Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-11, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters.

I don't know if I have a glitch or what but I'm trying to get thru the Masters tournament and for some reason my golfer can no longer add a power boost while backswinging nor can I put spin on the ball. I checked my settings and I play at Pro level -- so I should have that ability. Any ideas as to what could have happened?
Old 05-18-11, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
I don't know if I have a glitch or what but I'm trying to get thru the Masters tournament and for some reason my golfer can no longer add a power boost while backswinging nor can I put spin on the ball. I checked my settings and I play at Pro level -- so I should have that ability. Any ideas as to what could have happened?
You can't do that stuff at the Masters.
Old 06-17-11, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Sorry if I'm alittle late to the game here (haven't read through the whole thread) but I just bought Tiger Woods '12 for XBox 360, and I am totally frustrated with the putting. I get to most greens in regulation and then I am all over the place putting! I actually 5-putted last night on one of the greens! I read that you have to calculate how far you are, and if its a downhill putt you take off 20%, and vice versa with an uphill putt?? Is this correct??? It seems ridiculous that they made the putting so damn hard for this version....
Old 06-17-11, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hang with it and use EVERY SINGLE XP POINT early on to make your putting better. I too was frustrated as hell but once you up your abilities and play more, you'll get it. It's almost too easy sometimes.
Old 08-21-11, 03:44 PM
Banned

Late to the part as well. Was thinking of purchasing this with the ps3 move bundle. Anyone use it with the move? If so how is it?
Old 08-22-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slcpunk
Late to the part as well. Was thinking of purchasing this with the ps3 move bundle. Anyone use it with the move? If so how is it?
I got this with the move bundle last week. It's very cool. Putting is WAY easier with the move controller too. I'll never play this game with the regular controller again. The only hard part is the shots that don't require a full swing. Not sure how it judges your swing strength because I've done some really slow, quarter swings, and it still occasionally registers 100%.
Old 08-23-11, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ so it sounds broken to me.
Old 08-24-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm thinking it's based strictly on the follow through speed. I don't know. So... yeah I guess it's broken. Still way more fun/easier than using the regular controller though, IMO.
Old 12-01-11, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone else tried playing this on Live lately? I don't think I've been able to connect to the EA servers for the last week when I put this in.
Old 12-01-11, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe I'll give that a shot. Just picked it up over the weekend sales for $20.... seems like a pretty enjoyable game.