Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-16, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Season 3 of The Walking Dead comes out on Dec 20th.

A New Frontier begins four years after the zombie outbreak first struck and introduces Javier, a young man searching for his family in the ruins of society. He runs into series star Clementine, who's now older, wiser and tougher than ever, and their fates are entwined from this moment on. Telltale promises it's a story "where every choice you make could be your last." As usual, of course.
Old 11-23-16, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Loved Season 1, still haven't played Season 2. Wonder if they'll offer it as a freebie before S3.
Old 11-23-16, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Loved Season 1, still haven't played Season 2. Wonder if they'll offer it as a freebie before S3.
https://telltale.com/news/2016/11/-t...december-20th/

You can actually preorder the season right now digitally and at retailers, and there are a couple of special bonus offers for those who jump in early. PlayStation 4 users can preorder the digital version by visiting the product page on the PlayStation store, and you'll receive a complementary copy of The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Walking Dead: Michonne to tide you over until the new season releases!

For Steam users, you can preorder the season by visiting the product page on Steam, and will receive a discount of 10% as a thank you for preordering.
Not sure if that helps if you're playing on PS4.
Old 11-23-16, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

Season 2 has also already been free with PS+.
Old 11-23-16, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Appreciate it, but nope. iPad ... Never owned a PlayStation. We've always been Nintendo and XBox folks.
Old 12-21-16, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Just a reminder that Season 3 came out last night.
Old 12-21-16, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To clarify episode 1 came out.
Old 12-21-16, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Episodes 1 & 2 are out. And they are both awesome.
Old 05-21-17, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Season 3 is the glitchiest game I have ever played. It happened some inEpisodes 1 & 2 as well, but the third episode has a massive starburst like glitch that covers the entire screen and happens with just about every new scene load requiring a reload of the scene. It's terrible and so frustrating. I'm about half way done (just left the adult female protagonist in the medical bay) and I literally can't play the next scene because I keep getting that visual glitch that makes the game unplayable. Closing and restarting the software didn't help. Doing a reboot of the system now.
Old 05-22-17, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 3 is a glitchfest. At this point it's frankly unacceptable. I hear their Guardians Of The Galaxy game is even worse which is why I've held off on that so far.
Old 07-19-17, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Telltale announced today that Season 4 of The Walking Dead will be the final season. Also, follow ups to Batman and The Wolf Among Us are coming soon.
Old 07-19-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Clem dies we riot.
Old 07-19-17, 10:39 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know the universe they are in can't have a happy ending, it is outside telltale's control, but I would love to see them jump forward to Clem being an adult and finding some sort of happiness...

But it will not happen. I don't think they will kill her off, but it will just be a sort of leaves you hanging ending.
Old 07-25-17, 10:34 AM

Just finished Season 3 last night. Was SO disappointed in it. Just so much worse that Seasons 1 & 2. Also like the guy who tells his waiter that his food was inedible and they gave him such a small portion, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that the episodes are almost comically short -- probably half the length of previous episodes of the series and more in line with Minecraft Story Mode than previous TWD games. I completed every one in a single 60-90 minute sitting and never (or hardly ever) did that in S 1 & 2.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Season 3 is a glitchfest. At this point it's frankly unacceptable. I hear their Guardians Of The Galaxy game is even worse which is why I've held off on that so far.
I didn't come across massive visual glitches in the later episodes like I did in the first (two-parter). I did have a comical and totally unforgivable one in Episode 5 though -- at one point on a rooftop, Javier is talking to Clem and then in the background, you clearly see another character walk by --
Spoiler:
Tripp
-- which is pretty damn significant since, in my game, that character was brutally murdered at the end of episode 4! How does something like that even happen? It totally ruins the experience.

Also, on a Meta-level, I think they were misguided with the whole story of Season 3 : If they wanted to shift the focus to a new group of characters, okay. But then don't throw Clem in there for us to react to. There's no way that a player who has been through the first two seasons is going to treat Clem the way he would treat any random NPC character they happen to come across during their gameplay. In fact, if faced with a choice between Clem and "your family", most of us would lean towards Clem rather than a couple of sniveling brats we just met. The whole set-up is fundamentally flawed in that regard. At the end, Clem asks you questions about herself as she's filled with self-doubt. Are you really supposed to respond to those questions with answers that are basically variations of "Yeah, you suck" and "Just give up"?

