Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gears of War: Judgement

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-13, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Gears of War: Judgement

i have to agree.
this was the worse gears game i've ever played.
with all those guys running up to you, its not possible to strategize.
Old 05-30-13, 11:39 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I think it's the worst gears campaign so far. The bonus campaign was good though. It was just like gears 3.
They tried something different with the main campaign and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, the story felt less epic in scope and the episodic nature of the chapters made the overall experience feel very disjointed. On the other hand, the arcade nature of the chapters and the declassified missions added some replay value for me, as I could go back and replay them as self-contained mini missions of sorts without really worrying about the before and after.
Old 05-31-13, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I agree with DRG on the way the campaign felt. I liked the individual story missions via testimony yet it felt something was missing. however the "Declassified" option gave the missions a new twist which seemed to work better for co-op play. Some new stuff, new enemies and new characters gave it a slight uplift. The additional campaign was pretty good.

Survial mode has been...different...coming from playing Horde & Beast a lot. It is all about teamwork and getting the right mix of players and characters.But making it to the end can try one's patience. But you don't have to plan on sitting there for 3hrs to make it to Level 50 like in the other GOW's. My gripe is with new DLC stuff they focused on MP and got awy from adding anything new to campaign or even Survial. With the new charcters they could've come up with small missions of them getting there and added other maps in Survial.
Old 05-31-13, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a plan to add campaign dlc?
Old 05-31-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I kind of doubt we'll see much more; if anything more MP maps and skins....easier to do than add a campaign.

We already know Cole and Baird but I look at a chance to build on both Sofia and Garron, either in past or aftermath.
Old 06-04-13, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Gears of War: Judgment Title Update, New Achievements Detailed

Epic Games has announced the details of Gear of War: Judgment’s title update, as well as a breakdown of some new achievements for the game.

The title update will arrive along with Lost Relics, some fresh multiplayer Judgment DLC coming next month. The achievements, meanwhile, add up to 250 new Gamerscore.

... Full details of the Title Update and the new achievements can be found below.

[via Epic Forums. Cheers Scott]

Title Update List
  1. Fixed an issue that caused debug info to appear on the overhead maps when swapping out weapons.
  2. Scorcher magazine size reduced from 34-15 for private and LAN play.
  3. While holding the Boom Shield, female character heads are no longer more exposed than male characters.
  4. Prize Boxes will now deliver all unlockable content before rewarding XP.
  5. All gametypes will now have a rifle and a shotgun as the default loadout except for Free for All and Master at Arms.
  6. Fixed an issue with the Dreadnought DLC not appearing in VIP Overrun searches.
  7. Fixed an issue with the grenade animation.
  8. Reduced volume of self and team footsteps to better highlight enemy approach noises.
  9. Fixed the "You Lookin At Me" achievement German translation.
  10. The "Surprise" achievement can now be unlocked on dedicated servers.
  11. Fixed an issue where pressing the back button for the scoreboard caused the screen to blur until respawn.
  12. When searching DLC playlists on Execution and Master at Arms, screen will no longer freeze, forcing you to restart searching.
  13. Fixed an issue which caused game crashes while removing a storage device in the pregame lobby of a ranked versus match.
  14. All of the Survival map names should now show on the Survival leaderboards.
  15. Fixed an exploit where players could earn extra prize boxes.
  16. Removed unnecessary tooltips.
  17. Secret bookshelf passages in the Library map are now locked in Execution and Breakthrough gametypes.
  18. Fixed a typo in the current achievement list.
  19. Fixed an issue with the Engineer's sentry targeting Locusts being executed.
  20. Fixed Master at Arms gametype description.
  21. The Digger no longer misfires after swapping from a loaded Sawed-Off.
  22. Fixed an issue with Wretches teleporting back to perches.
  23. Fixed random crashes while accessing content from a USB drive at the title screen.
  24. Fixed an issue with the Generator not showing damage while being attacked.
  25. Campaign: Players will no longer be blocked by the missing stairs leading out of the Imulsion room in Aftermath.
  26. Gnasher ammo updates (start w/ two clips instead of one) for private and LAN play.
  27. Stim-grenades removed from starting loadout across all gametypes except FFA for private and LAN play.
  28. Weapon swaps now available per-map per-playlist on dedicated servers.
  29. Grenades no longer refill from Ammo Boxes.
  30. Minh’s hitbox adjusted for better detection around head.
  31. Mortar back on Gondola in place of Torquebow (dedicated server replication issues fixed).
  32. Mauler no longer able to hit things through walls.

