Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

DICE has been having some server issues for awhile from what I've read. It's a crap shoot sometimes with delay/lag.
Old 03-20-11, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a few of you jump on last night, but I was curled up on the couch with my other watching Dexter on Netflix.

I have less than 2 weeks left, so she's looking for more quality time...understandably.
Old 03-20-11, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Whenever I hop on I'll probably join your lobby, but not your squad. I enjoy playing the game, but I'll leave the spot open for someone who might be a little more cooperative. Besides, I think I have about 15 hours logged in the game so I'm still getting my bearings and unlocking stuff. It's a bit stressful.
Old 03-20-11, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by chess
I saw a few of you jump on last night, but I was curled up on the couch with my other watching Dexter on Netflix.

I have less than 2 weeks left, so she's looking for more quality time...understandably.
Old 03-20-11, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I didn't know it was so easy to check your stats in this game. I just checked mine and was shocked to see I am just a few hours shy of 200 hours total play time!! But I was sad to see a 1:1 kill death ratio with around 10k each. I've played in 800 games with a w/l ratio of 1.52. I wish they kept stats on your best games.
Old 03-20-11, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No biggie, Ogs and I took some dogtags from some peeps. Ugh, we played rush and it was going good, but the blueberries were more interested in shooting defenders than actually arming the M-COM. It got frustrating.
Ogs is really good! I enjoyed playing with him last night........"That's what she said!"

LOL
Old 03-20-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
Whenever I hop on I'll probably join your lobby, but not your squad. I enjoy playing the game, but I'll leave the spot open for someone who might be a little more cooperative. Besides, I think I have about 15 hours logged in the game so I'm still getting my bearings and unlocking stuff. It's a bit stressful.
No problem Slider, but lone wolfing it actually makes it tougher to level. You're better off playing as medic and just following the squad providing med paks and reviving. That's the best way to learn the game. That's what Chess taught me and it really helps.
I have no problem with you wanting to be a sniper, but it's played a little different than in COD. The idea is you actually recon the bases we are about to attack by spotting enemies, laying out motion sensors and providing mortar strikes to take out enemies camping around bases. Being a "bush wookie" doesn't help the team/squad or even yourself in this game. Trust me, I've discovered that by messing with the recon class. LMAO
Old 03-20-11, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed.

Fun times tonight with Spatula, OG, Flip, some dude named "eggo" and Vong. We were absolutely rolling later in the evening with somebody commenting how fun the game is when you are on a good squad. Flip started out opposite us, and he sent me a note: "This team sucks."

Here's a stat to ponder: 618 rounds, 203 Gold Squad Pins (~33%) and 61 Ace Pins (~10%) and my K/D sucks

I love a game that rewards good team play!
Old 03-20-11, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome sig Slider.

Hopefully you understand that mine was meant to lighten a tragic moment and to play on your reputation. It's the sort of thing I hope Chew would have found amusing.
Old 03-20-11, 11:29 PM

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,133 Posts

A lot of fun tonight. Speaking of how fun the game is when you're on a good squad, the game froze on me during one map and I was taken out of my squad with frizby, og, and eggo when I had to reboot. Not sure if I lost my stats from that one, too. Anyway, it was a quiet, sad night running around with my former squad as blueberries and knowing every objective we took meant squad points I was missing out on! Things got better when Darth joined me for a two-man squad.

I met Eggo1634 online last week and he's friendly, pretty good player, too. Thought it was funny that when I got booted you guys hung out with someone who had come to the game through me, despite it's from such a small, acquaintance-level relationship of playing a few hours together last week. Still, he said he had a blast with you guys and might even come over to DVDTalk and check us out.

Leveled up, got a new weapon, and am getting a lot better at my sight scope.

So many dog tags. Mmm!
Old 03-21-11, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hate watching the "blueberries just hang out around a base and wait for it to get clear and then run in to "save the day". That happened a lot today in the games I was playing. I also hate getting put on a squad of bush wookies so I have to run 300 yards to a base since there are no good spawn points. Lately I've been putting tracers on there head so the enemy can easily spot them hiding in the shrubbery.

I haven't read this anywhere but I swear lvl 50's get some kind of first kill perk. It always seems when I'm shooting at a lvl 50 they take more bullets to kill and kill me before I get a shot off. Sometimes I've went down from ONE bullet hit from a subby when against them.
Old 03-21-11, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarthVong
I hate watching the "blueberries just hang out around a base and wait for it to get clear and then run in to "save the day". That happened a lot today in the games I was playing. I also hate getting put on a squad of bush wookies so I have to run 300 yards to a base since there are no good spawn points. Lately I've been putting tracers on there head so the enemy can easily spot them hiding in the shrubbery.
I sent you several invites to our squad while we had a spot open. And yes, that is the most frustrating thing about wookies. They are worthless as a spawn point.