There were so many problems with S3 that I'm kind of worried about S4; though at least shifting the protagonist back to Clem is a good (and obviously necessary) place to start.
Old 07-25-17, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The length of episodes for all these modern Telltale games has been 1-2 hours.
Old 07-25-17, 03:14 PM

Looks like you're right. I'll tell you it seemed shorter. Probably because there were less agonizing choices or absorbing stories.
Seriously the choices in S3E5 were comical in their cut & dry nature. Behave respectfully and sympathetically or be an asshole. Really that Black & White.
Old 07-25-17, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still haven't played it. I'm through playing these Telltale games episodically so I'll wait for it to get super cheap.
Old 07-25-17, 03:32 PM

Smart man. I went and bought it on the first sale I could -- I play through these games with my daughter and wanted to tackle the season this Summer break.

Post here when you are done, Q. I would be interested in your opinion about S3. There hasn't been much written about it anywhere -- in part because I think it kind of bombed (and because Telltale is beginning to flood the market with these adventure games).
Old 07-25-17, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, after being unable to wait to play the next Telltale game I didn't care about Michonne or Season 3. Having other titles like Life is Strange around also got me bored of the Telltale "formula"
Old 07-25-17, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yeah, after being unable to wait to play the next Telltale game I didn't care about Michonne or Season 3. Having other titles like Life is Strange around also got me bored of the Telltale "formula"
The Minecraft one is the one that burned me out I couldn't even finish it. I did like the Michonne one though.

I'll wait on Walking Dead Season 3 and the Batman one until their on a PSN sale for $5.
Old 07-25-17, 10:42 PM

The Batman one is pretty damn good. I'd grab that one at $10 even.
Old 11-12-17, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Just finished Season 3 last night. Was SO disappointed in it. Just so much worse that Seasons 1 & 2. Also like the guy who tells his waiter that his food was inedible and they gave him such a small portion, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that the episodes are almost comically short -- probably half the length of previous episodes of the series and more in line with Minecraft Story Mode than previous TWD games. I completed every one in a single 60-90 minute sitting and never (or hardly ever) did that in S 1 & 2.

I didn't come across massive visual glitches in the later episodes like I did in the first (two-parter). I did have a comical and totally unforgivable one in Episode 5 though -- at one point on a rooftop, Javier is talking to Clem and then in the background, you clearly see another character walk by --
Spoiler:
Tripp
-- which is pretty damn significant since, in my game, that character was brutally murdered at the end of episode 4! How does something like that even happen? It totally ruins the experience.

Also, on a Meta-level, I think they were misguided with the whole story of Season 3 : If they wanted to shift the focus to a new group of characters, okay. But then don't throw Clem in there for us to react to. There's no way that a player who has been through the first two seasons is going to treat Clem the way he would treat any random NPC character they happen to come across during their gameplay. In fact, if faced with a choice between Clem and "your family", most of us would lean towards Clem rather than a couple of sniveling brats we just met. The whole set-up is fundamentally flawed in that regard. At the end, Clem asks you questions about herself as she's filled with self-doubt. Are you really supposed to respond to those questions with answers that are basically variations of "Yeah, you suck" and "Just give up"?

There were so many problems with S3 that I'm kind of worried about S4; though at least shifting the protagonist back to Clem is a good (and obviously necessary) place to start.
Just finished it today and that same exact thing happened to me where
Spoiler:
Tripp
walks by when you're by the helicopter.

I maybe liked it a little more than you (it's still easily the weakest of these Walking Dead Telltale games including Michonne) but I agree with all your sentiments. It was a huge mistake moving Clem to a periphery character since she is by far the only character they've given you to really care about in the series. I also got annoyed with the fact that every scene involving your brother he is just the biggest asshole and then they keep giving you dialogue choices where agreeing with him/backing him up is an option. There had to be 50+ of these situations and it's like why the hell would I be on his side?

They must have updated it quite a bit because I didn't run into any glitches and it ran fine throughout all the episodes.
Old 11-12-17, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

One of the more comical parts of Telltale games is when you respond to a question, you’ll sometimes get an alert saying “He will remember that”, or “She appreciates your honesty” as if there’s a ton of depth, but those hardly ever factor into later decision making.
Old 01-22-18, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wondering, but did most people fall off of this series after the first season? I'm just curious, because the first season has eleven pages of discussion, and seasons two on is still on this one page. I'm late to the series, just wrapped up season one and 400 days, but really looking forward to starting season two shortly. I'm just a little worried that the writing and characters won't hold up to the first season.
Old 01-22-18, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have them all but haven't played Michonne or the last one yet. I'll play them sooner or later.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.