Lost Relics Achievements
  • You Can’t Hide- Earn the Tree House Predator ribbon on Ward (10 points)
  • Getting it Done- Destroy the generator in under 8 minutes on any DLC map (30 points)
  • Dread the Rage- Get a multi-kill while playing as an enraged Rager on Ward (10 points)
  • Drop the Mic- Finish wave 10 of Survival at the first e-hole on Ward on at least Normal difficulty (50 points)
  • Flag Runner- Score a flag cap on Streets, Rig, Gondola, Library, Lost City, Museum, and Checkout (25 points)
  • Look What I Found- Get a kill with each pickup weapon in FFA during a single game on the map Lost City (15 points)
  • Flag Dropped- Kill the flag carrier a total of 20 times (20 points)
  • Pendulum Wars- Win a TDM, DOM, and BT match with your entire team wearing the UIR Armor skin (40 points)
  • For Gorasnaya!- Score 5 flags in BT as Paduk (20 points)
  • Golden Artifacts-Win a public or ranked game of Execution on Museum with all players using the Gold character and weapon skins (30 points)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Detailed.html
Old 06-21-13, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Gears of War: Judgment's Lost Relics DLC is out...

Including four new multiplayer maps - Checkout, Lost City, Museum and Ward - as well as new weapon and armour skins, the DLC is available to non-VIP members from next Tuesday, June 25th.

CHECKOUT – Checkout’s combat takes place in the carcass of an abandoned superstore. The shop owners tried to move inventory with a closeout sale in the weeks leading up to the HOD evacuations, but ultimately had to walk away and leave everything to time and history. The intense close-quarters combat of the store aisles makes every decision important. Weapon selection is key, cover is essential to survival and every move has an impact. When facing your enemy, remember what the sign says: “Everything must go.”

LOST CITY – The ruins of this ancient city were once a major archeological find . Despite sitting empty for centuries, the hydro-powered aqueduct and canal systems were still in working order and proved that the ancient Serans had a remarkable grasp of engineering and architecture. Like so many projects, excavation was abruptly halted when the Locust emerged and changed the face of the planet. Now every Seran city sits as empty and lost as this one.

MUSEUM – Situated on the bay just outside the city capitol, The Ilima Museum of Natural History features an array of permanent exhibits, special programs, and educational opportunities for visitors of all ages. With over a million artifacts and specimens in our collection, you can explore the wonders of the natural world at your own pace, or take part in one of our special hands-on workshops. Tickets are on sale now for our latest special showing: The Ages of Seran Military Might. Get up close and personal with ancient swords of mystical power and see some of the first working mechanical weaponry of our storied past.

WARD – The battle for Halvo Bay was fought on many fronts simultaneously. While most areas of the city fell quickly, a few sections actually had time to mount a defense and fortify against the incoming Horde. Some were even able to push the Locust forces back and regain some ground before all was lost. This Overrun map features one such area where the battle was small but intense, and the dedicated forces of the COG army tried to hold off wave after wave of invading forces with little in the way of reinforcements. They pushed the Locust back several blocks before resistance increased and ultimately they found themselves in a fierce tug of war with little hope of success.

Full article & Videos
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Vids-Here.html
Old 07-03-13, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...another key person has left Epic. That's three now with Cliffy B and Rod Fergusson

Gears of War: Judgment producer quits Epic for Bioware

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gears-o...ioware-6411016
Old 07-03-13, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget, Mike Capps also left Epic and three people left People Can Fly to form The Astronauts.

Is seems more and more like Judgement is a game that should have never been made. It will be very interesting to see what the next GOW turns out to be on the Xbox One.
Old 07-03-13, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I personally think since Cliffy B left Epic has gone slightly backwards. And when Fergusson left it's gone even more. no telling when of if anything GEARS comes out again. Sort of sad in a way for a series that has made such an impact on gaming.
Old 07-03-13, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stopped playing mid campaign, to play Bioshock Infinite, and haven't been able to come back. Before that I played one or two rounds of MP, never played Horder, or whatever is called now.

Kind of sad. I played hundreds, yes, hundreds of hours of the last 3 games. I still remembering having my then baby girl, under 1 year, in my arms, sleeping, and I was playing MP games with my friends, headset and everything. Fun times.
Old 05-15-15, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally playing this... funny since I created the thread with the wrong spelling in the thread title I'm not sure how far I'm in right now, but i'm in the middle of the Russian(?) dude's part of the story. I'm enjoying the game more then I expected, but that might be because I haven't played a Gears game since #3 and missed the gameplay and the setting. That said, the levels seem very disjointed and short the way it's split up, seems like a collection of short 10 minute stages. Good for quick gaming sessions, but bad for storytelling and level design.
Old 06-21-15, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just played and beat Judgement on Hardcore. That was easier than Gears 1. Fucking Raam. UGH. Hate that bastard. It was nice to play as Baird. He's an asshole but you love him.

The story is less epic but it's also fun. Weird how they took out some common features from the Gears control setup. Maybe I don't remember Gears 3 w/ its controls. Fun game though. Aftermath is fun.