Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gears of War: Judgement

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: Gears of War: Judgement

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Beat me to the punch....Bulletstorm 2 all the way.
... that's the reason why Rod Fergusson left. ...
Old 08-10-12, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
I want[ed] Bulletstorm 2 [instead]
Beat me to the punch....Bulletstorm 2 all the way.
Finally played Bulletstorm last month, and I have to agree. The game was a blast and deserved a better fate.
Old 08-13-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Gears of War: Judgment's Creative Director Leaves People Can Fly [Updated]

Written Monday, August 13, 2012 By Lee Bradley

[Update]

The reason that Adrian Chmielarz and co left People Can Fly is because Epic Games has bought the studio. Epic already owned a majority share in the company, something it secured back in 2007. Now it has the lot.

"We doubled down on People Can Fly," Epic's Mark Rein told Polygon. "It was something we always hoped to do."

The decision to buy out the company led to the departure of Chmielarz, Poznanski and Kosieradzk. The group's departure was amiable though, reckons Rein. "We will be helping (Chmielarz) with some future announcements," he said. "Our paths will be crossing again."

[Original Story]

A number of key staff have left People Can Fly, the studio currently developing Gears of War: Judgement alongside Epic Games.

Among the departed staff is Adrian Chmielarz. He was Judgment’s creative director.

Following the news, Epic Games president Mike Capps issued a statement, saying, "Adrian Chmielarz, Andrzej Poznanski and Michal Kosieradzki have parted ways with People Can Fly and Epic Games in order to pursue other opportunities, which they will announce of their own accord.

“Over the past decade, they have been instrumental in building People Can Fly into the talented team that it is today. We wish them well in their future endeavors. People Can Fly remains excited to release Gears of War: Judgment to fans early next year."

Chmielarz later tweeted, “Gears fans, you're going to love Judgment. It's in great hands. And don't worry, you'll hear about my plans soon enough.

[via GameInformer]
Old 08-14-12, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess PCF people wanted to do Bulletstorm 2 instead , so EPIC had to buy them to keep them in check.
Old 08-28-12, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gears of War: Judgment Free-for-All Mode Unveiled
It's every COG for themselves.

Microsoft has unveiled a new multiplayer game mode for Gears of War: Judgment: it's called Free-for-All mode.

As the name suggests, the mode promises to throw team tactics out of the window and, in a first for the Gears of War series, it will ask players to take on every other player. It's every COG solider for himself.

Epic games will debut the new mode this week at PAX Prime where a playable version will also be present. Alongside this, two new maps will be on show: Gondola and Library.

The Gondola map promises to take place in a quiet, gated community located only a short gondola ride from the renowned shops and businesses in the prestigious Agora foothills. The Library level, meanwhile, will take place in an archive of important documents surrounding the life, career, and personal interests of Alexiy Desipich.

full article
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...-mode-unveiled
Old 01-22-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Early Copies of Gears of War: Judgment Include Original Gears of War

Microsoft and Epic Games have released a new trailer for Gears of War: Judgment. Voiced by Fred Tatasciore in character as Judgement's protagonist Damon S. Baird, it walks you through some of the game's new campaign features, including the dynamic 'Smart Spawn System', Declassified Missions, new weapons and player rewards.

You can watch it now:

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/22/gears-of-war-judgment-guts-of-gears-trailer" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Furthermore, early launch copies of the game will contain a Games on Demand Xbox Live download token for the original Gears of War. The offer will be available in all regions except for Germany (where the game was not released due to ratings restrictions). The decision was partly taken because research has shown that over half of the people who played Gears of War 3 had not played the original.

Gears of War: Judgment is out exclusively on Xbox 360 worldwide on March 19, 2013.

IGN.com
Old 01-22-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks fucking great!
Old 01-23-13, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, over half of the people that played GOW3 never played the original? That's nuts.
Old 01-23-13, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Wow, over half of the people that played GOW3 never played the original? That's nuts.
I can only assume it's because it came out in '06 which was barely a year into the 360's life cycle.
Old 01-23-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Ugh, I still have nightmares about the original GoW final boss. Argh.
Old 01-23-13, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was tough but I finally beat him on the highest difficulty. Wouldn't want to do that again though.
Old 01-23-13, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The original GOW was the very reason I got a 360 (and over the PS3). When I got the console that was the very first game I played. Nothing like it then and it's only got better with each realease.
Old 01-23-13, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

The original GOW was the very reason I got a 360 (and over the PS3). When I got the console that was the very first game I played. Nothing like it then and it's only got better with each realease.
The original is how I got my brother and his friend to buy a 360. They were watching me play and later went out that day and bought the 360 and the game. They were awe struck.
It's great because although now we all live miles apart, we played 3 together.
Old 01-24-13, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

same here - my first 360 was a Gears bundle from Circut City. Love the game can't wait for this new game
Old 01-24-13, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Gears is what got me to buy a 360 too. I'm surprised so many people wouldn't have played the original though, or maybe people played at friend's houses or borrowed the game opposed to buying it.

That said, I haven't been able to build up much interest in this game.
Old 01-24-13, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gears of War: 5.98M units sold
Gears of War 2: 6.58M units sold
Gears of War 3: 5.73M units sold

The decision was partly taken because research has shown that over half of the people who played Gears of War 3 had not played the original.
Bullshit.
Old 01-24-13, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That doesn't mean anything. They can easily check achievements and see who played what.
Old 01-24-13, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Gears of War: 5.98M units sold
Gears of War 2: 6.58M units sold
Gears of War 3: 5.73M units sold

Bullshit.
well you've sold me with your investigative skills!
Old 01-24-13, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
well you've sold me with your investigative skills!
Umm, yeah that's some fuzzy math. A friend of mine bought and played only 3 but not the first two. How does he figure in to the sales equation?
Old 01-25-13, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haven't made up my mind as to where to pre-order. It looks like everyone pretty much has the same thing except each has a different playable character than the other. I'm hoping for a bit more come next month in terms of offers.
Old 01-25-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Win some free GoW: Judgement DLC

http://www.gameonpromo.com/

For a free entry, text "game" to 87963. You'll initially have to reply with your email address to register, but then you can text "game" 5 times a day.
Old 01-25-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by TLwizard

For a free entry, text "game" to 87963. You'll initially have to reply with your email address to register, but then you can text "game" 5 times a day.
Cool, thanks. When I texted, I didn't win anything, but I later got an email with a code. Gave me a Baird multiplayer code.
Old 01-25-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard

Cool, thanks! I just got sent a DLC code. The email says there is only 500,000 available. It doesn't say what the actual DLC is though. I guess I could go enter it on my xbox and maybe that would tell me?
Old 01-25-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Cool, thanks. When I texted, I didn't win anything, but I later got an email with a code. Gave me a Baird multiplayer code.
Ooops, Def answered my question while I was typing.
Old 01-25-13, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Yeah this look fun. I can't wait to have my ass handed to me in "Free for all" or whatever it's called.

I love being able to have the Boomshield with any weapon. And I love that we get another Female COG.

I am getting a Halo 3:ODST vibe from this game since it's a prequel. Not a bad thing mind you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.