distances while the cops chase you down.
I agree. When I start my game it tells me I've played 38 hours... I'd say 35 of those were single player.
Old 11-09-12, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh wow, I always associate billboards and gates as a multiplayer experience. During challenges is when I go exploring for them while hanging out.
Old 11-10-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found looking for billboards and gates while online was much harder. There isn't a whole lot of time between challenges and whatever time there is usually gets wasted while all the random douchebags are smashing into you between events.

That being said, I think I'm gonna be strictly online from here out. I got 100% in the single player. All I have left for the Platinum is 3 online trophies. And they all involve needing friends in game. If anyone here is on PSN feel free to add me and jump in my game whenever I'm on.
Old 11-13-12, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Played online last night, and noticed it wasn't giving me credit for Billboards/Gates while some sort of instructions were on the screen. I might have to explore the world solo to get all of those.
Old 11-14-12, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't think this was that great when first out of the package, but it has grown on me. Many more cars, and they are not just circuit races make this fun. The only thing I wish it has was getting from point a to point b any way we want, instead of going through the checkpoints.

I have no online friends! lol.. so i haven't gone online yet.
Old 11-14-12, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I can't figure out why they put checkpoints in the races. It does kinda defeat the whole idea behind the "open world" racer. Burnout: Paradise definitely did that aspect better. It was get from A to B any way you can and the fastest route almost always involved an off-road shortcut. Then again, criterion is saying this isn't a B:P sequel so I guess it's unfair to compare them even though they're similar in so many other aspects.
Old 12-05-12, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DLC incoming!

Need for Speed: Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Announced and Detailed

EA and Criterion have today announced the Need for Speed: Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack, which will be injecting even more high speed into the game, with a selection of desirable, super-fast rides.

The Ultimate Speed Pack will unleash the $4 million McLaren F1 LM, the Lamborghini Aventador J, the Pagani Zonda R, Bugatti’s "reigning world speed champion", the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse and Hennessey’s "savage 275 mile-an-hour ragtop beast", the Venom GT.

These five new cars should ensure that you're able to blast your friends' Autolog times, which should make you popular. Meanwhile, the Hennessey Venom GT gets its very own Most Wanted Racer event, meaning you'll have to earn the 275mph beast to drive it.

Included with the DLC will also be 25 new High Speed Races and Speed Runs, as well as over 70 new speed-themed milestones, alongside a host of extra rewards and unlocks. You'll be able to grab the Need for Speed: Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack on December 18th. Pricing has yet to be confirmed.
Old 01-20-13, 12:29 AM

I can't find anything online to help me with a billboard issue.
I have found all the billboards and earned the trophy ... but, there are 5 "special" billboards, I think they are called Speedwall billboards... When I bust through any of them, I get a message that I've found 4/5. I can't find anything online to show me what the heck these are. I know that the 4 I've found have a different image on them prior to me breaking them, meaning, it's not the normal "DICE" or "VISERAL" billboard, but an actual picture, like the cover of the game.

They are not listed on any of the billboard maps either.

The two that I can think of are:
Just East of the airport, where the sections of the highway split to one going up and one going down. The ramp is right between the two if you are heading East.

On the roof with the trees next to the park that has the huge rings that you can drive up.

Anyone know where all 5 of these are?
Old 01-22-13, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Anyone know where all 5 of these are?
Are these the billboards?

The commentary is highly entertaining.
Old 01-23-13, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by 19K
Are these the billboards?
Wow... I searched and searched and came up with nothing...

Yup... those are the ones. First one in the video was the one I was missing too.

THANX!
Old 02-20-13, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone seen those 360 Vs. Wii U comparisons of this? The Wii U version looks fantastic and blows the 360 version out of the water.

Spoilered for size:
Spoiler:

Wii U
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wii U
Spoiler:
Old 02-20-13, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And the PC version blows the Wii U version out of the water. What is your point? I would hope they would have something to make up for it porting a game 5 months after it's been out on other platforms.
Old 02-20-13, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's more space on a Wii U disc for textures, etc. I'll wager the frame rate will be worse than the 360.
Old 02-20-13, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
And the PC version blows the Wii U version out of the water. What is your point?
The point is it's supposedly the best looking console version. Of course the PC version will always look better. What is your point?
Old 02-20-13, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, and Reggie told me Black Ops II looked the best on Wii U too. Look how that turned out. I guess my point is that 5 months ago this might have been relevant if it had launched with the other versions. But at this point I guess Nintendo has to release something for Wii U, even if they are just ports of older games.
Old 02-20-13, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
The point is it's supposedly the best looking console version. Of course the PC version will always look better. What is your point?
What is your point?
Old 02-20-13, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
What is your point?
What's yours?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.