Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Madden NFL 12.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Madden NFL 12.

Good luck with the servers. There is an ongoing issue with people (myself included) not being able to connect to EA's servers on a constant basis. It has been going on for 3 weeks or so now with no fix in sight. Most people aren't affected, but if you are one of the unlucky ones, get used to booting your EA game up and seeing the message "Unable to connect to EA servers" because they don't seem to give a shit about fixing the problem. It effects all EA games.
Old 08-30-11, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go Brownies
Old 08-31-11, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Online's for suckas. I won't play online, but I'll download the latest rosters. Worked for me (PS3).

I like the game. No complaints about it yet.
Old 08-31-11, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried to play some online games last night and could never connect to a game. I don't usually play online sports games though so I'm not going to sweat it. Local MP is more fun anyway.
Old 08-31-11, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Sports games + random online tool opponent = douchebag city

Sports games + buddy / DVDTalk opponent = blast
Old 08-31-11, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't plan on playing online much, if at all. But I just want the roster update. I just hope EA "allows" me to sign up with my online code that I possess.
Old 08-31-11, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For any offline franchise gamers, are you encountering the bug that causes it to rain in nearly every single game in franchise mode?
Old 08-31-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I played one game in franchise, packers vs browns, and it was raining.
Old 08-31-11, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Wait, if you don't have the online code you can't get the roster updates even if you don't want to play online? Doesn't affect me, because I was able to register fine, but ugh.

Got suckered into the Hall of Fame edition because I initially thought that was the only one with a credit at Amazon. For 30 bucks more you get a slipcover, a gigantic card signed by Marshall Faulk, and some classic team. Not even a nice sturdy medal box or heck, even an instruction manual. At least I don't have Hillis on the cover, I guess...

Played through some franchise, I think it's way too deep for me... I tried manually cutting players after preseason and finally just let the computer do it. I think it'll be the same for the scouting. What's the accelerated clock dilemma? Also, after simming through preseason as the Jets because I was tired of playing as Brunell, I play my first game against the Eagles and find that Sanchez is out for two weeks and somehow Tomlinson got statistically better than and is starting over Greene.
Old 09-01-11, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I think the pass code is the only way to get roster updates. I did manage to get my code entered last night. They must have had some first day bugs.
Old 09-01-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We tried to get a league going last year. Didn't last long. I do agree playing buddies and people that you somewhat know is a blast.

I won't be getting this years game.
Old 09-02-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After 3 days with this game, I can honestly say that it fucking blows. The accelerated clock in franchise makes playing with 5 minute quarters useless, unless you want to average 100 passing yards a game.

The flaws are still there from many years ago (psychic defensive backs, linebackers who cannot be thrown over) and the game is riddled with bugs & glitches. On one pass, during the replay, I counted two feet in bounds, then two more steps in bounds as I was shoved out, and was called out of bounds...so I challenged it, and it was upheld. The commentary glitches are ridiculous - I took a pick back for a touchdown & Collinsworth went on and on about how the DB made a bad mistake and the receiver had a huge gain. More often then not, on touchdown passes, they say it was the receiver that threw it.

This is game is crap. I got it because I didn't have to pay anything for it, but I'll trade it in first chance I get.
Old 09-02-11, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino
After 3 days with this game, I can honestly say that it fucking blows. The accelerated clock in franchise makes playing with 5 minute quarters useless, unless you want to average 100 passing yards a game.
I thought the whole point of the accelerated clock was to allow you to play with long quarters and have the clock management be closer to real games. By eating up extra time between plays, you can still call plays quickly but not run up ridiculous scores.

100 yards passing sounds about right, as that's what would happen if they played games in real life with 5-minute quarters. You should disable it if you want to play 5-minute quarters.
Old 09-02-11, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
I thought the whole point of the accelerated clock was to allow you to play with long quarters and have the clock management be closer to real games. By eating up extra time between plays, you can still call plays quickly but not run up ridiculous scores.

100 yards passing sounds about right, as that's what would happen if they played games in real life with 5-minute quarters. You should disable it if you want to play 5-minute quarters.
I play 8 minute quarters with the accelerated clock, works pretty well for me. Plays in about an hour, usually a little under.
Old 09-02-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drexl

You cannot disable it in Franchise, which pisses me off.
Old 09-05-11, 04:12 PM

So, I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon and my $20 credit still doesn't show up. Does the credit not get applied until the item ships, I'm guessing?
Old 09-05-11, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Apple Gooncha
So, I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon and my $20 credit still doesn't show up. Does the credit not get applied until the item ships, I'm guessing?
YOu'll never see it but its there. Order something else and it will be applied automatically.
Old 09-05-11, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LostFan
YOu'll never see it but its there. Order something else and it will be applied automatically.
I e-mailed a couple of weeks ago asking if there was any way to check my balance of pre-order credits, MP3 credits, etc., but I just got a vague reply telling me my current balance with no mention of checking a balance on your own. It's kind of annoying.
Old 09-06-11, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by redcat
I e-mailed a couple of weeks ago asking if there was any way to check my balance of pre-order credits, MP3 credits, etc., but I just got a vague reply telling me my current balance with no mention of checking a balance on your own. It's kind of annoying.
You can put something in your cart to buy (if you are logged in) and you'll see it, just don't complete the purchase unless its something you really want.

Its an annoying setup how you can't see your credits. Not sure of the logic in that.
Old 09-07-11, 08:53 PM

ANyone know how to get NCAA 12 draft classes into Madden 12? I have a roster saved on NCAA 12 and when I go to Madden franchise and import draft class it says no file found. I don't see how to create a specific draft class file on NCAA 12. I have a PS3 and I'm basically lost on this.

Thanks,
Old 09-08-11, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

^^ I don't know specifically, but I recalled seeing a message just before I created my franchise that asked if I wanted to import a draft class. Did you go thru an entire season in Madden and move on to your next year so it prompts you for that NCAA input?
Old 09-08-11, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V
^^ I don't know specifically, but I recalled seeing a message just before I created my franchise that asked if I wanted to import a draft class. Did you go thru an entire season in Madden and move on to your next year so it prompts you for that NCAA input?
No, that's where I got and it asked if I wanted to import. I don't know how to create a draft class in NCAA 12. I could have sworn I saw it at some point asking me if wanted to create a draft class, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I want to figure it out before I start my franchise.

Thanks,
Old 09-08-11, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VjZY67AMTJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-12-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't played a Madden game in a couple years, but i'm having fun with this year's version. I'm playing Superstar mode and trying to buff up Terrelle Pryor on the Raiders and enjoying it. Had to bump up the time to 15 minute quarters, but since I can just sim to when I play, it's fine.
Old 09-14-11, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LostFan
No, that's where I got and it asked if I wanted to import. I don't know how to create a draft class in NCAA 12. I could have sworn I saw it at some point asking me if wanted to create a draft class, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I want to figure it out before I start my franchise.

Thanks,
You import the draft class after the 'players leaving' portion in the offseason of NCAA 12 dynasty. You can check in your file management section in NCAA there's a spot in the drop down for draft classes that shows which ones you have saved.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.