One thing we were doing a great job of last night was saying who we were spawning on. If somebody says "I'm spawning on Friz", that tells me to hold for the next five seconds rather than making a run for the objective. Better to travel a few seconds later with two people, and it facilitates keeping the squad together, which makes your team much more formidable since a team of 3-4 will almost always move a flag and force hiding defenders out into the open.
Old 03-21-11, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I also hate getting put on a squad of bush wookies so I have to run 300 yards to a base since there are no good spawn points.
Last few matches when I've jumped in and not been in one of your squads this is what has happened. Absolutelty useless.
Lately I've been putting tracers on there head so the enemy can easily spot them hiding in the shrubbery.
That is so douchily awesome!
Old 03-21-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Agreed.

Fun times tonight with Spatula, OG, Flip, some dude named "eggo" and Vong. We were absolutely rolling later in the evening with somebody commenting how fun the game is when you are on a good squad. Flip started out opposite us, and he sent me a note: "This team sucks."
It. Was. Just. So. Brutal.

I couldn't believe how useless my squad was. They were never alive when I needed to spawn and I ended up back at the base every time. Course, the other team had pretty much taken every flag. I'd spawn, wind my way through the shrubbery and run into a squad of four or five bad guys. One time I spawned, took five steps (that's generous) and got knifed by chess. I may have used a few choice phrases. The guys on my squad must have been very confused.

The last few times I tried to reach the farthest flag and progress from the rear... but that only works when you can spawn on a teammate. When you don't succeed and have to start all over again its just so disheartening.
Old 03-21-11, 04:11 PM
Cool New Member

Yea I think Spatula and I met Eggo1634 the other night. He was the one asking about the forums. I was supposed to send him the links for the thread but haven't had a chance to do this yet. Glad a few of you got a chance to play with him, seems like a cool guy. Always good to have peeps to fill out a squad cause I normally just won't play if none of you guys are on.
Old 03-21-11, 04:14 PM
Cool New Member

BTW Chess, Dexter rules. What season are you watching? I'm finishing up the latest season now.
Old 03-21-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
One time I spawned, took five steps (that's generous) and got knifed by chess. I may have used a few choice phrases.

I wasn't going to mention that...especially cool since it was, I think, the last kill on that map, so no chance for payback.
Old 03-21-11, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dingwog
BTW Chess, Dexter rules. What season are you watching? I'm finishing up the latest season now.
I just finished season 2, and yeah, it's pretty good.

I'm enjoying the silliness and the characters, but the storytelling is a bit hokey and predictable.
Old 03-21-11, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Eggo1634
I'll probably send him a friend invite...just hope he doesn't delete me while I'm gone.
Old 03-21-11, 04:39 PM
Cool New Member

Well I'll be on tonight. Wifey just told me Dancing with the People you have never heard of starts tonight and I'd rather remove my eyeballs than to watch that. Hope some of you are on.
Old 03-21-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome games tonight with Lee, Ktown and Vong...great teamplay...great communication...very competitive rounds (won a couple lost a couple)...several Gold Squad Pins...four Ace Pins in a row.

That's just a good night of BC2!!!

Hope to see you guys at Warhawk tomorrow...my last night for a long time.
Old 03-21-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome games tonight with Lee, Ktown and Vong...great teamplay...great communication...very competitive rounds (won a couple lost a couple)...several Gold Squad Pins...four Ace Pins in a row.

That's just a good night of BC2!!!

Hope to see you guys at Warhawk tomorrow...my last night for a long time.

Yep that was fun even though I hate that map.....
Old 03-21-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep that was fun even though I hate that map.....

Forgot to mention Spatula was on early, but I think I only got to play one map with him.
Old 03-21-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, that Vong is level 25 already...moving up to second on the list ahead of Dingwog and Cruz. Not bad for somebody who doesn't like any of the maps.

Fucking addict.
Old 03-21-11, 11:45 PM

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,133 Posts

Well I'll be on tonight. Wifey just told me Dancing with the People you have never heard of starts tonight and I'd rather remove my eyeballs than to watch that. Hope some of you are on.
That's exactly why I couldn't play tonight. Wifey wanted to see Kristie Alley and we purposefully only have one TV (if we had one in the bedroom, we'd never actually sleep or talk with each other, you know?) so no PS3 for me tonight.

Had to do homework instead, can you believe that?!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.